Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Mycelium or cobweb
    #3206092 - 10/02/04 07:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm finding myself spend an enormous amount of time here, and I'm looking at pictures of jars after jars. The mycelium in my jars seem a bit different. They are very thin but covers a large area. I remember seeing a thread talking about this but with much more aggressive strain. Anyways, these jars have GT in them and cover about half of the glass surface. Very very thin like sheer underwear thin. They are spreading very very fast, though. I'm on my 3rd day and I can literally see them grow by the hour.

I remember you guys saying cobweb can take over in 2 days? I can see that happening with these jars. Anyways, should I be worried? Should I post pics? How would I tell after few days? Should I take it out of TnT and out of the ideal growth temp to see if this is cobweb?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Mycelium or cobweb [Re: Sam1912]
    #3206097 - 10/02/04 07:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The growing speed depends on how well you are heating them. I had a jar contmd with cobweb but the jars wernt very warm so it took forever for it to grow. How are you heating your jars?

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

-----Enter the craze untill you have seen!-----

--------------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Mycelium or cobweb [Re: Leukoism]
    #3206108 - 10/02/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Damn.. not very good.. It's so thin it's hard to tell if gray or white.

I'm heating using Tub in Tub at 83-84.5. Very large plastic tubs with 200W heater sitting on a towel on the bottom. Jars are sitting inside large tupperware floating on top held fast with some shoestrings tied to outside. Two different strains in two different tubs. All the GT jars are basically affected this way but burma strain seems to follow textbook pictures.

Should I toss and start over or wait?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineganeshaa
journeyman
Male

Loc: Further East
    #3206131 - 10/02/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i suggest u make an outdoor patch with them!!
i had a jar with myc as well as cobweb and i put it in an outdoor patch using a mix of coir and potting soil and i remember just moving away a little of the soil and i saw there wasnt no more cobweb and only thick strong myc !! hopefully ill get a few good fruits from there very soon !! :smile:

best of luck !! if u find out for sure tht its cobweb and u can see a little bit of myc as well i suggest u do this!!

thts provided the weathers allright :thumbup: cheers

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3206133 - 10/02/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ah! NM. I'll just let it sit there for few days. It's way past my bedtime anyways. Thanks for the help.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

#3206697 - 10/02/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Mycelium in the early stages is not the very stringy rhizomorphic growth that can be seen in some pictures. To begin with it can be thin and wispy, but should eventually become stronger.

The biggest indicator you have is color. If the fungus is a healthy white you should be ok, if it's a dull white or gray you're probably going to have issues.

Good luck.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds