Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Tripping and Animals--Relations?
    #3368830 - 11/16/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I recently saw a post where someone said how tripping with animals can be an experiance. And from my experiances, yes it is and Id like to know why!

EVERY time I trip, I come across all sorts of animals. Cats, dogs, snakes, tarantulas, whatever. Even some of them being wild.

For example, the one time I was having a great time and noticed my friend had a pet snake, but I wasnt allowed to touch it because it "didnt like people". So while my bud was out I reached into the aquarium and pulled out this 4 foot long snake. I held that snake for about 20 minutes. It didnt even resist when I picked it up. My fun all ended when he came home and saw it curled around my hands and arm, snuggled up so tight. Immediatly he said that when it curls like that its getting angry, and took it away, but when he reached for it it bit at him.

I also had a cat that did not like humans at all. It was always hiding and wanting to leave the house. One night I dosed and when I was at the peak of my trip he came into my room and layed beside me. I cant explain what I saw from this experiance, as I do not remember, but IT WAS WEIRD. It was like I was communicating with the animal, through my mind.

If got more stories but you are all probably thinking im different, so ill stop there. But yea please share experiances!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: balls]
    #3369076 - 11/16/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Don't worry about being different, that's something to strive for friend! Personally, i think it's just your altered consciousness that thinks there is some sort of relation to animals. I've had similar experiences with cats and dogs when tripping. When i eat mushrooms and pet my dogs, they seem to love it like crazy, way more than usual. After smoking DMT, they seem to be even more ecstatic for some reason. Only thing i can come up with, is it's just me tripping and they aren't acting very differently. Or maybe they're acting differently because you are, you're changing the setting for them.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Offlineballs
thats right
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3369354 - 11/16/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yea now it all makes sence. I find that every animal seems to like me more if I do mushrooms, as mushrooms make the prejeduce in me go away, it seems so for the animals too! Thanks alot man.

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
    #3369861 - 11/16/04 06:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

haha, thats funny about the snake biting ur friend.

ive never tripped with animals (domesticated 1's at least), but i could attempt to imagine how you might believe you can communicate with them while tripping. All of my trips have been outside, either on my roof looking at clouds and the surrounding city, or way off in the country in the woods.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #3370132 - 11/16/04 07:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've had similar experiences with my cat. He just seems to know when I am tripping, and gets in the mood and plays around with me. I think it's because animals are very responsive to your eyes or something.... or it's what they look at when they look at you. When they notice you wide eyed and pupiled, hmm I don't know it must make them more at ease or something?

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: adamj]
    #3371229 - 11/16/04 10:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I was talking about this with my buddy and he says that the sweat you exude while tripping emits a destinct odor, because of the way your body processes mushrooms. Animals with sensitive noses love pungent odors. For exapmple my cat loves to pass out with her face in my shoe, or on the strap of my backpack. Maybe the smell gives them a buzz...

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3371296 - 11/16/04 10:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have three dogs, the one I'm closest with seems to be the most inteligent from what I can gather through observation. This dog always seems to want more attention and to be with me more when I'm in an altered state. She knows when I'm high or tripping. Some skeptics will tell you this and that about you fathoming it. However, I've lived with this dog for the past 10 years, I know how it behaves, and it most defintily behaves differently when I'm high, and different yet again when I'm tripping. She comes over, sniffs me, jumps up on the bed or couch and just lays her head on my lap as if to say, "You're tripping I know, it's all good, relax and go with it." She doesn't get up in my face like she normally would, she gives me my space and seems to be trying to console me in some way. This is all speculation on my part about the meaning of the way she acts when I'm in altered states, but the fact of the matter is that she does indeed act differently when I am tripping. As for the other two dogs, they both seem to be dumb and just enjoy chasing a ball or wrestling with eachother no matter what state I'm in.

edited out the word "imaginating" haha...don't know what I was thinking there.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Edited by sublime40oz (11/17/04 12:11 AM)

Offlineballs
thats right
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3371518 - 11/16/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What you just said is almost exactly what happens to me. I just couldnt explain it that indepth I havent thought about it to much. But now that I realize better I want to see next time im tripping...

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
    #3372088 - 11/17/04 01:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't knock out the possibility, it just seemed the most logical (not that i'm a logical guy) answer to me. Maybe my dogs do respond differently to me when i'm tripping, i'll see what happens next time we're together while i'm on mushies (i don't trip in my house much, so...).

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Invisiblemadmush
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3372705 - 11/17/04 04:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I had a completely different experience when I tripped with my dog around. He definetely knew that something was different about me, animals can sense personality and behavioral changes (they don't know you're trippin.) So anyways this was my first time eatin shrooms so I was laughing uncontrollably and was acting pretty strange. My dog realized this change and did not like it. He was scared of me and when I tried to pet him he would cower and back away. I didn't like it because it made me feel guilty and believe that I was doing something wrong. Since I didn't want to have a bad trip I tried staying away from my dog for the rest of the night, and won't trip around him again.

OfflineBrilliantWhite
Educated WhiteMan
Male

Loc: A little to the left
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: madmush]
    #3373668 - 11/17/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have tripped around the most exotic animals...    no joust.

Lions, Tigers, Bears, African fishing cats, you name it.
I do believe there is some kind of bond between animals and shrooms, its like an all natural tribal sort of thing.

I'm lucky I live in a town with such a sweet zoo. :grin:

--------------------
Who built the la-la-love?

listen to Portugal. The man

www.myspace.com/portugaltheman

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: madmush]
    #3373926 - 11/17/04 02:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

unfortantly i have never had the opertunity to trip with my dog :-(...one day I will but as of yet it just hasent happened for some reason....a funny story though

Several friends of mine were doing some acid, well towards the end of the night one of my friends desided she would like to head in. She at the time had an almost brand new puppy (maybe 10 weeks). Not being in the right minds and her not having a cell phone we were unable to tell her that acid is excreated in your sweet. Well anyways she got back home and the dog happy to see her as always began licking her, you know the normal puppy thing. Dog ended up tripping all night, said it got anoying towards the end of the evening but it was still funny. The dog lived and everything, but is not quite right in the head. The question is is it because of the acid or the owner? We will never know but still a funny animal story.

--------------------
the jent

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: jent]
    #3374354 - 11/17/04 03:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I really do think my pets can tell i am tripping, if its true, cool, if not, i dont really care. They do act different and its almost as if they are tellin me: "its all good, go for the gold"... haha. Tripping with my three dogs makes the trip a lot more fun.

InvisibleDHJH
Lurker

Loc: On a mountain
Re: Tripping and Animals--Relations? [Re: druqks46]
    #3382887 - 11/19/04 05:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My cat is pretty routine, when the wife and I go to bed, he climbs with us. When we lay on the couch and watch T.V., he does his own thing. When we lay on the couch, not moving, listening to Floyd, he freaks the fuck out. Every single time we shroom, he freaks out while we are peaking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience