Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Drugs -- 25 years from now. 20? 10? 5? 1?
    #3207967 - 10/02/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to go optimistic here and say that the drug culture will be an educated one. People will know the risks. They will know the proper amount of dosages, and the effects. They will know all the "to-do's" and all the "not-to-do's".

LSD will still be underground and rare. :frown:
Mushroom spores will be illegal. But by the time this happens, there will be many, many people who supply the spores underground.
Salvia will be a legend, due to a huge interest boost around the year 2008. (much similar to the LSD explosion in the 60's)
Peyote will be practically extinct.
Marijuana will be legal in numerous countries (both modern and third-world), but never in the USA.

There will probably be numerous new drugs invented, but do you think they will compare to LSD and shrooms and such, the good ol drugs.

Edited by adamj (10/02/04 08:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs -- 25 years from now. [Re: adamj]
    #3208073 - 10/02/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i think 25 years is an awfully awfully long time compared to now, and do not think there will be an underground drug culture

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs -- 25 years from now. [Re: vampirism]
    #3208113 - 10/02/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well................

choose a year estimate and then make an assumption :smile:

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3208116 - 10/02/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ive come to the conclusion that drugs will be frowned upon even more in the not too distant future than they are now. Just look at the ever-growing popularity of the war on drugs.

Government propaganda and chicanery shall reign supreme.

I base all of this on a dream I had this afternoon, and Gattica.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Drugs -- 25 years from now. 20? 10? 5? 1? [Re: adamj]
    #3208129 - 10/02/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

25 years from now, mankind will be in space. In my mind, I'm already there...

Thanks to drugs! :laugh:

--------------------

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs -- 25 years from now. [Re: Pathos]
    #3208133 - 10/02/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

True. I'll point it out now -- anything can happen. The war on drugs could become more of an iron fist, or it could change drastically for the better (although not likely :frown:  )

I was watching the BBC LSD documentary today. Oh the irony, everyone back then thought their culture was on the right path to making humanity better. But that documentary taught me some stuff.
If I was alive back then, I would've for sure assumed that LSD was the future. Simple as that. But as stated in the documentary, in order for the "hippies/counter-culture" to live their life, they needed the current social system. In a nutshell, their culture and lifestyle was heavily dependant on the very social system they opposed. Irony my friends, irony. I still hope to try LSD one day.

BUT ANYWAYS, back to the main topic people!

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3208309 - 10/02/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i kinda liek your predictions. i really doubt the one about peyote though. i can mayeb see it being extrapated, but never extinct. there are too many people growing it, and i for one am growing it till i die. period.

mushrooms i can see having a big hit due to global warming. may be good for sime, but the ones up north i think will take a hit, hopefully they can adapt.

for the common ones here my guess, although an uneducated one.

weed-mostly legal except in states and i doubt australia.
mushrooms-same as you, but i think the colder loving species will take a hit in the wild.
cacti-i doubt much will change with them. but i wont be suprised if they boom in around 10 years due to the increase of growers.
opiates-i think will be about the same
salvia-i agree with you. now that people dont all think its bullshit, its probably going to boom quite quickly. but i doubt it will as much as lsd did. lets face it. its short and you cannot do ANYTHING but sit (or lay) while on it. at least lsd you can move usually.
i think that psychotria and caapi will et more popular, probably to the point that salvia is now.

i think the chem drugs are going to take a hit. easier to stop chem suppliers than plant growers imo.

no matter what happens i personally think that canadas stance on drugs is a decent one when you compare it to down south. The thing that hits me is the weed=illegal alcohol=legal (and is sold to us by our government). i doubt things like heroin coke meth e will ever be legal. personally i think that some things are better to not be legal, but then wheres the freedom? i go tmixed feelings, but ultimatly i think you should be able to put anythign in YOUR body as long as it cant leech out and harm other living beings.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Drugs -- 25 years from now. 20? 10? 5? 1? [Re: Papaver]
    #3208314 - 10/02/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Papaver said:
25 years from now, mankind will be in space. D

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: Drugs -- 25 years from now. 20? 10? 5? 1? [Re: adamj]
    #3208461 - 10/02/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Peyote will only be extinct in the countries its native to.

Edited by F0SS1L (10/02/04 10:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags