Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: A Quiet yet Educational Interview w/Joshua [Re: PawPaw]
    #4097362 - 04/25/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PawPaw said:
Who the fuck are you? Damn this is a interview i really look foward to reading...Joshua is one of our best mycologist here as far as im concerned...
He has set a lot of standards for casing properly...
Go to OTD to be a party pooper..*waves bye bye

Hahaha listen to the man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: A Quiet yet Educational Interview w/Joshua [Re: oDin]
    #4098168 - 04/26/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

oDin said:
ok i have an idea, lets save the rest of this thread for joshua

/me awaits

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: A Quiet yet Educational Interview w/Joshua [Re: World Spirit]
    #4098674 - 04/26/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I am at work right now. But will work on this interview.

I'll get it up as soon as I can....which usually doesn't take too long and is guaranteed to please;)

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: A Quiet yet Educational Interview w/Joshua [Re: Joshua]
    #4099279 - 04/26/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If anyone else has questions they would like to ask, please feel free to do so.

This interview commences at Yellowstone National Park in the good ole U.S. of A.
http://www.yellowstoneparknet.com/

Joshua and Enter meet up near a river. We sit down near the lake at midday and just chill.

Enter: How are you, friend?

Joshua: I am good. A bit stressed, but accomplishing some good things. I just graduated from college with a B.S. (I smirk every time I see or hear that title) in Microbiology w/ a minor in chemistry. I am looking for work, and finding little. I do have a job right now as a cellular phone sales person, but need to make some more money so I can pay bills. I am currently obligated to pay $840/month for child support, that leaves me with about $500 in net pay?those bastards and bitches are lynching me?forgive my bitter words. I must not forget how lucky I am though to be in good health and to have all of the comforts that I do have. A lot of the personal choices I have made, good and not-so-good, have lead me to the point I am at right now.

Enter: Is this your first time to Yellowstone? Or to an official national park for that matter?

Joshua: Nope, as a child I visited this park, I?ll see about posting a pic of me when I was here as a child this weekend?I hope that makes sense. I still have vivid memories of the park. I remember the sulfur smells, the vibrant colors, and the unwordly textures. I remember old faithful and the bear warning signs. I remember the heat and the driving?..ahhhhh such sweet memories!

Enter: If it's cool I'd like to go straight into psilocybe dialogue. If you're feeling inspired tell us the easiest way to harvest a good crop. If you could post any pics from the net that would be extra helpful.

Joshua: Hmmmm?.twist while gently pushing toward the substrate until the stem has come mostly free then continue twisting while pulling. I find that this frees the stem quite nicely from the mycelial mass in most cases. It also leaves very little old stem debris which may act as a point of contamination later on. As for pictures, search the growlog forum for some of my grows. I don?t have ready access to my pictures right now since we are sitting in the middle of Yellowstone.

Enter: What about outdoor growing? Have you ever tried mexicanas or another exotic species? If so, we'll take any and all info regarding this.

Joshua: This year will be my third year growing outdoors. I have a lot of fun with my outdoor projects. I just wish I had a larger yard. I think a lot of people out there underestimate the climates and ease of growing outdoors. I will be taking part in an outdoor grow log contest with Sterile beginning in the next couple of months. I think it is incredibly awesome that two individuals can have such an experience while living on opposite sides of the planet. As for other species, I don?t have enough experience worth entertaining

Enter: How about herbs? Do you have any pleasure in growing or using herbs, specifically medicinal herbs like Blessed Thistle, Saw Palmetto Berries, and the hundreds of others out there?

Joshua: Not really. I read a lot on their benefits, but have not used them much. I have been trying to drink mint and green teas for their health benefits. I have some herbs my girlfriend and I are trying to grow, but nothing out of the ordinary. She is pretty interested in homeopathy due to health reasons she has encountered. I am interested as well but haven?t delved into it yet. I think herbs are a wonderful thing and wish that everyone had the knowledge to use them in a beneficial manner.

Enter: Let's go virtual hunting with Joshua for a few minutes. What are we hunting for and where should we head to? What will we actually find once were there?

Joshua: Hunting for me is a year-round adventure. I am always looking for habitats to return to when the season is right. It?s a lot of fun to see a prospective habitat yield wanted specimens. Hunting can also be being at the right place at the right time. I stop and inspect just about every mushroom I see. I live in a very bountiful region and have not taken full advantage of that. Mycology is a hobby for me, I spend time on it when I have free time?which doesn?t seem like it is very often anymore.

Enter: Define the most persistent pain in a man's life, whether he is rich or poor, good looking or otherwise?

Joshua: I can only speak for myself. I can?t say that I have any persistent pain, other than my lower back. I have chosen my path and am for the most part at peace with my path. I long for specific traits and qualities: patience, love, knowledge, genuine humor, will, and understanding. I suppose it causes me pain (more like disappointment) when I fall short of my abilities in these matters. The whole child support thing pains me and not being a family pains me.

Enter: On a personal side, are you married to a good girl? Got kids? What's the story?

Joshua: I?m not married, I have twin children, a boy and a girl aged 4. I am extremely lucky to have had them. While they give me extreme joy, they also give me extreme sadness. Their mother left me a week before we were to be married. I didn?t cheat on her, hit her, call her names, or abuse her in any way. It still hurts. She left me because I was young and dumb in comparison to her. I wish she had waited. I went from being a party animal bachelor with 3 girlfriends to being the father of twins in a committed relationship?it takes time to adjust.

I am currently with my soul mate. I only get one and she is it. Love is a silly thing. I love her very much but she is an angry person, I don?t know where things will go, but wish for the best. She has so many amazing qualities.

Enter: Apartment or condo?

Joshua: Ahhh, the either or fallacy of logic. Neither, a duplex. I?ve lived in my current home for 4 years now. It is very comfortable for me, but alas I am likely to relocate now that I am finished with school.

Enter: Fish w/tank or cat?

Joshua: Both?I have a ten gallon tank with an albino rainbow shark and three zebra danios. CaptMueller was kind enough to allow me to present my girlfriend with a two year old cat named Mary Jane. I very much like Mary, but am not too sure about my girlfriend. She seems jealous of the cat since I pet her all of the time as she states.

Enter: Live music or CD player if you could choose?

Joshua: Live music all of the way!!!! I live for live!! The best show yet was Ben Harper at Columbia Meadows. What a night!!

Enter: If we wanted to truly get to know the real you at the very core of your being, what should our ears hear in order to prepare us to relate to you properly?

Joshua: I am holotropic. I would like to treat everything as if I am everything myself.

Enter: Books or online reading?

Joshua: Both. I do a lot of net research. I don?t read too often, as books tend to bore me. I am reading The DaVinci Code right now. I prefer non-fiction.

Enter: What is the healthiest food in your refrigerator and/or cupboards as of April 25th, 2005?

Joshua: I believe strongly in the ?Culture Diet? as I call it. Cultured foods reign supreme. Cheese, yogurt, beer, bread and for those of you without lovers find a cultured soul.

Enter: Who do you luv now, child?

Joshua: My children, my girlfriend, my family, and most of all the principle of true goodness in everything.

Thank you all,

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #4099606 - 04/26/05 03:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:heart:

:thumbup:

best interview yet!!!! :sun:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #4099629 - 04/26/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You rock Joshua...Dude i have had a lot if great casings following your guidelines, Congrats on getting your degree :thumbup:

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #4100208 - 04/26/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

nice interview bro!~

you are one of the coolest people that I have ever met from the Shroomery.

I wish you nothing but the best life has to offer.

much  :heart: to ya!~

---

I really think Enter does a nice job with these interviews.

Anyone that doesn't like the interviews...can go blow chunks in the wind.
They are probably just jealous cause they aren't being interviewed.

The name calling in this thread...is uncalled for!~

Lucky for you...I didn't accept the mod job in the Pub that I was offered...or I'd have banned you for 24 hours.

keep it up...and I'll ban you for 24 hours anyway...and just post that you broke the rules in the Pub.

This isn't OTD...flame fests aren't allowed in here!~

I can see why Ripple isn't spending as much time in here as he used to.

The pub is suppose to be a place to relax and not have to worry about being attacked or jumped on.

Think before you post!~

*jumps off my soap box!~*

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: A Quiet yet Educational Interview w/Joshua [Re: Psilygirl]
    #4107345 - 04/28/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you Psillygirl, Paw Paw, and Roadkill!!!

I appreciate all of the good vibes, they help!

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: A Quiet yet Educational Interview w/Joshua [Re: World Spirit]
    #4107645 - 04/28/05 04:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome interview.  Keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck