Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Black spots & white specks on my San Pedro, should I do something?
    #3285482 - 10/27/04 06:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, I recently got a San Pedro and planted it in an indoor plastic pot. Here's two things I see on the cacti:

- There are small black spots on some parts of the cactus. They are about the size of a pea, and seem to be a discoloration.

- Almost an exact opposite, there are white "specks" which can be taken off by carefully scratching it off with a fingernail. This leaves a bit of a wet mark, although there isn't any damage to the catci (at least it doesn't look like it).

It seems rather tender, did I overwater it? Is there anything wrong with it, or am I like an overcocerned parent?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Black spots & white specks on my San Pedro, should I do something? [Re: Twirling]
    #3285499 - 10/27/04 06:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I get the black spots sometimes (though they are smaller than the size of a pea)

I think somebody referred to them as cactus freckles

--------------------

Offlinehydroguru
Stranger
Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: Black spots & white specks on my San Pedro, should I do something? [Re: blink]
    #3285512 - 10/27/04 06:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

the white spots are a type of scale . take a cottonball w/70%iso and scrub them off in bout a week do it again .

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Black spots & white specks on my San Pedro, should I do something? [Re: hydroguru]
    #3285533 - 10/27/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Excellent to hear. My cactus thanks both of you.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: Black spots & white specks on my San Pedro, should I do something? [Re: Twirling]
    #3291740 - 10/29/04 12:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

if the black spot multiply or get bigger you have a problem, otherwise it could be some sort of damage( no big deal), and if the white stuff if fluffy or cottony then its mealy bug, if they are more like white disks, it scale. either way rubbing alch. and a qtip. and check around the base of the catci the bugs tend to gather there and can do a good amount of damage.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden