Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Jalisco, A, or B?
    #3257986 - 10/20/04 10:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well, looking into getting some mexicana spores from SporeWorks.

Anyone here tried the mexi species?

Of course, seeing as I'm doing them to begin with, my main goal is sclerotia. However, prints are fairly expensive, and I'd like to make a few and save them away. Also, the few mushrooms that do fruit will be much appreciated. But my goal is not mushroom production as even a large jar won't produce an impressive yield (though it will produce a nice yield of sclerotia).

So, from what I've heard, Mex A is DEFINATELY the best sclerotia producer. B is much easier to produce fruit. Jalisco is the one I don't know much about.

So, keeping in mind that mainly I want sclerotia, but I need it not to be impossible (nearly impossible) to fruit, what do you suggest?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jalisco, A, or B? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3258452 - 10/21/04 12:02 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'd rule out B since you want mainly sclerotia. I havn't heard much on Jalisco. I believe Mexicana A is easier to fruit then Tamps but I'm not sure about Jalisco. I'd stick with either Jalisco or A..some people might have more info on fruiting them. This thread might also do better in advanced.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Jalisco, A, or B? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3258518 - 10/21/04 12:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, figured B wasn't the way to go. As for Tamps, I'll check them out one day, but atm mostly interested in mexi. I've read some good info by anno and workman and una and others on the fruiting of various strains. But, especially in the cases of these talented individuals, when its called 'easy', you must keep in mind that thats through their experienced eyes.

so, maybe I can simplify it to two smaller questions.

Do I have a chance in hell of fruiting A?

How is Jalisco sclerotia formation (with rye grass seed of course) and how does potency compare with A?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation