Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 49. Do magic mushrooms harm my liver?
    #3130481 - 09/13/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ

49. Do magic mushrooms harm my liver?

Proof?

Links?

Discuss.

Visit the tripper's FAQ... follow the link in my sig VVV.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: FAQ 23. Do magic mushrooms harm my liver? [Re: Rose]
    #3131808 - 09/13/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i have no proof, but abuse of any substance can hurt you. hell the teflon in pans can cause cancer in you too. booz can hurt your liver too if you abuse them. in moderation your body should be fine. like most everything else. i would think if you dosed every month or every other month you would be alright, unless you have a liver problem already. i am sure doing shrooms with a bad liver is no better or worse then getting trashed with a bad liver. You know people eat that shit. Nasty!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: FAQ 23. Do magic mushrooms harm my liver? [Re: kontron]
    #3131985 - 09/13/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's cool... but this is something very specific and speculation abounds on this topic.

Proof is important.

Numbers are too.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
Re: FAQ 23. Do magic mushrooms harm my liver? [Re: Rose]
    #3132585 - 09/13/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No,
Most psilocybian mushrooms have all the same nutrients and proteins as normal edible mushrooms with the added benefit of the active alkaloids. There is also evidence suggesting animals consume these types of mushrooms in the wild (apparently they even trip) But I can't find any links on it.

The only Psychoactive mushroom known to cause liver damage is the Amanita species, and is not considered a psilocybian mushroom.

Qoute from erowid Here
"The following hallucinogenic species contain not psilocin/psilocybin but ibotenic acid, muscimol and related compounds:

Amanita citrine (syn A. mappa, A. citrina), A. muscaria var formosa, muscaria, pantherina, porphyria, A. muscaria var regalis, tomentella, (are all types associated with) The famed "Fly Agaric" red toadstool with white warts.

Amanita species cause 95% of all deaths from mushroom poisoning. The ones above are (reasonably) safe. The danger lies in incorrect identification. Death by Amanita poisoning is reportedly an excruciating way to die, since they destroy liver tissue and the body's own wastes then kill you. Worse yet, noticeable negative effects do not begin until 3 days after ingestion, and by then it's too late. (Note - Silymarin found in Milk Thistle seeds is one of the only substances known to protect against a majority of the liver damage caused by poisonous Amanita species, but it needs to be taken immediately after ingestion, long before any negative effects are noticed.) I would seriously recommend against toying with these; most reports say they're not even fun. If you insist, consult other sources for more information."

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures