Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Tacos

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

When you use drugs, do you.....
    #2228433 - 01/08/04 03:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

get off on the fact that it's nothing like the goverment/some health agencies say it is? I know some people are almost obessed on it, but it's gotta be one of the funniest things when high.  Where are the kids that fall into the pool? Why I am not picking up guns that just happen to be loaded and not shooting my friends? Shouldn't I be pregnant? Why am I not running over kids at Taco Bell? "All" that happens is I'm at peace with the world and myself, I logically figure out my problems that I'm facing, meditate and completly shatter my old thelogly with a new one, create wonderful music, and laugh at simple everyday things that people do that make no sense.

And the other half of it is other people's reaction to the topic of drugs. Some people look down on it so much that you can't even discuss it, unless it's alcohol of course. So many misconceptions about it.

Drugs are my anti-anti-drug.  :stash:

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Loc: North East
Re: When you use drugs, do you..... [Re: Twirling]
    #2228639 - 01/08/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Amen dude,
and their is scientific evidence that shows that when you do repeated coordinated excersises while under the influence, you will be able to do it better when your under the influence. for example, if you always play hacky-sack when your high, then you will have better motor skills with that function then when you are not high. i believe it's called substance cognitions.

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: When you use drugs, do you..... [Re: Aton]
    #2228650 - 01/08/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

screw anti-drugs, government advertising is my pro-drug! its like it says in my sig!

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2228721 - 01/08/04 05:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Aton said:
Amen dude,
and their is scientific evidence that shows that when you do repeated coordinated excersises while under the influence, you will be able to do it better when your under the influence. for example, if you always play hacky-sack when your high, then you will have better motor skills with that function then when you are not high. i believe it's called substance cognitions.

Yeah, I've read about that. There is also something about learning/studying while high and then taking a test while high. State dependant learning? I don't remember. Anyway, it's funny how drugs get this rep. as making people stupid, yet I've known so many people who have had life-changing moments of insight from them (myself included).

Quote:

YarryShroomer said:
screw anti-drugs, government advertising is my pro-drug! its like it says in my sig!

hehe, whenever I see those commericals I want to spark one up, just to contradict the them.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineDrWho
TimeLord

Loc: nth ring
    #2228827 - 01/08/04 05:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

people do get kilt all the time...
there are dumb azzes who shouldnt do jack let alone take niquil...

add substance to a shakie mind, & you will see tragedy..
though that imho is a part of nature, even though it is preventable

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: When you use drugs, do you..... [Re: DrWho]
    #2228849 - 01/08/04 06:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yeah, there is no doubt a dark side to drug use. I've had a bit of problems myself, so I'm not glorfying them. Just that there are so many misconceptions that it's humorous.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: When you use drugs, do you..... [Re: DrWho]
    #2228905 - 01/08/04 06:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

People get slain by their own stupidity high or not. The government for years did not care if you smoked cigarettes and died.

Only recently, did they start "caring about you" in regards to cigarette smoking. And that was when the government figured out that it was costing a lot of money to give medical treatment through medicare and medicaid to sick cigarette smokers.

Drugs tend to make you able to percieve such hypocrisy and lies, and that is why illogical arguments against drugs are installed in people through their propoganda machine.

They tend to install illogical assumptions on the most fundimental levels, and then build upon them in several layers, so that to "convert" someone so thoroughly brainwashed back to the truth is extremely difficult.

You have to tear out these basic mis-assumptions, such as:

"What the government says is true."
"What seems real IS real."
"You should not WAN'T to get high"

...before you can attack the more specific mis-information, like:

"smoking pot kills brain cells."
"pot makes you stupid."
"only "losers" smoke pot."
"drugs cause crime"

etc. etc. etc.

OR, alternatively, just turn someone on and let the drugs work their deprogramming magic within them.

That's what scares the government and makes them spend millions and billions to try to stop the inevitable.

The government is a disease, and drugs are the cure.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: When you use drugs, do you..... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2228914 - 01/08/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That was freakin' beautiful... :wink:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2229056 - 01/08/04 07:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you. Yes, what makes it so humorous to watch anti-drug commercials while high, is that even the propaganda specifically designed to be against drugs is rendered useless through drug use.

For me it's funny because it is ludicrous, but it's also very sickening to me that mankind as a whole is being treated this way...

I'm looking for a cataclysmic breakdown in the system within the next 10, maybe 20 years. The truth WILL win in the end, whether they battle it tooth and nail, or lighten up voluntarally makes no difference.

Knowing this, they should let nature take it's course and save everyone all this inconvenience, but you can bet that they won't.

They remind me of someone playing chess who refuses to tip their king over even when down to a king and a bishop against a queen, 2 rooks, and a knight.

They will fight until defeated, so be it for them, but they SHALL be defeated. No one can fight nature and win, for it is nature itself which sustains them. This is going to be a very painful lesson for them to learn, but learn it they shall.

/me steps down off soapbox.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2229381 - 01/08/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:

hehe, whenever I see those commericals I want to spark one up, just to contradict the them.

haha yea, most of the time all the shit they say gives kids more curiousity...there probably would be so many less problems if everyone didn't make such a deal and over exagerate everything.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Anonymous

#2229845 - 01/09/04 12:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Aton said:
Amen dude,

I notice that when I play my guitar. if I learn something while stoned, I can play it better sober. :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Tacos

Community >> The Pub