Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: gooking69]
    #3144511 -

ahh, that explains a lot :wink:

sorry if I came off a little harsh, I just tend to get kind of irked when people with no post history come in and start making claims like that when no one else is finding stuff and then don't back it up with pics or anything.  wont be much longer and everyone will be finding them but I think it's still a bit early :smile:, peace

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: spores]
    #3144661 -

DH said:
ahh, that explains a lot :wink:

DH



:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: @cro]
    #3144786 -

*shrugs*
np i would be a little bugged to if some newb dude did that and then said he knew what he was doing but again i have no idea.
the only reson i didint put pics up is cause my memory card reader for my digi cam is missing.


--------------------
Know your Mushrooms Posion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: gooking69]
    #3145005 -

are there alot of cyanescens look-alikes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3145050 -

Hey Psilocybeingzz, sounds like you know what you're doing.

I also live in Vancouver, and am heading out for my very first mushroom hunt on Sunday.  I was thinking of going for a hike in Mount Seymour provincial park.  Good idea/bad idea?  Have any tips regarding what sort of areas to look in, around what sorts of vegetation, etc?

Any help would be much appreciated  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: ShroomAcolyte]
    #3145297 -

To tell you the truth the only psychoactive mushrooms I  found in the  forests are anitmita muscaria.
(and pan subbtaleus(spelling) ..when I was to young to realize what it was)

All the psychoactives I have found, have been on lawns, and even the p.scriptipes I found that were coming out of the roots on a dead tree(i think),were on a LAWN. :wink:

Stunziis and beaos , on lawns that were I found them.

" Mount Seymour provincial park. Good idea/bad idea?"

I dont know where that is :wink: , but anywhere you can find dense forest , I would go there, if not for actives , for edibles, because I think you will find more psychoactive mushrooms in peoples front yards, etc, look for sod grass, and look for bark mulch(cyans....although I have never found any cyans :crying: )

I live close to golden ears (the mountain and park, maple ridge) so I really cant say about seymour, but I plan to go wandering everywhere tomorrow, forests ,pasture lands, subburbs(lawns :wink: )

I hope I can get a camera soon so I can share my myco adventures. :thumbup:

p.s. little farming communites kick ass, I plan to raid langley later this year  :thumbup:  :laugh:


--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/16/04 07:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3145373 -

Thanks for all the info and tips, Psilocybeingzz, it's very much appreciated.

Mount Seymour is in North Van.  Rains all the time.  I'm not so sure I'll go there now.  Maybe I'll go walking in the parks and suburbs :wink:

Raiding Langley sounds like a good idea :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: ShroomAcolyte]
    #3146054 -

all I can say is.....Wood chips, Wood chips  and more Wood chips  :smile: look for the light colored wood chips (alder) the more decayed looking the better!

Happy Hunting  :mushroom2:


Edited by Seattle_guy (09/16/04 10:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: Seattle_guy]
    #3146107 -

If you raid Langley you have to take me - this is mah turf  :tongue:


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: Wysefool]
    #3151810 -

So no one has found any Cyan's or baeo's yet? Would it be worth my time looking for some Liberty Caps yet?


keep it EZ-

swazy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: swazey]
    #3152013 -

About three to four weeks or more for the cyans and yes there are liberty caps growing as well as bblue ringers and baeos.

Sooner or later you might just find some.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3159832 -

there are patches in seattle that start fruiting at the end of this week like clockwork. I have found nice cyans there on my birthday (the 25th) every year for the past 4 seasons now. seattle pops about a week or 2 before the boom hits here in bellingham. last season I made it down on oct 3rd, and the first flush was rotting already and new pins were coming up. cool patch. lots of shade, native shrubbery and sprinklers. nice. you can bet, though, that by the end of the 2nd week in oct the flushes should be going off everywhere from bham to til;lamook.


--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: azurescen]
    #3160889 -

I'm in bellingham now..  :cool:
But my advice about seattle still applies

:tongue:  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:  :smirk:


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: Great Scott]
    #3161349 -

Can someone post a picture of a Seattle Blue Ringer? Ive been hunting for 7 years, but only ever run across Cyan's. 4 years ago I found a patch of Cyan's that yielded 4 30 gallon garbage bags full!

2 years later they sprayed it with some chemical and they dont grow there anymore.

Can't wait for the season to start!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: secretmachine]
    #3163244 -

I found a couple Psilocybe Cyanescens already popping up in my backyard in snohomish. And i'v seen them starting to pop up in some of the trails around my house.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: PianoKeyMurder]
    #3163253 -

we want proof (pics/scans etc.)

it's not that I don't believe you, but well... I don't believe you :tongue: :wink:

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please *DELETED* [Re: secretmachine]
    #3163259 -

Post deleted by PianoKeyMurder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: PianoKeyMurder]
    #3163262 -

no pictures there

:confused:

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: PianoKeyMurder]
    #3163269 -

funny, the link to the pic buried in that longass URL you posted (http://www.thehawkseye.com/pcyan/combo1.jpg) and the pic in your avatar (http://www.thehawkseye.com/pcyan/pcyan_church3.jpg) are both from a spore vendor's site, now I really don't believe you, nice try though, I suppose :rolleyes:...

:smirk:

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seattle area tips please [Re: secretmachine]
    #3163294 -

I have been looking alot lately for Psilocybe Cyanescens and I think I have a found a couple by my house but im not sure. Ill post some pics soon to see what ya guys think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hey everyone... I just moved to the seattle area. Karen 2,711 16 10/23/02 07:30 AM
by Unity333
* Blue ringers in seattle area... Ase 2,318 4 10/08/03 07:55 AM
by mjshroomer
* RE: Seattle area mushroom hunting Mobius_Strip 1,213 4 04/23/05 11:30 PM
by Mobius_Strip
* seattle area hunting? aat 3,238 5 08/21/05 08:35 PM
by SweetLeaf
* Picking in the NorthWest / Seattle Area mrDylan 14,364 4 07/24/03 11:41 AM
by mjshroomer
* help with a ident in the seattle area gooking69 951 4 09/17/04 10:34 PM
by thearmedforces
* PNW Tacoma/Seattle Area Hunting Anyone? KrasHnBurnZ 1,588 3 12/29/02 10:01 AM
by pleezr
* california bay area
( 1 2 all )
tuna 5,628 22 11/16/03 08:00 PM
by Psilygirl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
15,630 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.