Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekid_unknown
kid unknown
stalled growth
    #3336890 - 11/09/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hello about 7 weeks ago i went shopping for rice flour but had no luck, i don't have a coffee grinder so i thought i would try 100% organic puffed brown rice as it would be easier for me to grind, any way i made cakes 25% flour 50% verm and 25% water, then i used fractual tek to sterilize, and injected spores.

about 7 days later a saw growth, and within about 2 weeks it was completely covered but it has gaps everywhere with like roots joining all the fluffy bits, i thought if i waited it would eventually cover but after about another 4 weeks it not changed much if any, i think they have run out of nutrients. i was just wondering if i could avoid binning them by maybe making a casing from them, i have new batch ready for spores tomorrow but if i can help the old ones i would like to try, nothing to lose. here is a pic from last week, they haven't changed much

thanks bri

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: stalled growth [Re: kid_unknown]
    #3336906 - 11/09/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Casing them is a bad idea. Uncolonized substrate + moisture and good growth conditions = contaminates.

I really don't know what to tell you to do with that. Maybe someone else has an idea?

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: stalled growth [Re: kid_unknown]
    #3336916 - 11/09/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if it's free of contams it should be ok to crumble and case. I always reccomend letting the fetus come to terms before birthing, but if you're making a casing you can get away with it. Just make sure there's no nasty smells when you open that fella.

SM

--------------------

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: stalled growth [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3336920 - 11/09/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I know that primarilly your issue here is a very compacted substrate, so much so it appears that your mycelium cant colonize it. Although I agree with zero about the contamination issue I would cut out the uncolonized part of the substrate completely with a heat sterilized knife cooled with rubbing alcohol. Crumble the fully colonized parts and case them per usuale. You have nothing to lose if you are pondering ditching the entire incubation. Just my two cents.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: stalled growth [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3336940 - 11/09/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

call_me_kido said:
I know that primarilly your issue here is a very compacted substrate, so much so it appears that your mycelium cant colonize it. Although I agree with zero about the contamination issue I would cut out the uncolonized part of the substrate completely with a heat sterilized knife cooled with rubbing alcohol. Crumble the fully colonized parts and case them per usuale. You have nothing to lose if you are pondering ditching the entire incubation. Just my two cents.

Kido

:thumbup: Do all that with a glove box or flow hood and you should be lookin pretty.

SM

--------------------

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: stalled growth [Re: simplemachine]
    #3337212 - 11/09/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if i had a glove box i'd probably try that. :smile:

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: stalled growth [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3337232 - 11/09/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So make one! Check out the GB teks on nansnook. 20 minutes and 10 bucks can really improve your odds.

http://www.thenook.org/index2.html

--------------------

Offlinekid_unknown
kid unknown
Re: stalled growth [Re: simplemachine]
    #3350802 - 11/12/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

just looked at my jars today, still see bits of verm but i have 1" mushrooms growing in jars what do i do

--------------------
Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. ~Cree Indian Proverb

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags