Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Registered: 06/06/01
Posts: 11
Last seen: 16 years, 4 months
terrarium specs help (cool mist)
    #338490 - 06/11/01 08:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I have a rubbermaid 115L (122Q) type bin with a lid. I am planning on using a coolmist humidifier plugged directly into it on the top left side. Now i was wondering what would be the best way to put an exi valve on there. should i put it directly on the bottom middle so air and excess water can leak out. maybe some type of hosing an inch or so draped into a cup of h202. this would require me putting the tub on blocks. any ideas on if this will work. how big should i make the exit hole(s?). any ideas on my design or any help.
i am planning on casing in vermiculite, and maybe putting 2 reg pf cakes in there too or should i just stick to one or the other?
thanx any help would be cool.

http://ted_bundy_jr.tripod.com you have been warned

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
old hand

Registered: 03/16/01
Posts: 968
Loc: here
Re: terrarium specs help (cool mist) [Re: tedbundyjr]
    #338652 - 06/11/01 11:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

A monkey of mine used to have a humidifier which conveniently had a 1" hole which the goodies came out of... he purchased himself some clear flexible tubing and glued it to the hole- then he ran it inside what you already own. The humidifier should be below the exhaust of the tubing so water condensation can flow down back into the humidifier.The hole pumping in your air should be high on the wall of your terr.
The hole for letting stagnant air out should be low on the wall of your terr and prefferably adjacent to your humidifier hole. you dont need more than 1/4 - 1/2" hole.

"slutguts" - auto59009
Drool Donkey Island

Edited by BrownPastures on 06/11/01 11:33 PM.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post deleted by Administrator Anonymous 777 5 07/20/02 04:58 AM
by cecil
* Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier FAQ
( 1 2 3 all )
World Spirit 5,132 47 07/30/03 12:47 PM
by EthanEdwards
* Another cool mist humidifier question wise_gardener 829 3 07/19/06 02:03 AM
by Yamidude
* Cool mist humidifier - all made equal? danma 797 5 08/11/04 02:20 AM
by phucknut68
* Best Cool Mist Humidifier to order? Erawk 3,665 16 02/12/06 09:38 PM
by pipeDream
* Cool mist humidifier?humidity level casper702 861 2 09/14/03 12:20 AM
by THATS iT!
* Cool mist humidifier and air exchange PsilocyberBabe 2,354 19 06/14/03 12:18 AM
by shakta
* Cool mist humidifier PsilocyberBabe 604 5 06/08/03 05:40 PM
by jakeholman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Roadkill, Magash, Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, Citric, total, FooMan, 13shrooms, stonesun, cronicr, PussyFart, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
445 topic views. 10 members, 54 guests and 36 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 19 queries.