Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
about fed up with this cd burner
    #3324019 -

Ok so on my friend's computer.. we're trying to burn a bunch of CDs but it's not working..

It's a (shitty) HP pavilion 7845 - Pentium3, 148mb RAM.. Windows ME...
The CD burner is an LG CED8080b .. came with the computer.. an HP Cd writer plus

Anyway, apparently the cd burner worked fine a couple months ago until someone messed with the computer. Now it's not working..

It will read/play normal cds.. audio cds show up and play just fine in it.. however when you stick in a blank CDr nothing will show up.. it will say please insert a disc into M: drive ... I've tried three types of blank media and still get the same thing... same deal when you try to burn with nero or adaptec.. will not recognize the media.. says please insert a blank disc

Under my computer, the burner drive just shows up as (CDROM drive).. when it should be showing up as a burner?  :confused:

Per someone's suggestion I have tried installing and reinstalling the proper ASPI layers/drivers.. whatever.. to no avail. I have tried at least four different ones several times.

I even tried to install windows XP - no such luck. I don't think this machine can handle it.

So my question is... is the burner fucked? or is it probably something like the ACPI layers or some kind of weird error... I'd really like to get this fixed ASAP.. any help is appreciated


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: about fed up with this cd burner [Re: Shroomism]
    #3324490 -

are you using the correct media?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: about fed up with this cd burner [Re: Vvellum]
    #3324717 -

yep...but somehow I just got XP installed.. I'm trying to burn now but for some reason Nero wont accept mp3 as a valid files format :confused: I'm going to try and reinstall it and see if it works


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: about fed up with this cd burner [Re: Shroomism]
    #3324853 -

no dice.. still not working :frown:

I've tried three kinds of CDR media... blah.. Nero says CD/r or CD/rw.. wtf?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: about fed up with this cd burner [Re: Shroomism]
    #3324891 -

umm, what kind of media are you using? what does the burner require?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: about fed up with this cd burner [Re: Vvellum]
    #3324963 -

I dont know what two of the media names are.. generic I think... but one is memorex black CD-R, its worked before on several computers no problem.. I don't know what the burner requires.. how do I find out? It's an LG CD-RW CED8080b


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: about fed up with this cd burner [Re: Shroomism]
    #3327375 -

I had a similar prob with a dvd burner. Try this.

Go to "Add remove Hardware" and remove the CDR burner.
After you remove it power down computer.
Unplug the CDR plugs (data and power).
Power up computer and check that it is gone. (It will be)
Clean system registry, Reg clean, System mechanic, etc.
Power down computer.
Hook up CDR again
Power up computer
Follow "Found new Hardware" prompts and/or intstall the CDRs drivers.
Power down computer and reboot.
Should work ok. If not... CDR could be at fault.

This worked for me, hope it helps.
:cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* adding a cd burner to my computer.... agoutihead 790 4 01/19/07 05:00 PM
by drtyfrnk
* Decent brand of DVD burner? zee_werp 1,041 5 10/30/05 05:05 PM
by kindadank
* My computer suddenly sounds like a cheap motorbike when it's burning CDs... *DELETED* blackegg 475 2 03/07/08 06:51 AM
by GoodbyeOrb
* whats the trick to getting cd/dvd roms out of their bays??? agoutihead 998 17 07/10/07 09:18 PM
by maggotz
* CD-RW not burning at full speed daussaulit 1,156 12 06/18/05 11:14 PM
by azurescens
* Boot from Atapi Cd-rom: Failure... Mojo_Risin 2,348 5 12/15/03 05:47 PM
by Granola
* . z_x_x_z 647 4 01/15/05 04:49 PM
by baraka
* does anyone here have a DVD burner?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,430 26 08/18/04 06:51 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
1,128 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.