Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOpivynfg
journeyman

Acid vs Shrooms
    #338395 - 06/11/01 03:53 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I am still rather young (16) and the only place I really have where I can go to do things such as get high or the like is my basement. I was wondering what the chances of me freaking on acid or shrooms and waking my parents 2 floors up would be. Is one less likely to make me freak then the other?

--------------------
So you thought you might like to go to the show...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: Opivynfg]
    #338400 - 06/11/01 04:02 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I think there is less chance of you freaking out on mushrooms than on acid, especially if you don't know the potency of the acid. You could take one hit and completely lose touch with reality or you could take one hit and feel not so much as a buzz. With mushrooms, even though potenct varies, you still have a better idea of what sized dose you are taking. Don't eat more than 1.7 grams (half an eighth) if it's your first time. With a dose like that, I'm sure you won't come running into your parents room screaming about monsters in your head.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisibleHydro
addict
Loc: In your closet..
    #338514 - 06/11/01 06:38 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I think you should wait another 2-5 years before taking psychedelics. Just my two cents. Do as you please..

Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

OfflinePotSmokinHippie
Pothead

Loc: New york
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #338518 - 06/11/01 06:40 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with kosmic. Shrooms tend to be more gentler than acid. Just make sure you don't give your parents a reason to come down there. Even on low doses parents can totally freak you out, on any drug.

I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then I could keep both Dracula AND Superman away.

--------------------
"assumption is the mother of all fuckup" - me

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: Hydro]
    #338562 - 06/11/01 07:42 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I see what you're saying but some 16 year olds can be quite mature and mentally prepared for the psychedelic experience.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#338573 - 06/11/01 07:54 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

if youre gonna be confined to a basement alone, first of all i wouldnt recommend it, especially when youre young or inexperienced. i tried a half eighth of shrooms in my room, and though i didnt get much out of it, i still got very nervous and paranoid, not fun for me at all. ive sworn myself to only trip outside of my house and mostly with my friends until im more experienced with psychedelics...as for which is calmer? i dont know, the weird thing is i freaked out LESS on 3 1/2 hits of acid than my half eighth shroom trip last friday...but alone in a basement, i bet youd freak out if you were on acid, go for shrooms or dont do it in your basement is what i think would be best. have fun and dont wake the parents

We're all mad here...

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: PotSmokinHippie]
    #338735 - 06/11/01 10:41 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

> Shrooms tend to be more gentler than acid.

I disagree. I always found acid to be more of a (physical and mental) rush than mushrooms. Mushrooms had too much body interference. Also, acid seemed to make me prone to laughter more than shrooms.

OfflineOpivynfg
journeyman

Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: HB]
    #339114 - 06/12/01 12:58 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldnt be alone. I have a friend who is really interested in it too. We wanted to do them together in my basement. I was just concered I would become loud or something. Ive been around my parents stoned countless times, and they never caught me. But I had been told that when tripping you are too fucked up to do anything. I figured I would ask you people, because clearly you are much more experienced then me.

So me and my friend, in my basement, splitting an eighth. That sound like it would be alright?

--------------------
So you thought you might like to go to the show...

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#339143 - 06/12/01 02:10 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

im quite quiet when tripping, and I actually talked to my friend's entire family while peaking on just over half an eighth with very little problem and I was actually enjoying it too, oddly enough. Needless to say, they suspected nothing and everybody was happy. If you are only doing half an eighth then I wouldn't worry, just make sure you have room to move, I get bored of sitting in one room, I need space to move around in or I get anxious. I think you would have a lot more fun, at, say, a park or something, but if you must, tripping in your basement wouldn't be bad, supposing you have your set and setting down. have fun

We're all mad here...

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: Kid]
    #339522 - 06/12/01 10:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Kid, its funny you say you get more body noise from shrooms. For me it's the otherway around. With acid my back always cramps up about halfway through the trip and can be quite annoying/painful. Then towards the end of the trip I usually get a headache and aching in my legs and my body/mind just feel spent as fuck. My last acid trip was just last Saturday and all of these "body noises" appeared. I find shrooms to be much gentler on my body and mind. I usually have no "body noise" except maybe slight nausea on the coming up, which usually goes away once I start tripping. I usually feel refreshed and relaxed after a shroom trip as opposed to burnt out and tight.

As for the original question, I think that both have equal potential to freak you out. It's all going to come down to set, setting, dosage, and your personal reaction to either drug. Shrooms might be the better route since dosage it easier to control and they last for much shorter amount of time.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

OfflineMrNiceGuy
Stranger
Loc: NY, USA
    #339986 - 06/13/01 04:53 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hydro why should he wait? i'm just curious, because i (and many of my friends) have tried psychedelics and we're all either 14 or 15 (i'm 14) and we were fine. we all had a lot of experience with drugs though.

Offlineshroomies
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: MrNiceGuy]
    #340084 - 06/13/01 06:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well dude, if your worried about the basement holdin you back or freakin you out, just dont trip in the basement! Pick a nice sunny day and wonder into the woods, or just go out at night. A lot of my trips are the jump out your window at 3 in the morning kind. Its great if you have a nice secluded spot where you dont have to worry about any people or piggies sneakin up on you. Bring you binger, buds, a few towels, stuff to drink, and whatever trip toys you want.

nothing I see can be taken from me

--------------------
nothing I see can be taken from me

InvisibleHydro
addict
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: MrNiceGuy]
    #340717 - 06/14/01 02:27 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I look at it like this. The human brain isn't fully physicly formed (say that ten times fast) until your around the age of 21-23 years old. Also, most kids around the ages of 14-16 just got finished with the initial stages of puberty, but still have a long way to go until they fully mature. You have to be responsible to put drugs into your body! If your not, then you are going to fuck up. You also have to be mentally capible for such a journey. Most teens these days are far from it! Not my trouble though. As I said, do as you please. I'm only hear for my two cents worth of information. ;-)

Immature use of psychedelics = confusion
Mature use of psychedelics = understanding

Hydro has spoken!

Edited by Hydro on 06/14/01 04:33 PM.

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
    #341849 - 06/15/01 10:18 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with hydro... don't do any drugs until you're older and your mind has developed more and stuff. Works better... how many 14 year old kids do you see who do drugs for a better understanding? Not that many, usually just some kids wasting time by getting high : )~ its not always that, but usually. Also, I think shrooms would be better than acid but I wouldn't recommend doing them alone or in your basement the first time you try them. You might get the laughs real bad and when you're alone you tend to drift off deep into thaughts and sometimes build yourself up for an anxiety attack... so don't go solo till you've done it a few times with other people.

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

Long Live The Free Spore Ring!

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #342476 - 06/16/01 08:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

"The human brain isn't fully physicly formed"
watch what you say- you're saying the brain isn't PHYSICALLY formed yet, i.e. taking the mushrooms is going to stop the forming of your PHYSICAL brain, think before you tell someone something.

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: thegoldenteacher]
    #342492 - 06/16/01 09:26 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i know many 16-20 year olds who trip for personal enlightenment.

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Offlinetwisted1
Stranger
    #342717 - 06/17/01 09:03 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

The first time i tripped was when i was 16 and me and a friend ate 1.5g each. We were in his basement too and the only problem we had was keeping quiet we were having such a good time!!!! You should try and have access to nature though, that way if you want a change of pace you can just walk outside.

Edited by twisted1 on 06/17/01 11:04 AM.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: twisted1]
    #343098 - 06/17/01 09:42 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i first did acid when i was 15 (not too long ago, im only 16 now) and did it for the creative aspects of it. my friend told me of his trips (he was relatively new to acid and never did shrooms before) and i got really into it cuz im an artist. i kinda told myself it was too much (i believed all the media hype about it) and that I would never do it, but one day he came to school and had 4 PEZ hits and asked if i wanted to do them the next weekend, and without thinking i said yes. so i came to the shroomery and read the FAQ on shrooms over and over till i felt i was ready (this was also before the message boards for me) so he came to my ranch and we tripped (i have it in a trip report under Level 3 : First Trip -- LONG) and had the trip of my life, to get to the point. and thats what pulled me into the world of psychedelics. i used acid at the beginning mainly for visuals, but went beyond that and am now looking for enlightenment of any kind while tripping. needless to say tripping has brought many new artistic ideas to my head and has improved my work ;) but im looking to go BEYOND the visuals and into some actual journeying. and if i dont get enlightened, so be it, im still not fully physically "formed" yet but i am very mentally structured. and after my stupid DXM shit im not jumping into any large doses until im really ready -- which probably wont be for a while, im still quite new to the world of psychedelics. i know a shitload about them, but i still havent passed the double-digit trip count, so until then ...

We're all mad here...

InvisibleHydro
addict
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: Lallafa]
    #344011 - 06/18/01 10:24 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I said most kids these days are just trippin' to get fucked up. That wouldn't be all that bad, but then they do it incredibly irresponsibly! I say drink a beer if you want to get fucked up.

Whether your taking psychedelics for personal enlightenment or to just get fucked up, you?re going to have to do it responsibly. Bottom line is, a lot of 16 year olds are not that responsible yet. At least in my area anyways.

Hydro has spoken!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

InvisibleHydro
addict
Re: Acid vs Shrooms [Re: HB]
    #344018 - 06/18/01 10:33 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

> but i still havent passed the double-digit trip count

What is the purpose behind keeping a count of how many times one has tripped? I never really got that. I used to think it was some sort of big deal when I first started trippin', but I just stopped counting after 30 times or so. 8-P``

Hydro has spoken!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order