Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales, Spirulina, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
The new thought
    #3133492 - 09/14/04 10:37 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Many Of you may have some feeling that we are reaching a turning point in history. Some of you say that it will be a blissfull rapturous enlightenment, a joining together, cosmic conciousness.
Others say it will be an enviromental collaps, an apocolypse, a third world war.

What i am going to tell you is that it can be either, and if you want to have a say in which, read this post.
It could help you enjoy life more too!

This post is a collection of a handfull of posts by a handfull of members that share some remarkable similarities. It occurs to me that what we are seeing here is the emergence of an entirely new philosophy or paradigm of life. Of course it draws on ideas that have been around for thousands of years, but it seems this knowledge is making a sweeping revival in north america. Lately i have been hearing these same messages on the radio, in books, on the net, and from random people i meet.

Read the following posts and try to connect the dots, so to speak, to see the bigger picture. EAch member is doing his best to put words around a rather ineffable idea, and the results are subtely different each time.

I didnt put it in any order really, but i think reading them all as a whole could help comprehension alot.

I know there are other posts out there that i missed, and if anyone has one that they think should be included please add it by reply,

anyways i hope this is usefull to someone, i plan to send the whole collection to some interested people i know as a kind of general primer.

One thing i wonder is, if this is an as yet unnamed philosophy or cosmology (it is definetly seperate from solipsism, buddhism and all other traditions that share some of its basic premises) than what should we call it?

and dont be intimidated by the size! read them one at a time if you want, take breaks!

First:

This is just a short description of my current philosophical/religious cosmology. It isn't 'true', because in trying to describe the indescribable with words, words always fall short of truth. This cosmology is what I see when I gather all the knowlege I have accumulated so far and piece it together and examine how it fits using my third eye.

It seems to me now that one vast consciousness is experiencing different realities which are coded on the different DNA programs. Consciousness is just witnessing different realities. The consciousness that I call 'me' (tha Atman) is the part of Brahma which is watching the show of 'my' DNA. Every species represents a unique show, and every individual in the species is a unique perspective on that show.

So, make it a good show for consciousness to watch because until you wake up you're never EVER going to see a different show...Just THIS life over and over again. That's the 'Determinism' part of it.

But since you don't know what the rest of your 'predetermined by DNA' life experience is going to be...YOU CAN MAKE IT ANYTHING YOU WANT! That's the 'Free Will' part of it.

The best thing you can do in this life is WAKE UP. Because when you 'wake up' in this world, you're waking life becomes 'lucid living'. When you WAKE up, or become 'enlightened' you will have total mastery of the physical world, just as you have mastery in the dream world when you lucid dream.

So...how do you wake up? Well you gotta remember who you really are. You are NOT anything in the show (not the DNA programmed mind, body, or external show). What you ARE is the CONSCIOUSNESS that is watching this mind/body that you are calling 'you' have an adventure in space time.

Dis-identify yourself from everything that can be experienced and discover your true self.

Once you do that...there is only one more hurdle until you awaken.

Now WAKE UP!

- Source

used to find myself pondering different theological ideas such as the concept of being connected to each other, and the analogy of being ?one mind?. One thing that would stick with me was a part Bill Hick?s comedy routine ?Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves.? I would often try to grasp what that meant and wondered how to experience something like that in order to really ?know? it on an emotional level. I understood the analogy on a literary level; however I think to really feel and understand it is a different thing.

Now that I?ve been experimenting more, and also maturing in life, I find that I?m seeing it that way more & more, and that my old way of seeing things is fading into the background. Before I would try to conceptualize the relevance of myself to everything, and how vast it all is. While I?d certainly see past the cultural context of everything, now I?m beginning to trust my own voice rather then the one that?s learned from my environment.

-Twirling

Truth conflicts with truth every day in someones world. That is why their is conflict. It happens because everyone does have their own truth and all conflict stems from that. One person believes this and the other that. Even something as apparently "absolute" as 1+1 equaling 2 was disputed in the universal math post. It does equal 2 to someone in this linear dimension of sequence counting apples, but it may equal 3 to someone working with a multidimensional formula. BOTH can be true at the same time. truth can expand upon itself while remain true at each step of the percpetion it was realised from.

For the person in the hands of an abuser, this world is a cruel, painful place of suffering. For the person in the hands of a gentile compassionate being this world is kind and joyful. Which one is right? Which one holds the right truth of what this world "is"?

consider that truth is completely independant relative to the percievers of it. Just because a majority are sharing the same perspective at the same time, doesn't mean it is the right truth and it doesn't mean any contridictory independant truths are wrong.

How many jurors have changed their minds about judgments after DNA evidence and more information was presented to them AFTER a case?

Newtons laws of physics are now being broken as further truths are being discovered about what can be possible. The old ones remain true from one perspective and the news ones are true from a different one.

I write this in consideration of those who wish to ease conflict in their life.

When we realise that truth is an independant experience relative to perception we can then become considerate of this and move to build bridges of understanding with respect for differences and broaden the scope of our world and universal view at the same time. We gain more choices and hense, experience a greater sense of freedom within what what can be and what we can be or not.

People tend to feel more empowered when they think they hold the "right " truth in this life. If they are shown a contridictory and conflicting one, they may assume they have been wrong and then feel 'weakened". It doesn't feel good which is why people fight to stay in "power".

In this light "right" truth is a weak source to generate your personal power from. it leaves you forever vulnerable to being made wrong and weakened until you realise you can be 'right" in your independant truth and so can another.

If you want to feel truly empowered and be the "bigger" person, then be the one who moves to understand another when conflicting truths arise. Be considerate that the other is "afirad" to understand you, because in their understanding, only one can be right, and they do not want to experience that feeling of becoming weak if they acknowledge your perspective as also being valid.

Show them how you can see the situation from both perspectives and how both can be valid. A small person sees one from one set of eyes and a larger person sees from two thre and into infinity. How large and powerful do you want to become?

When the conflict involves making a single choice of action, first look to create a compromise of two choices of action that serve both parties in their needs and wants. Where there is a will there is a way. Knowing that has gotten me through the toughest of hopeless jams and lost causes. I proved to myself that they were niether hopeless or lost when I looked for a way for everyone to get what they wanted. Thats being empowered and it starts with realising that two people can be in their own truth which requires different wants and needs.

I want to make a note for people who are concerned about being left behind when this magical gateway opens into a new world of peace, united harmony and co-operative co-creation. That world exist independantly right here and right now and you can create it for yourself at any time you wish.

If you hold steadfast to beleiving in things like there is only ONE right truth, you will be sourcing your personal power from a weak place living in a world of perpetual win loose conflict and in fear of being made wrong and weak and yes, there is no entering a new world until you start anew with your thinking.

