Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJoops
Stranger
how to delay a fully colonized cake? Fridge or keep in dark?
    #3367474 - 11/16/04 04:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have a fully colonized mycobag that is ready to initiate pinning with, and has been ready for a week. I want to delay this bag. I have a second bag that is 75% colonized and I want to fruit both bags at the same time. I am leaving the island friday-sunday and want to initiate pinning on both bags when I return.

Whats the best way to preserve the first bag thats completely colonized so that I can keep it on track with the 2nd bag? I've simply been keeping it in the dark as of now. Will leaving it in the dark be enough to prevent the bag from going off track in any way (considering its completely colonized and ready to go)? Would fridging the bag while I am gone be a better idea?

Whats the best idea for this bag so that I can pin both bags at the same time when I return Sunday/Monday?

Mahalo

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: how to delay a fully colonized cake? Fridge or keep in dark? [Re: Joops]
    #3367525 - 11/16/04 04:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Leaving it in the dark is good, dont cold shock them, that will initiate pinning, if anything the bags are gonna fruit invitro :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

Re: how to delay a fully colonized cake? Fridge or keep in dark? [Re: aussieone]
    #3367535 - 11/16/04 05:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm id have to disagree I think leaving it in the fridge would bethe better idea. I mean arent grain jars stored in the fridge to be used for g2g later on?? Mabey im wrong though. But i could of sworn that i read that grain jars were kept in the fridge as a method of storage.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation