Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKnattyD
Starving Artist

Loc: Core of the Sun
losin interest in music, FUCK....
    #3387423 - 11/20/04 01:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

music has always been one thing i loved in the world. i always felt an overwhelming feeling when listening to music. it was fucking powerful. music is what i live for. now..... im fucked. all music is so shitty man. i listen to 311,sublime mainly. last summer it was beautiful so beautiful it was overwhelming i just didnt know how to respond. Now, its gone... all music is just nice. 311 and sublime are played out... i loved sublime and 311 everyday listened to it non stop. now i get board of everything within at most a week. wtf. i then started listening to g love and sliughtly stoopid and bob marley which is fucking great but nothing does it like what 311/sublime used to do... does anyone else experience this? i feel like im losing meaning of life. now im starting to listen to rap wich is cool but theres no overwhelming passion feeling... its just like cool to jam to.... ahhhh. is it a personal issue or does music just suck now a days. and i dont even play guitar anymore im in a band and im starting to make beats on the computer and rap.... wtf. i feel like im spiriling into a big abyss. dont get me wrong rap is cool but it doesnt do it for me like happy music... now i just go back and forth between ani difranco ratm pharcyde marley half pint immortal techinue 311 and sublimke but nothing sticks.....ahhhhhh help me, please

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

--------------------
Roots natty, don't give up - hold on
If I am wrong, be not afraid to say so
Is there any difference between the black and white?
We are all of one skin - same blood , same soul
But there are some who think dreadlocks don't count

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: losin interest in music, FUCK.... [Re: KnattyD]
    #3387536 - 11/20/04 02:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

there is alot to be found in music, theres no question.

What keeps me going, is finding the artists who pour everything that they have into their music. The ones that when you listen to, you feel like they are talking to you..no matter if they are singing, playing a guitar, or even playin the drums.

What makes music amazing is the emotion put into it.

Maybe you need to find some artists who give you that emotion.

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3388470 - 11/20/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You should listen to pinback.

I'm just saying this because first of all, they are one of my favorite bands ... and also if you keep reading about them on the internet you'll hear of all these related bands that the members of pinback have done with other people. There are too many for me to list right now ... i couldn't think of or list them all. I started listening to pinback almost a year ago from a suggestion from another shroomerite and I'm still finding out/searching for more of their music and their related bands.

And if you Initially dislike pinback ... don't give up on the related bands yet.

I'm just saying this because this alone has kept me so busy as far as searching for music goes.

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: losin interest in music, FUCK.... [Re: abhi]
    #3388497 - 11/20/04 09:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

aje said:
You should listen to pinback.

I'm just saying this because first of all, they are one of my favorite bands ... and also if you keep reading about them on the internet you'll hear of all these related bands that the members of pinback have done with other people. There are too many for me to list right now ... i couldn't think of or list them all. I started listening to pinback almost a year ago from a suggestion from another shroomerite and I'm still finding out/searching for more of their music and their related bands.

And if you Initially dislike pinback ... don't give up on the related bands yet.

I'm just saying this because this alone has kept me so busy as far as searching for music goes.

that's how queens of the stone age are. trace 'em back to kyuss, and go from there. huge musical family tree.. it's kept me busy for a long time!

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3388506 - 11/20/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You just gotta keep grabbing at new shit... that's what I do anyway. I constantly crave new music.. it is an endless cycle. I'm into a lot of different styles that would all be considered a sub-genre of rock, and I don't really give a damn if someone thinks I listen to something that's "too pop" or "too soft" because I listen to GOOD music, instead of basing my decisions on what other people will think of me...

Here's my heavy rotation list as of lately:

Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
Third Eye Blind - Out Of The Vein
The Cranberries - No Need To Argue
Live - Birds Of Pray
A Perfect Circle - eMotive
Chevelle - This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In
Yellowcard - One For The Kids
The Used - In Love And Death
Something Corporate - North
311 - Greatest Hits 93-03
Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News
Collective Soul - Disciplined Breakdown
Live - Awake (Greatest Hits)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: losin interest in music, FUCK.... [Re: abhi]
    #3388512 - 11/20/04 09:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Can you name any bands Pinback sounds similar to? I'm curious.. I've never heard them, but heard hte name a number of times.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #3389260 - 11/20/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You just have to force your tastes to spread a little wider.

Right now I think you're depressed because you're looking for music that is too much like the music you already love. You have to open your mind to accept artists you didn't think you'd like.

1) go classic. Find the influences of the artists you love (www.allmusic.com) and get into them. Greatest Hits, best album, whatever.

2) go classical. I'm a strong believer that everyone should listen to classical music--everyone will appreciate it. Bach, Beethoven, Debussy, Mahler... such a wide range, it's amazing it can all fit under 1 word.

2) dig into a new genre. Electronic, Indie (which goes deeper forever), metal, hip hop (not rap, HIP HOP)...

This has happened to me too, man. I started looking for obscure electronica, and it opened me up to really experimental shit, to really poppy stuff I'd never thought I'd like.

need any specific recommendations?

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #3389336 - 11/20/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I hate you repeat what two other people have said but I only do because its so true. Expand your horizons. I'm a metalhead, but I listen to all sorts of different stuff as well. I love looking for new music to listen to, I do it so much I would consider it a hobby.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: losin interest in music, FUCK.... [Re: Harbinger]
    #3389344 - 11/20/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

try not lsitenin to music for a while, then you'l want it bad after a week or more :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: losin interest in music, FUCK.... [Re: MovingTarget]
    #3389573 - 11/20/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you listened to something like Phish, you'd be set for life.
That shit never ever gets old, and also they have thousands of live concert recording that you can get your hands on :wink:

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder