Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
Everyones View of the "Universe"
    #3113424 - 09/09/04 02:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've been reading a lot of interesting post by some intelligent enlightened people but the question of how you see the Universe came to mind and I mean Universe as in all of it Time/space Multidimensional ect. personally I have stuck with the Infinite no start no end not that parts don't start and end Galaxies form and die whole Dimensions cease to be but as a whole never ending never starting containing everything but at the same time nothing. so sticking with this I belive everything is as true as it is false it all depends on where you are in relation. So I'm interested in some of the other Truths out there.  :zoom:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Everyones View of the "Universe" [Re: ElfWizard]
    #3113473 - 09/09/04 02:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe the universe is just a giant cycle. Kinda like the universe and all its entirety just explodes and is gradually slowing down to fall back all together just to explode/expand again. Maybe this is the familiarness we feel with nature and everything when engaging in psychadelic exploration. Since we are all just madeup of the same stuff so to speak ( at a subatomic level). Now where God comes into play is an entirely different discussion.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3113494 - 09/09/04 02:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ahhh the universe.

I am agreeing with you completely on the Infinite. the spiral, harmonious cycles of no beginning and no end. the serpent eating its own tail, the phoenix... the celtic tree of life...these are all great examples.

I believe time is indefinite, and just another assumption, in the place for convenience. Now seasons, on the other hand, I can believe. Seasons are the cycles with no beginning and no end. there are just charactaristics in seasons, no birth, no death. That is why I grieve time, personally.

As far as multi-dimensional ideals and the galaxy as a whole, I have lead myself to believe that , that will be the cause for the breaking of the cycle. When the universe and star wars are understood, thats when time stops. the death to what never quite existed. Only things in the material light can birth and die, imagination is everlasting.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Re: Everyones View of the "Universe" [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3113890 - 09/09/04 03:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hmm I think I have been mistaken I see cycles but mine is a bit of a bigger picture imagen if you will a person standing in the middle of the pacific water in every direction without end. but even that falls short how does one describe something that is everything and more. even I cannot truly understand my veiw I think of it like space we continue to find new ways to look out deeper and deeper and yet there is allways more the see beyond what we have/can. My wife calls it the cheap view since I'm just agreeing with everything on the basic level.  :grin:

Infinite
adj.
1. Having no boundaries or limits.
2.Immeasurably great or large; boundless
Mathematics.
A. Existing beyond or being greater than any arbitrarily large value.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3113986 - 09/09/04 04:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

> I've been reading a lot of interesting post by some intelligent enlightened people

You must have missed my posts then... :wink:

> personally I have stuck with the Infinite no start no end

Starts and ends only have meaning with relation to each other.  In other words, how do you define the starting point of time, if time doesn't yet exist?

> I belive everything is as true as it is false it all depends on where you are in relation.

What happens when something is neither true or false... when something is outside of the bounds of duality?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Everyones View of the "Universe" [Re: Seuss]
    #3114111 - 09/09/04 04:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

What happens when something is neither true or false... when something is outside of the bounds of duality?

Suess, that was a very intelligent and enlightened question to ask! :thumbup:

Ahahahahahaha I love it! :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Re: Everyones View of the "Universe" [Re: Seuss]
    #3114118 - 09/09/04 04:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

kinda outa context but for the first one if it dosn't yet exist then it dosn't exist I was useing the start end to try to point out the lack of either concept in my veiws same with Duality how can you have duality in something that is more then 2 (both true and false and neither that makes three :wink: ) I used the true false statment becuse Duality is something most people deal with and use to veiw the world around them it tried to step beyond that if something is both then it can't be either (examp take a pepsi and mix it with coke what you have is something that is not coke or pepsi even though thats what you used to make it) basicly what is outside the bounds of duality is everything but duality is how we have been tought to veiw things and is a rather hard habit to drop

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3114129 - 09/09/04 04:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Duality perception is a habit so worth dropping! It puts everything into conflict. Fuck living like that within yourself and life. Put everything into contrasting compliments and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh like a cubre libra when you mix rum and coke on a hot summer day!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3114144 - 09/09/04 04:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You've opened a can of worms with me, here :smirk:

Striving to understand the nature of the Universe has been a primary drive in my life as long back as I can remember (I can remember a few breif moments of my life before age 5, and all of these moments revolve around awestruck "discoveries" I made concerning the fundamental workings of various phenomena). I will try, my hardest, not to write a novel while I explain my current views :grin:

The Universe, and yes that is capital T capital U, is a closed volume of spacetime consisting primarily of three spatial dimensions and one "temporal" dimension. I say it is a closed volume because I do not buy into the concept that The Universe is either infinite in size or duration. I think our Universe is a temporary event occuring in a larger whole (the megaverse, multiverse, or whatever you wish to call it). Our Universe "began" when the three spatial dimensions along with the temporal dimension began to unfold themselves from the tightly-curled state they were in prior to the event we can refer to as "the Big Bang". Prior to this point, all the dimensions we are familiar with were curled in on themselves (like a rolled up piece of paper) to a diameter of less than the Plank Length (VERY small) and were probably in the same state as other dimensions from wich the "Multiverse" is composed of. Our Universe is not all that exists: there are "things" outside of the boundaries set by our Universe...and our Universe is a part of these things (but, being a closed system, is shut off from their contact). I will not go deeper into the structure of the Multiverse as such topology is far beyond my meagre Human conceptualizing abilities :wink:

As for the internal structure of our Universe, I have a pet theory that it is somewhat like a fractal on large scales. Chaos and the emergence of spontaneous synchrony from disorder seems to be a "built-in" aspect of our Universe. Think of a hologram or a fractal image: every "part" of the image is actually a copy of the whole image itself, no matter how small of a part you decide to look at. I think the Universe may be quite similar. Stars revolve around galaxies, planets revolve around stars, electrons revolve around the atomic nucleus. As it is on large scales, so it is on small scales. This is too similar to the structures of holograms and fractals to be coincidence, in my opinion, and the very existence of fractals and holograms leads me to think that in them we are seeing an unfocused image of the Universe on the largest of scales.

I would write more now, but I'm at work and should probably be doing the thing I get paid to do :smirk:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Everyones View of the "Universe" [Re: trendal]
    #3114175 - 09/09/04 04:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My current understanding pretty much matches Trendals!

Our idea of the spatial 3-D universe is one thing. getting into the muliversal natural of the whole of all existance is mind blowing good fun!

I was hit with about 20 synchronistic moments so far today and it just made me laugh. I was like what?????????????????????? It's all funny but where's the meaning to any of it? Then I was overcome with this awesome feeling of not being alone. I felt as if the universe was saying, "just our way of reminding you that you are a part of vast interconnected system with a ton support for you. Use it!

Ironically, it gave me relief as I was Ivan stressing in my own self absorbed pool of pity for being in it's path feeling helpless and powerless.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Re: Everyones View of the "Universe" [Re: trendal]
    #3114229 - 09/09/04 05:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ah ha thanks I see your veiw but thats a smaller picture of what I was talking about I'm going for more the megaverse multiverse I see your concept as a bubble in a bubble bath I'm trying to get a good picture of all the bubbles in order to get a better veiw of the "whole" bath as one bubble pops it effects the ones next to makeing them bigger or poping them also  ect. ect. the resion I'm trying to get such a veiw is that when you look all bubbles share simularitys just as they are all uniqe in there own right I'm not doing this to belittle your veiws but I'm trying to find common links for a life long project I am working on wich I hope will allow us to expand our veiws and knowledge of the "whole" as it where but I have also noticed how well fractals seems to represent this smaller mimicing the larger (or vise versa) "as above so below"  :thumbup: :heart:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3114803 - 09/09/04 07:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Someone once put it to be this way. Trying to mentally visualize or conceptualize the size and capcity of universe is like facing two mirrors towards each other. In doing so you create an image of infinaty; A visual image reflecting on into itself that is endless. But when you try and stick your head in between the two mirrors so you can really see how far it goes you can't really see because your head gets in the way of your view. So, it's impossible to know what infinity really is, beacause you're head gets in the way.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology