Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBrady
randomizer
Loc: on a damn island , FL
Advice on wetness?
    #3146805 - 09/17/04 03:27 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Ok.. So when i was making my cakes (pf tek) I noticed that it didn't seem as wet as I thought it would be. I took it on faith that the amounts were correct and cooked a dozen up. Well, I got curious and opened one up. It seemed rather .. not wet, very very light moist. Ive never growen befor.. so i don't know if im just being paranoid or what.

I ground my own brown rice, the vermiculite is pretty fine.

So i thought that possibly something could be throwing off the amount of water needed, maybe my vermiculite or something strange about my measureing glass, or something. So I made an other dozen , with 4 jars at 60 ml water, the next 4 at 80 ml , 100ml. After a week two of the 100ml jars got infected. I noticed that in some of the jar pictures of other ppl's you can see small water droplets.. Only my 100ml can i really see any small droplets. Im currently waiting for spores in the mail and want to get your advice befor i innoculate these. Its cool if i have to re-cook but i figure I could try a range of amounts to figure out what does best. Advice on wetness?

B.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: Advice on wetness? [Re: Brady]
    #3146829 - 09/17/04 03:36 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

it's alright for the cakes to be just slightly moist, i was wondering the same thing when i made my first batch, if you are going by the book and using what they say then you shouldnt be worried!

--------------------

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

#3146848 - 09/17/04 03:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The cake material really won't seem too wet after it is mixed, this is good. Too much moisture breeds contams, as you have found out. Just use the PF Tek exactly until you get some fruits, then its experiment time. Personally, for each jar to be made I mix 1/2 cup verm, 1/4 cup brf, and 1/4 cup water. This amount will make a lot more than you need, but the moisture level will be right for inoculation. Also, make sure NO water is getting in your jars when you cook them, and don't use more than 1cc of spore solution per jar, as that can alter the moisture content also. Lastly, turn your cakes upside down halfway through colonization to help even the water distribution. Hope this helps some! And good luck!

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3146868 - 09/17/04 03:48 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I say all you need is more foreplay.  The appropriate level of wetness should be reached after around 15 minutes of digital stimulation and dirty talk.  :wink:

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation