Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I have to get a job.
    #3403345 -

I have to get a part time job to help out with bills. I'm sort of nervous. I haven't applied for a job in over a year. I think I might just be a waitress or something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: MOTH]
    #3403362 -

It's nice to have your own money. Waitressing is a good start, and tips are awesome. Instant gratification is keeeeeeeey.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: CherryBom]
    #3403381 -

yeah, that's what I'm keeping in mind!  I'd like to come home with money in my pocket each night.  :thumbup:

Any tips for when I go see potential employers after Thanksgiving?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: MOTH]
    #3403406 -

Cleavage and legs are key :thumbup:

Seriously though, you won't have a problem getting a job Elle.

If you're going for a waitressing job, be sure to ask how your pay will be calculated.  If your tips will be deducted out of what the restaurant would have to pay you, or if your tips are incentive to give the customers the best possible experience.

I have a friend who used to bust her ass at Pizza hut, and then on payday after working an 80 hour two week period, she'd get a $100 check because she got so many tips for being a good worker.

Rather than just making her tips pay for a certain percentage like $2 an hour of it, they just took her total tips and subtracted that from $5.25*80 and saved themselves like $350 every two weeks.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in whatever job you pursue! :thumbup:


--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: MOTH]
    #3403418 -

Dress profesionally, use lots of professional language. Use a firm handshake and if he doesn't extend his hand, then you initiate.

Get your hubby to ask you interview questions:

Why do you want this job?
Do you have any experience in customer service?
Explain a situation where you helped an unsatisfied customer.

If he asks you if you have any questions for him, you do.

Dress code?
Employee benfits?
Is this position part-time or full?
Am I on a contract?
Will I be working many evenings, weekends, holidays?
Can I request time off if need be?

Don't forget to smile!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. *DELETED* [Re: Silven]
    #3403419 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: blink]
    #3403447 -

Cleavage and legs are key :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: blink]
    #3403455 -

Thanks guys! I'm going to check out the job scene after Thanksgiving. Do you think that's best or should I go today? I was sort of thinking after Thanksgiving so that way potential employers won't be so distracted, you know?

My husband is bugging me to get a job at Dell with him, part time, 6-11 steady hours. I know I'd be able to get in if I want to, but the question is...do I want to... that's a sales job I think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: MOTH]
    #3403493 -

I hate job-searching. That's the one thing that makes me feel ok working 9-5 at a shitty job. I tell myself that at least I'm not job-searching.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: silversoul7]
    #3403526 -

I know what you mean!  I really can't stand it, but I have to do it... I'm trying not to get worked up over it though.  :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: MOTH]
    #3404325 -

Make sure you stay on their ass about getting an interview and stuff.  Call them after a couple days and ask if they're still reviewing applications, ask specifically if you can set up an interview...You might think you're being annoying, but they will notice that you really want the job and that sticks in their mind.  I've gotten a few jobs for that reason alone, being persistent.  Most of the time, if I don't call a place I've applied, I never hear from them again.  There are a lot of places hiring for the holidays right now, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.  Good luck, we'll celebrate when you get hired :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: silversoul7]
    #3404562 -

silversoul7 said:
I hate job-searching. That's the one thing that makes me feel ok working 9-5 at a shitty job. I tell myself that at least I'm not job-searching.



Haha, I know exactly what you mean.


--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.


:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: MOTH]
    #3405222 -

Sell drugs. Work at home, you're your own boss, and you meet lots of interesting people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: Adden]
    #3405268 -

Well, I can't say I haven't considered that, but I don't want to go to jail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: MOTH]
    #3405287 -

Go for the job at DELL,you'll have to put up with a lot less arrogant assholes in the long run. It will also look better on your resume.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: Hanky]
    #3405319 -

dude, you got a dell.







waitress/waiting is always a good place to start to make some cash.

be persistant! thats all you need to know, otherwise just do what comes naturally, besides pee on yourself... oh thats just me probably


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: Todcasil]
    #3405347 -

Na,i dont have a dell. I'd like one though.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: Hanky]
    #3405599 -

I actually was a data processor for Dell a few months ago, 8-5 everyday. They don't have any part time positions like that though. If I did sales I'd have to go through training and orientation again, but at least it's paid!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: MOTH]
    #3405615 -

Sounds better than waiting on tables that will include noisy brat kids at times....not to mention drunks who cant keep their hands to themselves...and assholes who just want to make somebodys life hell.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have to get a job. [Re: Hanky]
    #3405821 -

That's what I keep thinking. I did food service for awhile as an adolescent and it sucked. I got a good recommendation from my manager at data pro. and an edge with my husband who works there, so I think I might have a shot at getting into sales. If I pass the drug screen. I've been drinking a lot of water and exercising so maybe I'll be clean by the time it rolls around. (I've been smoking pretty regularly for a few months now)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I just quit my job. (or: ever feel like you're just a piece of flosom?)
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 3,016 23 04/08/05 09:30 PM
by Its Pat
* A Quiet yet Educational Interview w/Joshua
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 4,700 28 04/28/05 04:00 PM
by Silversoul
* KristiMidocean ~ An interview with Enter and...
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 5,114 33 04/24/05 01:56 AM
by KristiMidocean
* Gobble! Gobble! (A Thanksgiving Day Post) PapaverS 1,880 4 11/29/02 06:52 PM
by Ripple
* How the fuck do I get a job!?
( 1 2 all )
sHrOoMeRrR420 4,018 23 04/02/19 04:49 PM
by cannabinated
* I got an interview with 7 eleven
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,371 29 07/31/05 08:04 AM
by question_for_joo
* Need help - Job Interview - upd8, got the job Adden 1,895 18 07/27/05 12:27 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Funny Job Interview
( 1 2 all )
pattern 5,059 32 09/15/03 02:44 PM
by Annom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,047 topic views. 9 members, 73 guests and 249 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.