In the case of the jurors, you can say, I beleived I made the right choice based on the information made available to me at the time. Now that more information has come into the picture, I believe I can make another choice, that is different about my verdict. being wrong never has to an issue. We go from being right to right to right as information is made available to us.

Information is "light" in spiritual speak. Information allows for you to see more and so does light in a dark place.

For others who believe in right and wrong truths and are doing their merkaba spins, and eating spirulina, the new world will never enter their reality by "magic" until you make the magic. You create it! People have been living in it for eons all around you. It's always been here as a potential waiting for you to realize it into your own life and many already have and are living in it.

This isn't an all or nothing change at any point. You can slowly play with it when conflict arises and see how big and large and empowered with a greater sense of choice freedom you can feel and experience without your having to be right and the other made wrong. I'm throwing this up as an experimental idea for the leary to play with and see for themselves if truth can be independant or not.

-Gettingjiggywithit

Hey guys, i don't know if anyone remembers but a few weeks ago I went out to my cabin in the woods with some shrooms determined to have a true vision quest, something totally mindblowing.

In the end that one massive dose was reduced to three very large doses, but the final trip really did 'blow the lid off'...

I know, i know its the oldest cliche in the psychadelic crowd but... i saw the truth. I KNEW the true nature of reality, and more than knowing i experienced it perceptually...

Now before everyone starts jumping on me, i dont know THE one and only truth. Rather what i experienced was, for me, inarguable evidence that each and every one of us are creating our own truths, our own worlds, our own realities.

Now, at first I planned to make this a really massive essay style post, outlining the basis of this belief and the various research that is starting to support it, blah blah blah, but when i got back I noticed something. This truth, that totally blew me out of the water, is turning up EVERYWHERE.

A recent post, an article called 'the holographic universe' was one of the best examples of this for me. It really tied alot of things together. But this is just the start. Quantum physics and cutting edge psychology are all finally catching on to something that has been common knowledge to shamanic, mystical and spiritual traditions for millenia.

The discovery is, of course, that we are all actively creating our own experience. Yes, even external reality is entirely orginating within you, although the term 'within' is now superflous. Within and without are one, i guess...

I know i know, my skills at linguistics are not enough to convince anyone who hasn't started to percieve this truth for themselves, but i happen to know that numerous people on this board are indeed starting to experience it.

Again, whats so bizarre to me is that no matter what aproach is taken, what paradigm the researcher is working in, this drastic realization always seems to lie at the end of the road...

For example, the holographic universe details how recent developments in the science of atomic physics is starting to lend credence to the theory that their is no one 'real' reality... in addition the most advanced psychology is showing us the apparently unlimited extent to which conditioning, beliefs and cosmology can influence our perceptions of reality... and on the other side of the fence the teachings of the buddhists, shamans and mystics are all saying the same thing. This is an illusion. All of this is an illusion.

What is done with that knowledge varies from tradition to tradition. For example, the buddhists practice intensely so that one day they can 'wake up' from this dream, escape the illusion and dwell in the clear light. Others, however, are content to merely utilize the knowledge so they can exercise greater control over the dream, such as shamans and sorcerors who use the plasticity of this dream world to perform great feats of healing (or hexing) and all manner of other seemingly impossible things.

Again, i regret my inadequacy that prevents me from articulating the incredible truth that i have come to believe in, but there are more and more voices speaking up in our culture, bringing this amazing secret to the public eye.

For example, read conversations with god. Read seth's: the nature of personal reality. Read Carlos Castaneda and his don juan manuscripts. Read the Crack in the Cosmic Egg by chilton pierce. Read Physics and Buddhism. Read anything about quantum physics...

the incredible thing is all of these books point to the same truth, we are living in a self created world, and with awareness we can alter, change, create, destroy or control ANY aspect of that world.

I know i know its impossible its bogus blah blah blah...

All im telling you is, What you choose to believe shapes what you can percieve. A paradigm is not just a way of looking at things, your paradigm is actually defining and limiting the range of what you can look at, so to speak.

Sigh...

Anyways, i know that this is either going to be incomprehensible to those who haven't started to know... or else old news to those who do.

While i was tripping on this one particular world shaking quest, i had the total realization of this truth, and more than that i BELIEVED. It wasn't just the intellectual realization that comes from reading and study. It was plain to see. It was like the differance between reading about atmospherics and solar topology or whatever, and watching the sun come up.

At first the manifestations were subtle. I want my shoes. There they are. I want my hat. There it is. I want a particular song... it comes on ... than things got more extreme. I was listening to the voice of the mushroom as it lay one shaking revelation on me after another, and then i had this fear... its hard to articulate, it was like a really intense fear, and a knowledge, that my father could die. He could be dead. I started thinking about this, what it would be like to be one of those kids whose dad died, what it would be like to live the rest of my life without him... and then the intellectual thing changed and it was a certainty. My dad was in a car accident. I knew it. But then i started thinking.. this world is not 'real' it is one possible reality that i am creating.

So of course with the proper application, my dad doesnt need to die. I had a very real sensation of standing on a fence, walking a razers edge. I knew i was at the junction where reality can go one way or the other, i was riding entropy like a horse... and i decided NO MY DAD WILL NOT DIE. i chose one path...

But i still had an uneasy feeling. I wanted to phone my dad and make sure he was ok, but in the past phoning my parents while tripping has not turned out to be wise so i decided to just call and ask how he was, nothing unuesual... so i phone him.

"hey dad... hows it going" he sounds shaken

"oh... im ok." pause..... "i just hit a bear on the highway..."

turns out he was going about 100 kliks on the highway when a bear RAN INTO THE SIDE OF his car. If he had been a second or two earlier, he would have hit the mother bear, which had crossed a moment earlier, the one that hit his car was a cub following its mother.

Even stranger, he told me that he had slowed down about 3 minuites ago when a cloud of mayflies had obscured his vision. I did a quick clock check and realized that it was almost exactly 3 minuites ago that i had made my decision to not let my dad die...

anyways, very strange night....

What i have realized has given me trememndous benefit. For those of you familiar with lucid dreams, i use this metaphor.

Our regular lives are like regular dreams. We play the part of the passive observer, we essentially flow with the dream, never aware that the dream is just a dream, created by our own minds. Often are awareness is so low we dont even remember what weve been doing. We have little or no control over what happens,

Than all of a sudden 'this is a dream. holy crap' suddenly ANYTHING is possible, we can fly, teleport, whatever...

for me this night was 'becoming lucid' in waking life. It was a realization that this is indeed yet another dream, and just like in any dream, becoming lucid, TRULY lucid, gives us an essentially unlimited control...

Unfortunatly, it DOES take at least a mustard seed of faith to move a mountain, and i doubt that this post will be enough to confer even that.. but again, i know some of you already know...

And more and more people will start waking up to this.

What's happend now is that our society has stolen our power. Every day we wake up, and read the paper. The paper tells us THE WAY THINGS ARE. its so official looking. We believe it totally, and of course belief shapes reality. And there is no opportunity to 'talk back' to the paper, its one way communication. Info goes in in in in and we buy it all...

Basically our whole society from kindergarten up has been a constant unending brainwashing process. YOU MUST DO THIS, THE WORLD IS THIS WAY, PUNISHMENT COMES FROM DISOBEDIENCE, REWARD FROM CONFORMITY

It is this lifetime of brainwashing that we must all struggle to escape, so that we can finally begin reclaiming our birthright... active control over our own realities.

It would not be an exageration to say that the fate of the universe hangs on our realization of these truths.

I am also realizing though, that as the end of history draws nigh, we will all experience it in our own ways, just like everything else.

For those who dont wake up, it may well be a nucleur holocaust, and yet at the same time it will be a blissfull conciousness transcendence for those who are ready...

amd of course the illusion of seperateness will go as well, in time....

sigh...

good luck yall, may you have happy times a plenty...

-moonshoe

and, perhaps most essential...
find out what beliefs you hold (perhaps unconciously) that are preventing you from reaching your goal and replace them with positive beliefs...

again, this is a difficult concept to articulate. Basically, the scope of possible realities is infinite, its just a question of what you focus your conciousness on. This is primarily dependent on your belief, the focus of your faith.

If, like swami (if i may presume) you have focused your belief on the material, mundane, cynic/skeptic , old-science cosmology, then your perception will adjust to support your beliefs. This is how the Ego (what we wrongly think of as being our 'self') tries to preserve itself.

another example: if you Believe that dreams are unimportant or unreal, you will quickly stop having them (remembering them) and those you do remember will seem trivial and nonsensical.

However, if you believe dreams hold secret messages, meaning etc, again your perception rearanges to match the belief.

This is true in all matters.

Find out what beliefs are inhibiting you from living your ideal life, and change them. Difficult and easy... it may take time and learning a developed 'toolset' for changing reality may help, different 'toolsets' have been developed at the highest levels of every faith and religious tradition, though it may be tough to dig up. (toolsets are systems of meditation, ritual, or whatever that may help you)

Examples of beliefs that may be fucking with your reality:

People are inherently evil

The world is inherently bad

I am unlucky, ugly, unloveable, stupid, unathletic, weak, lazy, etc

I am a slave to chance, or divine will, or karmic punishment, or anything else that could be used as an excuse for why your life isn't how you want it to be...

I cant make money, or i shouldnt make money...

(props to swami, who once argued with me when i said money and spirituality cant mix. I was wrong, and my awakening has helped show me that. However, obsessive fixation on anything will impede spiritual progress, money included)

anyways, im amazed and happy that all the responses so far have been positive.

Like i said, whenever i bring this up, no matter what circle of people, i find individuals who say 'oh yeah ive heard something about this' often they say 'oh thats just positive affirmation, or just etc etc) the reason is because so many arts, sciences, traditions etc succesfully make use of these principles in specific, limited ways. (examples: martial arts, self help psychology, visualization, magick, painting and art... dance, tantra.. anything)

The key is identify the unifying principle, which is not mind over matter but more like mind is matter, or mind creates matter, and also realizing that their is no upper limit to what you can achieve with that principle.

Anyways, just another schpiel

Happy dreamin

Someone asked me about the psychology that backs this up, i dont have links on hand but i took a psychology class last year and just noticed numerous similarities between recent psychological advancements and the stuff id been reading about personal reality.

Most of the psychology stuff dealt with perception. For a long time the assumption was, (in psychology science and everything else) that their is an external world and an internal observer. The internal observer percieves the external world, and the external world is the same for everyone. If a persons internal observer didnt agree with the consensus on what the external world was like, he was either a heretic or a lunatic, depending on what the prevalent cosmology of the day was.

Recently, though, psychology has realized that you dont have to be mentally ill to percieve the world in a totally unique way. In fact, the main influence on perception is belief. A person with a prejudice against blacks, a person who BELIEVES that blacks are more prone to violence and crime, is more likely to see a black person commiting a crime, when in reality he may never have seen the persons skin or maybe the person was chinese or white.

Again, this isnt just a matter of a racist lieing to hurt a black, if the belief is ingrained, the perception matches. He isnt nescessarily lieing, he REALLY IS seeing a black man, when the person may be white.

This is again, an example of how one field of study is 'scratching at the surface' of the truth

What it shows is that Belief shapes perception. Whats more, everything we know about reality, everything we experience, we experience through perception.

Therefore belief=perception=reality. Once the belief is ingrained, perception follows. What we percieve makes our reality, and thus a circle is formed, a constant feedback loop.

Believe, percieve, believe....

therefore, if you can change your belief, you can change your perception, and you can change your reality.

Note: when i talk about people like swami as limiting their perception, dont think im saying : this person is wrong. The main realization we have to make is truth is not universal. My truth is true for me. My reality is real for me. But you may live in a different reality with different truths.

All im saying is, what reality you live in and what truths dictate your life can be influenced conciously, but only if you realize it.

So... wait... nothing is true? than how do we know what to believe?

well, analyze it pragmatically. When science accepts a theory as the new truth, it does so only if that theory can satisfactorily explain one or more present phenomenon. Gravity is now 'truth' in science because it satisfactorily explains various phenomenon in the physical world. More than that it can be put to practical use. Aerodynamics is truth because it allows us to fly planes.

Therefore, judge your beliefs the same way. If you believe you are lazy and weak, that satisfactorily explains why you are unhappy, but what does it allow you to do? nothing good. So , if a different belief, such as "i am strong and motivated, or can become so" while not inherently more true, can provide a greater benefit.

Thus analyze your truths on the basis of what they can do for you

This is a crucial step to creating your reality

-Moonshoe

Spirituality and Science

The Holographic Universe

This very, very exciting article actually gives a scientific theory behind many spiritual viewpoints and spiritual experiences, including enlightenment and the perception of oneness encountered by many people that have had strong spiritual experiences.

It all started 1982 at the University of Paris. A research team led by physicist Alain Aspect performed what may turn out to be one of the most important experiments of the 20th century. Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. After this, it didn't take long before the idea of a holographic universe was created. But the implications of this are truly mind boggling?

Cosmos as a super hologram, Regressions into the animal kingdom, The Holographic Universe, The Holographic Universe, The power of visualization, Transpersonal psychology, Synchronicities, The brain as a hologram, Enlightenment, Consciousness creates reality, The Universe as a Hologram, Bohm and Pribram's holographic paradigm

Spirituality and Science: The Holographic Universe

By Michael Talbot

In 1982 a remarkable event took place. At the University of Paris, a research team led by physicist Alain Aspect performed what may turn out to be one of the most important experiments of the 20th century. You did not hear about it on the evening news. In fact, unless you are in the habit of reading scientific journals you probably have never even heard Aspect's name, though there are some who believe his discovery may change the face of science.

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart. Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing. The problem with this feat is that it violates Einstein's long-held tenet that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light. Since travelling faster than the speed of light is tantamount to breaking the time barrier, this daunting prospect has caused some physicists to try to come up with elaborate ways to explain away Aspect's findings. But it has inspired others to offer even more radical explanations.

University of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm, a gigantic and splendidly detailed hologram. To understand why Bohm makes this startling assertion, one must first understand a little about holograms. A hologram is a three-dimensional photograph made with the aid of a laser.

Holograms

To make a hologram, the object to be photographed is first bathed in the light of a laser beam. Then a second laser beam is bounced off the reflected light of the first and the resulting interference pattern(the area where the two laser beams commingle) is captured on film. When the film is developed, it looks like a meaningless swirl of light and dark lines. But as soon as the developed film is illuminated by another laser beam, a three-dimensional image of the original object appears.

The three-dimensionality of such images is not the only remarkable characteristic of holograms. If a hologram of a rose is cut in half and then illuminated by a laser, each half will still be found to contain the entire image of the rose. Indeed, even if the halves are divided again, each snippet of film will always be found to contain a smaller but intact version of the original image. Unlike normal photographs, every part of a hologram contains all the information possessed by the whole.

The "whole in every part" nature of a hologram provides us with an entirely new way of understanding organization and order. For most of its history, Western science has laboured under the bias that the best way to understand a physical phenomenon, whether a frog or an atom, is to dissect it and study its respective parts. A hologram teaches us that some things in the universe may not lend themselves to this approach. If we try to take apart some thing constructed holographically, we will not get the pieces of which it is made, we will only get smaller wholes.

This insight suggested to Bohm another way of understanding Aspect's discovery. Bohm believes the reason subatomic particles are able to remain in contact with one another regardless of the distance separating them is not because they are sending some sort of mysterious signal back and forth, but because their separateness is an illusion. He argues that at some deeper level of reality such particles are not individual entities, but are actually extensions of the same fundamental something.

The Aquarium Model

To enable people to better visualize what he means, Bohm offers the following illustration. Imagine an aquarium containing a fish. Imagine also that you are unable to see the aquarium directly and your knowledge about it and what it contains comes from two television cameras, one directed at the aquarium's front and the other directed at its side. As you stare at the two television monitors, you might assume that the fish on each of the screens are separate entities. After all, because the cameras are set at different angles, each of the images will be slightly different. But as you continue to watch the two fishes, you will eventually become aware that there is a certain relationship between them. When one turns, the other also makes a slightly different but corresponding turn; when one faces the front, the other always faces toward the side. If you remain unaware of the full scope of the situation, you might even conclude that the fish must be instantaneously communicating with one another, but this is clearly not the case.

This, says Bohm, is precisely what is going on between the subatomic particles in Aspect's experiment. According to Bohm, the apparent faster-than-light connection between subatomic particles is really telling us that there is a deeper level of reality we are not privy to, a more complex dimension beyond our own that is analogous to the aquarium. And, he adds, we view objects such as subatomic particles as separate from one another because we are seeing only a portion of their reality. Such particles are not separate "parts", but facets of a deeper and more underlying unity that is ultimately as holographic and indivisible as the previously mentioned rose. And since everything in physical reality is comprised of these "eidolons", the universe is itself a projection, a hologram.

Cosmos As A Super Hologram

In addition to its phantom like nature, such a universe would possess other rather startling features. If the apparent separateness of subatomic particles is illusory, it means that at a deeper level of reality all things in the universe are infinitely interconnected. The electrons in a carbon atom in the human brain are connected to the subatomic particles that comprise every salmon that swims, every heart that beats, and every star that shimmers in the sky. Everything interpenetrates everything, and although human nature may seek to categorize and pigeonhole and subdivide, the various phenomena of the universe, all apportionments are of necessity artificial and all of nature is ultimately a seamless web.

In a holographic universe, even time and space could no longer be viewed as fundamentals. Because concepts such as location break down in a universe in which nothing is truly separate from anything else, time and three-dimensional space, like the images of the fish on the TV monitors, would also have to be viewed as projections of this deeper order. At its deeper level reality is a sort of super hologram in which the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously. This suggests that given the proper tools it might even be possible to someday reach into the super holographic level of reality and pluck out scenes from the long-forgotten past.

What else the super hologram contains is an open-ended question. Allowing, for the sake of argument, that the super hologram is the matrix that has given birth to everything in our universe, at the very least it contains every subatomic particle that has been or will be -- every configuration of matter and energy that is possible, from snowflakes to quasars, from blue whales to gamma rays. It must be seen as a sort of cosmic storehouse of "All That Is."

Although Bohm concedes that we have no way of knowing what else might lie hidden in the super hologram, he does venture to say that we have no reason to assume it does not contain more. Or as he puts it, perhaps the super holographic level of reality is a "mere stage" beyond which lies "an infinity of further development". Bohm is not the only researcher who has found evidence that the universe is a hologram. Working independently in the field of brain research, Standford neurophysiologist Karl Pribram has also become persuaded of the holographic nature of reality.

The Brain As A Hologram

Pribram was drawn to the holographic model by the puzzle of how and where memories are stored in the brain. For decades numerous studies have shown that rather than being confined to a specific location, memories are dispersed throughout the brain. In a series of landmark experiments in the 1920s, brain scientist Karl Lashley found that no matter what portion of a rat's brain he removed he was unable to eradicate its memory of how to perform complex tasks it had learned prior to surgery. The only problem was that no one was able to come up with a mechanism that might explain this curious "whole in every part" nature of memory storage.

Then in the 1960s Pribram encountered the concept of holography and realized he had found the explanation brain scientists had been looking for. Pribram believes memories are encoded not in neurons, or small groupings of neurons, but in patterns of nerve impulses that crisscross the entire brain in the same way that patterns of laser light interference crisscross the entire area of a piece of film containing a holographic image. In other words, Pribram believes the brain is itself a hologram.

Pribram's theory also explains how the human brain can store so many memories in so little space. It has been estimated that the human brain has the capacity to memorize something on the order of 10 billion bits of information during the average human lifetime (or roughly the same amount of information contained in five sets of the Encyclopaedia Britannica). Similarly, it has been discovered that in addition to their other capabilities, holograms possess an astounding capacity for information storage -- simply by changing the angle at which the two lasers strike a piece of photographic film, it is possible to record many different images on the same surface. It has been demonstrated that one cubic centimeter of film can hold as many as 10 billion bits of information.

Our uncanny ability to quickly retrieve whatever information we need from the enormous store of our memories becomes more understandable if the brain functions according to holographic principles. If a friend asks you to tell him what comes to mind when he says the word "zebra", you do not have to clumsily sort back through some gigantic and cerebral alphabetic file to arrive at an answer. Instead, associations like "striped", "horselike", and "animal native to Africa" all pop into your head instantly. Indeed, one of the most amazing things about the human thinking process is that every piece of information seems instantly cross- correlated with every other piece of information -- another feature intrinsic to the hologram. Because every portion of a hologram is infinitely interconnected with every other portion, it is perhaps nature's supreme example of across-correlated system.

The storage of memory is not the only neuro physiological puzzle that becomes more tractable in light of Pribram's holographic model of the brain. Another is how the brain is able to translate the avalanche of frequencies it receives via the senses(light frequencies, sound frequencies, and so on) into the concrete world of our perceptions. Encoding and decoding frequencies is precisely what a hologram does best. Just as a hologram functions as a sort of lens, a translating device able to convert an apparently meaningless blur of frequencies into a coherent image, Pribram believes the brain also comprises a lens and uses holographic principles to mathematically convert the frequencies it receives through the senses into the inner world of our perceptions.

An impressive body of evidence suggests that the brain uses holographic principles to perform its operations. Pribram's theory, in fact, has gained increasing support among neurophysiologists. Argentinian-Italian researcher Hugo Zucarelli recently extended the holographic model into the world of acoustic phenomena. Puzzled by the fact that humans can locate the source of sounds without moving their heads, even if they only possess hearing in one ear, Zucarelli discovered that holographic principles can explain this ability. Zucarelli has also developed the technology of holophonic sound, a recording technique able to reproduce acoustic situations with an almost uncanny realism.

Pribram's belief that our brains mathematically construct "hard" reality by relying on input from a frequency domain has also received a good deal of experimental support. It has been found that each of our senses is sensitive to a much broader range of frequencies than was previously suspected. Researchers have discovered, for instance, that our visual systems are sensitive to sound frequencies, that our sense of smell is in part dependent on what are now called "osmic frequencies", and that even the cells in our bodies are sensitive to a broad range of frequencies. Such findings suggest that it is only in the holographic domain of consciousness that such frequencies are sorted out and divided up into conventional perceptions.

The synthesis of Bohm and Pribram's views

But the most mind-boggling aspect of Pribram's holographic model of the brain is what happens when it is put together with Bohm's theory. For if the concreteness of the world is but a secondary reality and what is "there" is actually a holographic blur of frequencies, and if the brain is also a hologram and only selects some of the frequencies out of this blur and mathematically transforms them into sensory perceptions, what becomes of objective reality? Put quite simply, it ceases to exist. As the religions of the East have long upheld, the material world is Maya, an illusion, and although we may think we are physical beings moving through a physical world, this too is an illusion. We are really "receivers" floating through a kaleidoscopic sea of frequency, and what we extract from this sea and transmogrify into physical reality is but one channel from many extracted out of the super hologram.

This striking new picture of reality, the synthesis of Bohm and Pribram's views, has come to be called the holographic paradigm, and although many scientists have greeted it with scepticism, it has galvanized others. A small but growing group of researchers believe it may be the most accurate model of reality science has arrived at thus far. More than that, some believe it may solve some mysteries that have never before been explainable by science and even establish the paranormal as a part of nature.

Numerous researchers, including Bohm and Pribram, have noted that many para-psychological phenomena become much more understandable in terms of the holographic paradigm. In a universe in which individual brains are actually indivisible portions of the greater hologram and everything is infinitely interconnected, telepathy may merely be the accessing of the holographic level. It is obviously much easier to understand how information can travel from the mind of individual 'A' to that of individual 'B' at a far distance point and helps to understand a number of unsolved puzzles in psychology. In particular, Grof feels the holographic paradigm offers a model for understanding many of the baffling phenomena experienced by individuals during altered states of consciousness.

Regressions into the animal kingdom

In the 1950s, while conducting research into the beliefs of LSD as a psychotherapeutic tool, Grof had one female patient who suddenly became convinced she had assumed the identity of a female of a species of prehistoric reptile. During the course of her hallucination, she not only gave a richly detailed description of what it felt like to be encapsulated in such a form, but noted that the portion of the male of the species' anatomy was a patch of colored scales on the side of its head. What was startling to Grof was that although the woman had no prior knowledge about such things, a conversation with a zoologist later confirmed that in certain species of reptiles colored areas on the head do indeed play an important role as triggers of sexual arousal.

The woman's experience was not unique. During the course of his research, Grof encountered examples of patients regressing and identifying with virtually every species on the evolutionary tree (research findings which helped influence the man-into-ape scene in the movie Altered States). Moreover, he found that such experiences frequently contained obscure zoological details which turned out to be accurate.

Transpersonal psychology

Regressions into the animal kingdom were not the only puzzling psychological phenomena Grof encountered. He also had patients who appeared to tap into some sort of collective or racial unconscious. Individuals with little or no education suddenly gave detailed descriptions of Zoroastrian funerary practices and scenes from Hindu mythology. In other categories of experience, individuals gave persuasive accounts of out-of-body journeys, of precognitive glimpses of the future, of regressions into apparent past-life incarnations.

In later research, Grof found the same range of phenomena manifested in therapy sessions which did not involve the use of drugs. Because the common element in such experiences appeared to be the transcending of an individual's consciousness beyond the usual boundaries of ego and/or limitations of space and time, Grof called such manifestations "transpersonal experiences", and in the late '60s he helped found a branch of psychology called "transpersonal psychology" devoted entirely to their study.

Although Grof's newly founded Association of Transpersonal Psychology garnered a rapidly growing group of like-minded professionals and has become a respected branch of psychology, for years neither Grof or any of his colleagues were able to offer a mechanism for explaining the bizarre psychological phenomena they were witnessing. But that has changed with the advent of the holographic paradigm.

As Grof recently noted, if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange.

Consciousness Creates Reality

The holographic paradigm also has implications for so-called hard sciences like biology. Keith Floyd, a psychologist at Virginia Intermont College, has pointed out that if the concreteness of reality is but a holographic illusion, it would no longer be true to say the brain produces consciousness. Rather, it is consciousness that creates the appearance of the brain as well as the body and everything else around us we interpret as physical.

Such a turnabout in the way we view biological structures has caused researchers to point out that medicine and our understanding of the healing process could also be transformed by the holographic paradigm. If the apparent physical structure of the body is but a holographic projection of consciousness, it becomes clear that each of us is much more responsible for our health than current medical wisdom allows. What we now view as miraculous remissions of disease may actually be due to changes in consciousness which in turn effect changes in the hologram of the body.

The Power Of Visualization

Similarly, controversial new healing techniques such as visualization may work so well because in the holographic domain of thought images are ultimately as real as "reality". Even visions and experiences involving "non-ordinary" reality become explainable under the holographic paradigm. In his book "Gifts of Unknown Things," biologist Lyall Watson describes his encounter with an Indonesian shaman woman who, by performing a ritual dance, was able to make an entire grove of trees instantly vanish into thin air. Watson relates that as he and another astonished onlooker continued to watch the woman, she caused the trees to reappear, then "click" off again and on again several times in succession.

Although current scientific understanding is incapable of explaining such events, experiences like this become more tenable if "hard" reality is only a holographic projection. Perhaps we agree on what is "there" or "not there" because what we call consensus reality is formulated and ratified at the level of the human unconscious at which all minds are infinitely interconnected. If this is true, it is the most profound implication of the holographic paradigm of all, for it means that experiences such as Watson's are not commonplace only because we have not programmed our minds with the beliefs that would make them so. In a holographic universe there are no limits to the extent to which we can alter the fabric of reality.

What we perceive as reality is only a canvas waiting for us to draw upon it any picture we want. Anything is possible, from bending spoons with the power of the mind to the phantasmagorical events experienced by Castaneda during his encounters with the Yaqui brujo don Juan, for magic is our birthright, no more or less miraculous than our ability to compute the reality we want when we are in our dreams. Indeed, even our most fundamental notions about reality become suspect, for in a holographic universe, as Pribram has pointed out, even random events would have to be seen as based on holographic principles and therefore determined. Synchronicities or meaningful coincidences suddenly makes sense, and everything in reality would have to be seen as a metaphor, for even the most haphazard events would express some underlying symmetry.

A New Reality

Whether Bohm and Pribram's holographic paradigm becomes accepted in science or dies an ignoble death remains to be seen, but it is safe to say that it has already had an influence on the thinking of many scientists. And even if it is found that the holographic model does not provide the best explanation for the instantaneous communications that seem to be passing back and forth between subatomic particles, at the very least, as noted by Basil Hiley, a physicist at Birbeck College in London, Aspect's findings "indicate that we must be prepared to consider radically new views of reality".

DONT MISS THIS ONE:

AND FOR DESSERT:
Click on link below; wait to load; next click on the word "proceed" on right side of screen: < www.lighteye.freeserve.co.uk/part1.htm >

If you need the Flash plugin, get it here:

<www.lighteye.freeserve.co.uk/media.htm>;

(Best viewed at 800x600 or 1024x76)8

"It is a short and well worth it journey." -Dr. Wolf

-posted by gettinjiggywithit

Did you make it all the way to the end?

:thumbup:  :grin: :thumbup:

Any thoughts?

Edited by Moonshoe (09/14/04 11:08 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The new thought [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3133950 - 09/14/04 12:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

in discussing the brain, you mentioned
Quote:

Because every portion of a hologram is infinitely interconnected with every other portion

but the term infinitely is not exactly right.

two types of connection are involved, and lots of it goes on but not an infinite interconnectedness:

1 - in media connection accross the surface of the cortex brainwaves can traverse neurons as waves of light traverse the glass in a hologram producing interference also like in a hologram. The interference spikes enable fixation of memory and recall when triggered by simmilar patterns later.

2 - out of media connections, which are of two types:
a) the data feed (from body and from brain and timing circuits in the cerebellum), and
b) the fixation matrix - involving multi-axxonned cells in basal ganglia etc. which truly do create trememdous interconnections, joining cerebral neurons that are excited in each moment of experience. the more frequently the same pattern (engram) is repeated the more strongly it is fixed in memory.

An analogue of in media interconnections in physics would be the visible laws in our dimension.
An analogue of out of media connections would be stuff happenning in a flipside dimension or a 4th dimension other than time.

Note the flat hollograms require light from out of media to operate, and a mechanism of interference as well, and normally they hold one large aggregate scene or movie unlike the brain which has a much more complex out of media infrastructure and can accommodate nearly endless layered content.

----no i skipped sections, but I am so full of it I had to spew too

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The new thought [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3134004 - 09/14/04 01:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Redgreenvines, what your saying sounds Fascinating.

Unfortunatly i didn't understand a word of it.

What is the implication of what you are saying?

What does it mean?

:blush:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #3134226 - 09/14/04 02:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for putting all those together! I agree, this seems to be at the forefront of many-a-mind lately.

We are beginning to awaken to the realization that we are the dreamers of our own dream. Why not make it a beautiful dream?

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3134234 - 09/14/04 02:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

we have the biological equivalent of another dimension in our heads that accommodates more than one gestalt.

a gestalt is the totality of momentary experience and it fills the cerebral cortex with neural excitation from all 6 senses as if projected onto a screen.

each point of excitation is like a raindrop on the surface of water.

a complex interference pattern results at each mind moment and lines of peak energy stretch accross the surface are the arising and fading engram.

the engrams energy above excites multiaxxonned cells in the infrastructure and create fixed engrams for later recall, by growing knobs against cell bodies that are in the active moment (and in the new arizing mind moment too! - what ever is active is fixed together)

later a partial excitation of the pattern can bring back the whole memory.

see it is simple

we experience all our senses on a 2-D surface - enmeshed like a hologram, but we can record and replay almost everything from our lives there which is really a very 4-D ability, derived by cleverly sandwiching the top layer - cortex - and the infrastructure - the nervous system and basal ganglia (and cerebellum for timing).

it involves reduction of data to the interference resulting from all data input on a 2-d surface, then the recreation of data by pumping energy back into the same pattern.

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: The new thought [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3134295 - 09/14/04 02:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That was probably the most concise and clear description of the workings of the brain that I have ever read.

Thanks!  :laugh:

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3134308 - 09/14/04 02:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

One thing i wonder is, if this is an as yet unnamed philosophy or cosmology (it is definetly seperate from solipsism, buddhism and all other traditions that share some of its basic premises) than what should we call it?
it is not an -ism :P
call it nothing :wink:

you may think you understand the words I have just said to you but, what you may fail to realize is, what you may have thought I said is not what I actually meant by saying what I said, when I said it.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The new thought [Re: Gomp]
    #3134455 - 09/14/04 03:24 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

again, very interesting, this time i think i understand.

