Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMalkoth
Stalking Butler

Re: combatting cobweb invitro
    #299191 - 04/22/01 10:43 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno, i think it was some kind of mold because i had the same problem. i first noticed the stuff growing nowhere near where i innoculated the jars. then i noticed that several of my jars that hadnt been inoculated had the same growth. at first it can be mistaken for mycelium but it never gets realy white and thick like what you are looking for, it just kinda spreads. i have no idea how to combat it in vitro, i just threw out my jars and restarted making sure i was a sterile son of a bitch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshizifty
enthusiast
Loc: tdot
Re: combatting cobweb invitro [Re: Malkoth]
    #300579 - 04/24/01 01:44 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Yup malkoth that was it. These jars were taking off at a snails pace the other jars were quickly colonizing- all jars done at same time/substrate formulation. The strands appear different from mycelium. Cobweb appears more "sharp" like long glass hairs, also ive noticed a weird way the hairs reflect light. this may be debatable but there are differences in appearance.
the cobweb was seen growing all thru the verm layer. I say its a bad sign to see no white in the jar and white when you crack the lid. :)
so an update, the web came back in one of the jars which was cleaned again in same fashon it is now recovering nicely. the other jar looks beautiful and i notice the mycelium is colonizing upwards from the bottom. Any other good ways to fight cobweb or is everyone just chucking the jars out?

------------------------------------------------
packed my bags and took a trip to reality

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
creatures of the forest sing along with my chorus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order