Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband
    #3368562 - 11/16/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041116/ts_nm/iraq_hassan_dc

Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband

8 minutes ago Top Stories - Reuters

By Seif Fouad

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Margaret Hassan, a British aid worker kidnapped in Baghdad a month ago, has probably been killed, her Iraqi husband and British diplomats said on Tuesday after viewing a video apparently showing her being shot.

"I have been told that there is a video of Margaret which appears to show her murder," Tahsin Hassan told Reuters in Baghdad, adding he was not entirely sure of its authenticity.

"There is a tape that appears to show Margaret's murder," an official at the British embassy in Baghdad told Reuters, adding that it was "probably genuine."

Al Jazeera television said it had received a video tape which appeared to show a gunman shooting her.

Tahsin Hassan appealed to the kidnappers to return his wife's body for burial if indeed they had killed her.

"I want to know if she is alive or dead. If she's dead I want to know where she is so I can bury her in peace," he said, stressing her dedication to her adoptive land.

"Margaret lived with me for more than 30 years in Iraq (news - web sites) and dedicated her life to serving the Iraqi people."

Dublin-born Margaret Hassan, who has joint British and Iraqi nationality, was seized on Oct. 19 while on her way to work at Care International, for which she was Iraq country director.

Hassan had appeared in video tapes released by her unknown captors calling on the British government to withdraw its troops from Iraq. At one stage, her captors threatened to hand her over to a group led by al Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi if Britain did not pull out its troops within 48 hours.

But earlier this month, Zarqawi's group posted a message on an Islamic Web site urging Hassan's captors to free her unless she were proven to be a spy.

It remained unclear who had been holding the aid worker most recently.

Few foreign women have been taken hostage in Iraq. Last month, Zarqawi's group beheaded British engineer Kenneth Bigley after London refused to withdraw its forces.

Militants have waged a campaign of kidnappings and killings to try to force U.S.-led troops and foreigners to leave Iraq. More than 35 foreign hostages have been killed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3370047 - 11/16/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
First, not one woman has been executed by insurgents - nor have any children even been kidnapped as that alone is deplorable to the point it transcends cultural and political ideology....a major thing about Islam is that it establishes dignity to people. At least try to understand remotely that some people on this planet won't tolerate being walked over by people who don't even speak their language and show no respect for their culture.

So much for his assessment.

She was the wife of an Iraqi too. Had spent a great deal of her life trying to help Iraqi's. Obviously she had a great deal of respect for the culture...maybe they murdered her because she didn't speak the language?

I guess the Chechen children didn't count either.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3370085 - 11/16/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I guess he doesnt feel the need to respond to this. Not even a "oh but the US killed people too". Its just sick. Could you imagine what would happen if America televised the brutal execution of an innocent Iraqi woman? I cant believe there is no outrage over this...just sick.

--------------------
:egyptian:

Anonymous

#3370347 - 11/16/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

margaret hassan, director of CARE international in iraq. head hacked off by iraqi 'freedom fighters'.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: Catalysis]
    #3370354 - 11/16/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Could you imagine what would happen if America televised the brutal execution of an innocent Iraqi woman? I cant believe there is no outrage over this...just sick.

There's a lot of people on this site that are hypocrites, they tend to trounce the US anytime they can.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3370969 - 11/16/04 07:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

USA kills a lot of people. Only, they don't have the balls to put it on TV.

Once in a while, something like the latest alleged war crime/certain act of depravity gets smuggled out.

Somehow, it's still only the Muslims that are the sick ones. Talk about hypocrisy.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Anonymous

Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: carbonhoots]
    #3371000 - 11/16/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

when was the last time that the US intentionally killed an aid worker?

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#3371014 - 11/16/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

carbonhoots said:
USA kills a lot of people. Only, they don't have the balls to put it on TV.

Once in a while, something like the latest alleged war crime/certain act of depravity gets smuggled out.

Somehow, it's still only the Muslims that are the sick ones. Talk about hypocrisy.

The balls to put it on tv? What is that supposed to mean?

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #3371028 - 11/16/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It would seem that Muslims have a greater interest in making snuff films than any other group, disproportionately to the murders that they commit. They also seem to target the innocent in warfare disproportionately when compared to westerners.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: ]
    #3371165 - 11/16/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Amongst the many, many civilian deaths that have occured because of US aggression, surley at least one of them were aid workers.

Not intentional? If the Iraqi resistance had the technology to bomb buildings with laser guided missiles without really knowing what is in them, maybe they could claim "we didn't mean it. It wasn't intentional."

The whole Iraq war is illegitimate anyways, and the USA just provoked the hell out some people there, and it should of been avoided. The motive for this horrible depraved murder was a reaction to US actions. Instead of 'fighting terror' which was one of the ridiculous reasons for going to war there, the USA gave terrorists more motivation. Much more.

I'm not saying they are right to kill an aid worker. The USA isn't right either for attacking Iraq and stirring up this violence.

The whole Iraq war is a sick, depraved act of madness. Who started it? USA. Did Iraq provoke it? No.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Anonymous

#3371185 - 11/16/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The whole Iraq war is a sick, depraved act of madness. Who started it?

that would be saddam hussein.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3372074 - 11/16/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
By Seif Fouad

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Margaret Hassan, a British aid worker kidnapped in Baghdad a month ago, has probably been killed, her Iraqi husband and British diplomats said on Tuesday after viewing a video apparently showing her being shot.

"I have been told that there is a video of Margaret which appears to show her murder," Tahsin Hassan told Reuters in Baghdad, adding he was not entirely sure of its authenticity.

"There is a tape that appears to show Margaret's murder," an official at the British embassy in Baghdad told Reuters, adding that it was "probably genuine."

Al Jazeera television said it had received a video tape which appeared to show a gunman shooting her.

Tahsin Hassan appealed to the kidnappers to return his wife's body for burial if indeed they had killed her.

"I want to know if she is alive or dead. If she's dead I want to know where she is so I can bury her in peace," he said, stressing her dedication to her adoptive land.

"Margaret lived with me for more than 30 years in Iraq (news - web sites) and dedicated her life to serving the Iraqi people."

Dublin-born Margaret Hassan, who has joint British and Iraqi nationality, was seized on Oct. 19 while on her way to work at Care International, for which she was Iraq country director.

Hassan had appeared in video tapes released by her unknown captors calling on the British government to withdraw its troops from Iraq. At one stage, her captors threatened to hand her over to a group led by al Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi if Britain did not pull out its troops within 48 hours.

But earlier this month, Zarqawi's group posted a message on an Islamic Web site urging Hassan's captors to free her unless she were proven to be a spy.

It remained unclear who had been holding the aid worker most recently.

Few foreign women have been taken hostage in Iraq. Last month, Zarqawi's group beheaded British engineer Kenneth Bigley after London refused to withdraw its forces.

Militants have waged a campaign of kidnappings and killings to try to force U.S.-led troops and foreigners to leave Iraq. More than 35 foreign hostages have been killed.

And a tremendous outcry from the Arab world........NOT.

Oh, but we have a confused soldier shooting a wounded terrorist! Such an injustice.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3372277 - 11/17/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

head hacked off .

She was shot.

by iraqi 'freedom fighters'

You have no idea who they were. Seeing as even al-zarqawi denounced them it's likely they were criminals with no connection whatsoever to "freedom fighters".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3372282 - 11/17/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

And Poland started WW2.. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3372560 - 11/17/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The Resistance leader in Iraq wanted Hassan released. Whoever killed Hassan were likely criminal offshoots pushed over the edge by the Falluja invasion.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3372562 - 11/17/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

You can't invade your own country.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3372568 - 11/17/04 01:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
Quote:

zahudulallah said:
First, not one woman has been executed by insurgents - nor have any children even been kidnapped as that alone is deplorable to the point it transcends cultural and political ideology....a major thing about Islam is that it establishes dignity to people. At least try to understand remotely that some people on this planet won't tolerate being walked over by people who don't even speak their language and show no respect for their culture.

So much for his assessment.

She was the wife of an Iraqi too. Had spent a great deal of her life trying to help Iraqi's. Obviously she had a great deal of respect for the culture...maybe they murdered her because she didn't speak the language?

I guess the Chechen children didn't count either.

Quit stalking me. It's kinda creepy. And unless Abu Musab takes responsibility for this, the resistance leadership can't be blamed.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3372575 - 11/17/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quit being a hater.

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3372994 - 11/17/04 06:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ah, so these people that murdered her can't be called insurgents?  The leadership must have blessed - and admitted guilt for   - the killing for us to legitimately blaim them?  What shall we call these varmin then....Muslim terrorists?

But, OK then.  So much for blaiming  anyone but the solidiers for Abu Ghraib.  Which is still relatively mild compared with beheadings and shootings. 

And stalking you?  :confused: 

It's just very confusing business trying to figure out who we can blaim for what may or may not have been justified.  Since you like to take strong positions upholding the Islamist's right to terrorize, your the most logical target in my quest to understand. 

So is it your position now that these Iraqis that murder Hassan and the Chechens that slaughtered the school children are your everyday run of the mill terrorist who kill people unjustly?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Anonymous

Re: Video May Show Iraq Aid Worker Killed -Husband [Re: Xlea321]
    #3373081 - 11/17/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

And Poland started WW2..

no, hitler invaded poland unprovoked, much like hussein invaded kuwait unprovoked.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale