Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Beer, cops, Wal Mart and dvds [Re: Vvellum]
    #4306495 - 06/17/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

However, I will say that I dont care what happened. The cubbies couldn't get it done. You watch the Sox this year. We will show you how a Chicago sports team gets it done.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Beer, cops, Wal Mart and dvds [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4306507 - 06/17/05 01:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Mets > Yankees > Red Sox :wink:

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4306509 - 06/17/05 01:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think if Alou would not have freaked out, things would have been fine - just like any other time a foul ball cannot be caught. Bartman was a scapegoat. Cubs fans do not blame Bartman - not out of some weirdo denial as you suggest, but because he did what any sane person would have done when a hard ball comes into the seats and flying at your face at 70 mph - you make alot of movement as you try to catch, deflect, or avoid it.

Cubs fans have forgiven and forgotten Steve Bartman, but like I have said, only Sox fans and ESPN bring that up.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4306520 - 06/17/05 01:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Deadmaker said:
However, I will say that I dont care what happened. The cubbies couldn't get it done. You watch the Sox this year. We will show you how a Chicago sports team gets it done.

Well, as a Chicago sports fan, I wish the Sox the best - although I do predict the Twins will catch up in the next 100 games.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4306535 - 06/17/05 01:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, I'm not saying any fan wouldnt have done that. I MIGHT have done that. However, Bartman did have on a pair of earphoines so he could not hear alou yelling for the ball. I would not be wearing earphones at a baseball game of that magnitude.

And a pop fly is not going at 70 mph. Sorry. Maybe a line drive, but that was definately no line drive. No offense, but that ball was not travelling that fast.

Regardless, I don't give a shit either way. They lost, Marlins won. Bottom Line. Excuses or no excuses. I think Bartman had a lot to do with it, but what does that matter now? That's right, it doesn't matter now. They couldn't perform in the clutch.

I'm telling you, watch the Sox and you will see a team perform in the clutch. Barring major injuries, we ARE the team to beat. There's no denying that.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4306542 - 06/17/05 01:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
Quote:

Deadmaker said:

Well, as a Chicago sports fan, I wish the Sox the best - although I do predict the Twins will catch up in the next 100 games.

It's possible, but with our pitching staff and our batting coming around the way it has been, I don't think so. Not this year. But, that is why they play the games. Y0ou can never be sure.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4306551 - 06/17/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Regardless, I don't give a shit either way. They lost, Marlins won. Bottom Line. Excuses or no excuses. I think Bartman had a lot to do with it, but what does that matter now? That's right, it doesn't matter now.

So, why even bring up Steve Bartman? I seem to recall you saying:

Quote:

Fuck those north side pieces of shit. STEVE BARTMAN IS THE MAN!!!!

You're contradicting yourself, son.

Quote:

I'm telling you, watch the Sox and you will see a team perform in the clutch.

...and be subjected to the Hawk and his annoying hillbilly talk? No thanks. Plus, I am no fairweather fan.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4306560 - 06/17/05 01:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How am I contradicting myself? Explain that to me?...Yeah, I said steve bartman is the man...and then I said that he had a lot to do with them losing that game. How the hell is that contradiction?. Do you need some fucking glasses or something?

The hawk is awesome man. I don't know how you cant like his commentary.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4306564 - 06/17/05 02:00 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, just so some mod doesnt freak out and fuck me in the ass, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I don't mean any harm by anything I say. It's just the way I talk.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4306601 - 06/17/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

We'll all fuck you in the ass and take turns. Don't worry about it.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Beer, cops, Wal Mart and dvds [Re: bukkake]
    #4306609 - 06/17/05 02:27 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, man, np as long as you lube up.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4306740 - 06/17/05 04:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Eh??

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4307217 - 06/17/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How are you contradicting yourself? See:

Quote:

STEVE BARTMAN IS THE MAN!!!!

Quote:

Bartman had a lot to do with it, but what does that matter now? That's right, it doesn't matter now.

If "it doesnt matter", then why bring it up? Oh, wait - you're a Sox fan. You guys have a chip on your shoulder.

Quote:

The hawk is awesome man. I don't know how you cant like his commentary.

I guess you did not visit the site I linked to.

Quote:

10 Reasons Why the Hawk Must Go:

1. Dead Air. ?The Hawk? is the most boring announcer in the game. He routinely goes 2-3 minutes without saying a single word, especially when the Sox are losing.

2. Lame stories. When he does decide to talk, Harrelson repeats the same old boring stories. He continuously talks about Carl Yastrzemski like he was the second coming of Christ. OK Ken, we get it.

3. Hick. "The Hawk" is not from Chicago. He didn't play for the Sox. Would Yankee fans want a native South Carolinian who sounds like Conway Twitty doing their broadcasts? Doubt it. We have a guy here who sounds like a backwoods hillbilly and has NO connection with the White Sox organization besides being GM for a year and screwing up the team. Why???

4. Homer. Other broadcasters are homers but ?The Hawk? is the worst. He calls the Sox the ?good guys,? and the opponents, ?bad guys.? Other broadcasters exhibit partiality but he is in a league of his own. He?s more cheerleader than broadcaster. Cardinals' announcer Mike Shannon is a homer too, but he grew up in St. Louis and played for the Cardinals. Different story. Again, Harrelson has no Chicago roots whatsoever.

5. Repetitive nature. See Hawkisms. He's been describing the events in a ballgame with the same stale catch phrases for more than 20 seasons. He is unoriginal and repetitive. The act is old.

6. GM Schmee-Em. Harrelson's .239 career batting average looks good compared to his run as Sox GM in 1986. He fired Tony LaRussa, the most successful manager in the game, over personal differences. He traded Bobby Bonilla for a pitching machine (Jose DeLeon). He almost single-handedly sent the team to Florida. How can any self-respecting Sox fan support "The Hawk?"

7. Because he sounds like this.

8. Because he used to play baseball with cow patties.

9. Because he's been a douche for quite some time now.

10. Because Jay Mariotti wants to clock him. Oh wait, Mariotti sucks too.

Ever wonder why the Sox have the best record in baseball, but yet no one cares and no one ever goes to Sox games? Ever wonder why Wrigley is always sold out and they have the one of the largest fanbases in all of baseball, despite having a losing record? There are reasons, you know.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order