Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Casing vs. Cake
    #312610 -

I have always used cakes, and am getting ready to attempt my first casing after seeing all of the beautiful flushes off of it. I was just wondering is it typical to get much larger shrooms off of a casing, or could I improve my techniques to grow bigger shroomies off cakes?

I was, and now I am!


--------------------
I was, and now I am!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Casing vs. Cake [Re: doc_024]
    #312955 -

In my experience casings do typically put out larger shrooms and more of them. Casings offer extra moisture, more surface area for pinning and help create a larger, stronger mycelium network.

That's why people usually grow on cakes in the beginning and then try casing. When done right it yields more. However casings are a little trickier to take care of.

There is a straw tek for cakes. Where you drill a hole in the center of the cake ( half way down) and insert a drinking straw. You then keep the straw filled with water. I've only seen pictures. I have never tried it.



"ROADS?? Where we're going we don't need..roads."


--------------------
"ROADS?? Where we're going we don't need..roads."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Casing vs. Cake [Re: DanDanTheShroomMan]
    #312980 -

Hey, that straw technique is great!!! That way you could allways verify the right amount of water the cake needs. I don't know how it's done but it gave me an idea: tap the side wich is going to be inside the cake, make some small holes (not too many) with a needle on the portion of the straw wich is going to be inside the cake. If you have the straw end wich stays out of the cake outside the terranium you can insert water through the hole, then you pratically don't need any extra watering.
That's a try!

== :) Spread the Spores :) ==


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Casing vs. Cake [Re: MAIA]
    #313297 -

well thanks for the input, I dont think moisture would be a problem though using the perlite method. I know I can grow casing, I've perfected growing cakes.


I was, and now I am!


--------------------
I was, and now I am!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* casing vs. cake humidity ShroominSpradl 2,392 5 02/04/02 05:59 PM
by Anno
* Re: Casing or cakes, which works best? Anonymous 1,828 4 01/21/00 05:11 PM
by Anonymous
* Casing or Cakes? funkenshroomen 870 1 03/27/02 01:28 AM
by 2shrewmen
* casing vs. cake ShroomBoarder 1,816 10 12/25/01 10:52 AM
by isis
* Casing vs. Cake Cultivation stantheman 2,466 10 01/17/02 09:57 PM
by Anonymous
* Case old cakes? uncarved_block 1,394 6 05/11/01 11:08 AM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Re: Casing or cakes? A question of potency Anonymous 1,229 4 10/21/00 09:44 AM
by Anno
* Re: what should I do now? case or cakes? input please bomb 811 2 05/22/00 05:39 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
973 topic views. 4 members, 71 guests and 94 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.