But what do you see as the implications or uses of these facts, or the relevance to the topic?

or is it just an interesting side note?

it seems to me what you are talking about is the formation of sensory perception, whereas im talking about something quite different

--------------------

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
    #3134465 - 09/14/04 03:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What you are saying about more people understanding a new paradighm is true to my experience. I have had some increadible insights lately that seem to come from nowhere. A friend of mine is also experiencing the same phenominon. The insights we are gaining do not come from books etc... but are intrisically built into our consious reality. Our last trip highlighted this point. What we have is a "Feed And Response" system. As the knowledge is gained by an individual consiousness, he inturn passes that knowledge onto others. If you can imagine a stone being dropped in a pond, ripples will travell to the edge of that pond and back again. It is this effect that we are having on each other with this knowledge. However, we have to also consider that this is not the first time human consiousness has experienced this phenominon. It is part of the process that we forget the knowledge (Become unconsious) in order to (Remember) experience consiousness again. It has to be that way. You cannot know up unless you know down, you cannot know left unless you know right and you cannot know consious reality without knowing unconsious reality. I Know that humanity is waking from its sleep. (I do not believe, because to believe is to doubt)I know for sure. I am now creating my consious reality, it knows no bounds, it is limitless. Some say that I am loosing the plot, but I have never seen things more clearly. I have a feeling of constant joy. Not so long ago I was a professional cyinic. I now love every second of my consious existance, and I am so thankful.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #3134598 - 09/14/04 03:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What has happened since you realised this? Besides posting it here...that is...

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3134616 - 09/14/04 03:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
again, very interesting, this time i think i understand.

But what do you see as the implications or uses of these facts, or the relevance to the topic?

or is it just an interesting side note?

it seems to me what you are talking about is the formation of sensory perception, whereas im talking about something quite different

the post posted right after "this", kinda eksplian it.
(I do not believe, because to believe is to doubt)as he said
"Feed And Response" system. As the knowledge is gained by an "individual consiousness", he inturn passes that knowledge onto others.

but. as you may think you understand the words I have just said to you, what you may fail to realize is, what you may have thought I said is not what I actually meant by saying what I said, when I said it. and therfore, the fact that more people understanding a new paradighm is true. but how do you mean, is it even posible to inhabit a mening? as it can not be shared. Is it not superfluous to mean?
and is that not what people subconsiously are realizing?
share the info, dont analyse it? the language is already an analyse :wink:

I try to be on topic, but im very a confused beeing. :smile:

Quote:

BlueOrb said:
  What you are saying about more people understanding a new paradighm is true to my experience. I have had some increadible insights lately that seem to come from nowhere. A friend of mine is also experiencing the same phenominon. The insights we are gaining do not come from books etc... but are intrisically built into our consious reality. Our last trip highlighted this point. What we have is a "Feed And Response" system. As the knowledge is gained by an individual consiousness, he inturn passes that knowledge onto others. If you can imagine a stone being dropped in a pond, ripples will travell to the edge of that pond and back again. It is this effect that we are having on each other with this knowledge. However, we have to also consider that this is not the first time human consiousness has experienced this phenominon. It is part of the process that we forget the knowledge (Become unconsious) in order to (Remember) experience consiousness again. It has to be that way. You cannot know up unless you know down, you cannot know left unless you know right and you cannot know consious reality without knowing unconsious reality. I Know that humanity is waking from its sleep. (I do not believe, because to believe is to doubt)I know for sure. I am now creating my consious reality, it knows no bounds, it is limitless. Some say that I am loosing the plot, but I have never seen things more clearly. I have a feeling of constant joy. Not so long ago I was a professional cyinic. I now love every second of my consious existance, and I am so thankful.

DUDE! are you me? thats somthing i wrote i swear! hehe  :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (09/14/04 04:00 PM)

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Re: The new thought [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3134628 - 09/14/04 04:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I feel indiscribable Joy. (Not in a psychotic way)
I am no longer searching for answers, they just appear through various sources....I know who I am for the first time that I can remember....
I can create the reality I choose, I am no longer a victim, but a master....
Does this make sense?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: The new thought [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3135327 - 09/14/04 06:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i love you folks. so much...

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: The new thought [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3135341 - 09/14/04 06:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah? doesent it? :wink:
am not searching for answers, I search for questions..
  :mushroom2:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #3136225 - 09/14/04 10:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

General Disclaimer
I did not read your post, and I'm likely not going to (not because of the sheer size however, but rather because I came across something I felt the need to comment on) if I'm saying something off-topic, or something that's already been covered, or whatever - just disregard everything I'm about to say

Quote:

Many Of you may have some feeling that we are reaching a turning point in history. Some of you say that it will be a blissfull rapturous enlightenment, a joining together, cosmic conciousness.
Others say it will be an enviromental collaps, an apocolypse, a third world war.

What i am going to tell you is that it can be either, and if you want to have a say in which, read this post.
It could help you enjoy life more too!

I see 'it' as both

the human race as a whole is shifting from a self-centered self-serving mindset into an all-centered all-serving mindset...a sort of global awakening to the fact that the selfishness we currently embrace is quickly leading to a sort of destruction of our entire species/planet/etc, and that the only way to preserve our existance is to quit putting such a huge emphasis on our own personal wants and desires, and to start putting the needs of the many and the preservation of the planet at the top of our list

people will cease to fill their lives will frivolous bullshit - celebrity gossip, keepin up with the Joneses, cultural aliences (race/religion/country/etc) and pretty much any other 'stuff' that people use to define themselves or center their lives around

their lives will be relatively simple - living modestly with the bare neccessities, working religiously at jobs that actually are neccessary for survival (i.e. no more fast food resteraunts or novelty stores, nor more little nick-nacks that serve no purpose other then to take up space and collect dust, no more rediculous 'hobby' shops filled with tons of crap designed specifically to waste your time and/or grab your attention and give you something to center your life around) people will, for the most part, cast aside all materialism, and they will turn back to socializing and spending time with eachother for entertainment - playing games, telling stories, making music, discussing the nature of the universe...whatever

they will begin to show interrest in what we as a whole can accomplish when we genuinely strive to work together for the greater good (much in the same way that people back in the sixties would marvel at the idea of flying to the moon, and would turn their focus towards the human species achieving the impossible) and this can be anything from future space travel, to communication with animals, to discovering new symbiotic technologies that actually work with nature as opposed to against it, to expanding upon our own internal technological world and delving into AI and nanotechnology and teleportation and hover vehicles and pretty much anything else you can possibly imagine - people will learn to embrace mankind's achievements, and find joy in whatever accomplishments we are able to achieve

in a very real sense it will be a glorious place where people cease to constantly get wrapped up in crap that has no real 'substance' and they begin to genuinely embrace humanity in all it's glory - where there will be no need for leadership or laws or any of these other 'walls' we put up between eachother, because we will not see eachother as rich/poor or right/wrong or anything else like that - we will all simply be 'human' and we will all simply be doing what we need to do to survive, and finding meaning in our own unique ways

but at the same time - it will also be a total destruction of everything that we know

everything that makes up our world will have to fall away into the abyss before this new era will be able to arise from the void...and many many many many many people will oppose this in a million different ways - there will be war, there will be economic downfalls, there will be rioting, and killing, and mass chaos on a global scale - we will quite literally cripple ourselves beyond repair, and then rebuild from the rubble in the way that we all (in our hearts) know is the best way to do things

in order to live in a world without government - the governments must first fall

in order to live in a world without religions - they too must all fall

the banks, the militaries, the fucken everything you could possibly imagine - it all must fall

moving into the future requires moving away from the past...and those that rely on the ways of the past (to a fault) will cause a whole hell of a lot of problems for the more fluid amoungst us...but in the end - it will all work its way out exactly as it's meant to happen (one way or another)

Quote:

"This is a process which is happening...but it's a burr - it can go with ease because we help it from this side, or it can be tramatic because we resist" ~ Terence McKenna

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The new thought [Re: Muppet]
    #3136595 - 09/14/04 11:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

?the post posted right after "this", kinda eksplian it.
(I do not believe, because to believe is to doubt)as he said
"Feed And Response" system. As the knowledge is gained by an "individual consiousness", he inturn passes that knowledge onto others. ?

I was talking to redgreenvines, not blueorb.

?but. as you may think you understand the words I have just said to you,?

Oh I certainly don?t think that

Northernsoul:

?What has happened since you realised this? Besides posting it here...that is...?

check out the original I?m back and the lid is blown off thread I talk about what use ive made of the knowledge in my life so far.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ev=#Post2982329

?However, i personally cannot claim to have achieved any incredible degree of mastery. So far the results of my new outlook on life have been more subtle. Ive become more fit than ever. People come up and complement my physique when i was once skinny and insecure. I excell in martial arts when once i thought i couldnt do any sports. Women shout 'moonshoe is hot!' at me, and girls i (once) would have thought to be way out of my league turn out to be into me. My motivation is increased. I now know what i want to do with my life and im watching the pieces fall into place. I literally experience NO stress in my average life. I lucid dream with great frequency. i always have weed to smoke, money in the bank and more coming. I have recently learned that i will inheret a piece of property worth millions and that is one of the most beautifull natural places ive ever seen. i am getting A's in school with next to zero effort.

Each of these things is an example of utilizing the knowledge of my own power to positively influence the dream of my life. I have not yet walked coals, or raised the dead, and i may never do so, but i no longer have any doubt that it is possible.?

Now you could take this as a bunch of arrogant bragging, but that would be a mistake. The implications of this knowledge are that our beliefs are our only limitations. It also shows that we can control and change our beliefs and our realities. This can be applied to almost any task.

I don?t want to give the impression that reading this article is gonna make your life perfect, but when you really understand this shit and start to experience it yourself, you realize by degrees that what you can do with this shit is UNLIMITED.

I also dont want to say that im all perfect now, I have relapses. This is both a knowledge and a skill and a way of life.

The knowledge must be utilized, the skill must be used and the way of life must be lived. But sometimes i get lazy, however the growth process continues.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3136619 - 09/14/04 11:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

It's cosmology by my understanding. I'll look up the word and see what I find on it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: The new thought [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3136706 - 09/14/04 11:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

More like cosmology *plus*. I did a search and it seems cosmology is mostlly related to science, astrophysics and math and the genral study of the universe. Most of the sites I porused through were VERY dry.

I really don't think you can give this a name that makes it all definable. The nature of this stuff evolves very quickly and changes fast. It's not like christianity where the Bible is written and never changes and you follow it it's teachings.

This is different. The "book" is in continual rewrites and the students are the teachers at the same time. there is no authroity on this stuff other then self experience.

Ascension use to be the thing, now its understood as incension. Thats one of thousands of examples of the rewrites. The change and the fast evolution of understanding the universe from so many perspectives is what makes all of this so challenging and captivating.

You become the author and the reader, the creator and the experiencer it's like a living library that restocks the shelves to keep pace with you and yet, you are the one restocking the shelf.

Talk about a custom fit path, you can't go wrong on it and it keeps getting better. There is so much freedom in it.

Cool post idea moonshoe! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
    #3137317 - 09/15/04 02:52 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This needs to be tacked so everyone can read! I too have come to the same realizations  :grin: :grin: :grin:

My whole life I was depressed as fuxor ever since I was alittle kid things like christianity and the bible just seemed kinda shutbook and boring and made me depressed seeing things so flat-lined... but now I look at everything in a whole new way and appreciate and see the beauty in anything I come accross... I finally found meaning to my life in the acceptance of the unknown and what has already been laid before me. I am finally FREE  :ooo: :blush: :cool: :grin:

Peace, luv all u guys  :stoned: :heart: :mushroom2:      :tongue2:

--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Re: The new thought [Re: duster]
    #3137695 - 09/15/04 06:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

MOONSHOE

The things you talk about, the examples you give, are not so subtle, thats amazing stuff....Increadible change. This is what I have experienced too.....I've gone from cynical alcoholic to limitless energy. I feel untouchable, I have no fear of what lies beyond.....I am in a constant communion with a higher being....(God, the universal consioucsness or what ever label you wish to give to the all that IS) I am no longer searching, just creating experiences....That is my purpose....To experience all of it......
With regard to possibilities, There are no limits, imagination is the key to all creation. Think about it. Everything that we see around us first began with a thought about it. It was someones imagination that led to its creation, through thought. We deny ourselves so much because we limmit our imagination, we tell ourselves its not possible and then we create that reality. The group conciousness then becomes limmiting to the species. However, things are changing. It is our obligation now to continue thinking, speaking and putting into practice theses truths. That way the feed and response system will wake others up to the new paradigm.

With regard to muppet, Don't view what is or what has gone before as bad, it had to be that way. The system of things is perfect....We are here to experience everything. As we wake up we will consciously choose our experiences, taking full responsibilty for the results we create. We may continue to experince the things you cast negative aspersions over, the difference will be that we chose those experiences consciously. People will no longer be victims in this world. It is not condusive to the soul to place limmitations on experience, niether is it condusive to prescribe a way to live....This makes you no wiser than the governments...religionists etc.....
So continue all experiences that serve you, and continue discussing these matters because we are waking up!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales, Spirulina, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology