Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Wal-Mart kicks ass!
    #3306068 - 11/01/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

First of all, Hi everyone! I'm new to this site (been viewing it about 2 weeks now) and it's a great place. I'll start by saying thank you to everyone for the wealth of information here.

Ok, now to the point of the post... I just got my spore syringes in the mail and headed off to wal-mart with a list of all the things I would need for cultivation. I went into the section between the lawn and garden dept and the pet food department and there on one isle was EVERYTHING on my list. Pressure cooker, Ball and Kerr jars, vermiculite, perlite, bird seed, terrariums etc. It REALLY freaked me out! I had a wave of mild paranoia come over me at first as I tried to figure out just why all of this was found on one single isle. It was as if and undeclared "shroomers department" was wedged there between pets and lawn and garden. The only thing I didnt find there was brown rice flour (which I picked up in the grocery dept).

Anyways, it was a really wierd experience as I thought I would have to shop all over the store (if not multiple stores) to find what I needed. Just thought I'd share my story and give props to my local wal-mart's stock-boys. They gotta be shroomers, haha.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3306087 - 11/01/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's a setup.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! *DELETED* [Re: funkymonk]
    #3306096 - 11/01/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: blink]
    #3306562 - 11/01/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm interesting but weird

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3306597 - 11/01/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I never thought about it, but I'll bet I can find that same aisle in my local Wal-Mart. Maybe when I look up there will be one of those informational signs above the aisle that reads "Aisle 69: Mushroom-growing supplies".

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlineelectioneering
vegan

Loc: vancouver, bc
    #3306601 - 11/01/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

walmart is a terrible place to go.
support your local businesses and establishments.

--------------------
i am a musician

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: electioneering]
    #3306764 - 11/01/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

electioneering said:

I really don't think that's fair. If Wal-Mart can supply all the things people need all in one aisle for a very reasonable price, then why not go to Wal-Mart?

Maybe the local businessmen should get into a different business instead of trying to sell general goods in the same area as a Wal-Mart? Sounds like a good idea to me..

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: freddurgan]
    #3306844 - 11/01/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ahhhh...the sweet sweet smell of a free market capitalist.

:innnnnnfffffffffffffff:

smells like....victory.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlineelectioneering
vegan

#3306848 - 11/01/04 09:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

before i reply, i would like you to clarify something:

are you saying that local businesses should willingly drop out when a walmart moves into town?

i ask this because very few small businesses spring up around existing walmarts. rather, when walmart comes along with all of its big corporate buddies, it tends to undercut the existing small businesses.

yes, all small business should just stop because bigger and more powerful chains should just move in and take over. we should give ourselves over to corporation.

i don't really want to get in a big argument about this, but it would be impossible for anyone to say (with a straight face) that walmart does no such thing. sure, their products are cheaper. that is because they purchase and sell hundreds of thousands of items. with that much inventory they can afford to sell their product with an incredibly low mark up (3-10%) and still garnish a huge profit (also from the fact that they refuse to pay their women the same rate as men). your local store cannot do this. when you buy a product, a lot of the price goes towards keeping the lights on and paying the rent. buying from large chain stores means selling out your own local economy.

--------------------
i am a musician

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: funkymonk]
    #3306895 - 11/01/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

funkymonk said:
It's a setup.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: gdman]
    #3306929 - 11/01/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that Walmart has a sophisticated IT system that determines what products are purchased at the same time as other products, and then causes those products to be placed on nearby shelves.

If all the mushroom growing supplies are now in one isle, that just means that enough people are growing mushrooms now that a correlation has been built up in Walmarts database.

That said, pay cash of course.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3307057 - 11/01/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Walmart spies are everywhere, and their satellites beam mind control rays to all their customers! They know who you are and what you're doing.. :crazy2:

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3307065 - 11/01/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Walmart spies are everywhere, and their satellites beam mind control rays to all their customers! They know who you are and what you're doing.. :crazy2:

:shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#3307167 - 11/01/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

walmart would be the last place i buy my supplies from.

whats fair mate? A shitty corporation taking over all the share of the market, leaving the smaller firms to bankrupcy?

and your saying that when walmart comes, the others should have to leave? come on mate, dont be so self interested and materialistic. there are other things to think about. open your eyes.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinellamaherder
brother

Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3307178 - 11/01/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

wal-mart is love.

--------------------
the post above is completely fictional.

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3307293 - 11/01/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

electioneering said:

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Wal-Mart kicks ass! [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3307305 - 11/01/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

capitalism sounds good in principle, but it doesnt paint the whole picture.

competition theoretically drives up quality and drives cost down. which is good. but ultimately competition eliminates competition. and now we only have big corporations to turn to for our consumption choices. its not walmarts fault, they're just taking advantage of our wonderful capitalistic society... we need to change the system. i want local organic produce, not a fucking huge grocery store chain, etc.....

/end rant

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlineelectioneering
vegan

#3307347 - 11/01/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:

although the above statement might sound like paranoia, the cbc just ran a piece on how these corporations are tracking your spending habits and purchases and compiling them into databases. some of them actually share (ie. not sell, but "share for a fee") the information with other companies who can then market their goods to you.
some major chains do not share your information with other businesses, but places like safeway actually have clauses in their privacy agreements that allow them to share your information with any sort of governmental authority if there is any reason to suspect that what you are buying could be used for anything illegal.
that having been said, buy with cash and don't ever join a customer loyalty program (like a safeway club card or a shoppers optimum card) if you plan on buying anything which could be suspect (this could include lots of sandwich baggies, jars, soil, hydro equipment).

--------------------
i am a musician

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3307363 - 11/01/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not surprised at all. Also, credit/debit cards are too easy to trace, and even the banks sell information to third parties, I'm sure...

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3307417 - 11/01/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hehe, I didnt mention it in my first post (but seeing as I'm in the company of like minded paranoid persons I'll tell ya) I was not comfortable buying all the products right then and there. I only got the pressure cooker and bird seed. Put them in the car and then went back in and got the brown rice flour. Paid cash each time. Then, went to Lowes and got the vermiculite and perlite. Once again, paid in cash. I already had the canning jars and a suitable terrarium at home. I thought it was silly of me to go to these precautions but I take no risks in these areas.

As for where I do my shopping, well, Wal-Mart has been here for, uh, for as long as I can remember. All the small businesses are already gone. Besides, I'm new to all this, have never heard of some of these ingredients and didnt want any chatty smalltime store clerck asking what my purchases were for as I have no legit idea as to what I would have told them as it is nearly winter and not many people are doing any gardening right now :P

--------------------

Edited by 13eetleJuice (11/01/04 11:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom