Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
"Fractal" metaphors/Fractal logic?
    #2961510 - 08/03/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I know this sounds really out there, but bear with me here.. I've been picking up on these "templates" that seem to fit too many things universally to be a coincendence.

Here is an example:

1.) When an individual relates a concept to the public (such as on a web board) they are seeking sympathetic* responses. Every person seeks like-minded persons. When we disagree with someone, we tend to become discontented. When we agree with someone, we feel pleased. This prompts a sympathetic response.. this can be as simple as saying "I can relate to what you're saying".

(*Note: My sympathetic I do not mean the "I feel sympathetic for you" kind of sympathetic, but simply meaning "alike" or "similar")

2.) If you were to strike an "E" note on a guitar, any other strings currently tuned to "E" (as well as notes that are very similar but not quite the same {harmonies of E}) will vibrate sympathetically. When the "like" note is struck, all "like tuned" strings will offer a sympathetic vibration.

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

The reason this boggles my mind is that it is essentially a "fractal-like" pattern that exists across multiple "subdivisions" of scientific logic/intellect.

The fact that 'two humans tuned to similar frequencies of thought' react to each other the same way 'two strings tuned to similar notes' react to each other raises a lot of questions in my mind.

For starters, this should be a very solid logical reason to believe that humans are NOT seperate from nature. It is a very common belief that humans are some distorted unnatural thing, destroying nature. But the truth is, we are a part of nature in every way.. we do not escape the very "fractal templates" that everything else seems to follow.

Does anyone else get what I'm saying besides me? hahaha...

:shiftyeyes:  :heart:

Edited by JacquesCousteau (08/03/04 07:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: "Fractal" metaphors/Fractal logic? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2961557 - 08/03/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well you got me thinking :wink:

Some thoughts that crossed my mind:

Maybe the search for sympathetic response that humans express is a result of our dissociation from each other, consciously? Ants must all "think" alike to be so in tune with the needs of an entire hive. We have come far down evolution since we could consider ourselves a species of "one mind"...

I've had the same thought as you (I think) about the multi-layered reality of existence. "Templates"?

Humans are most certainly not separate from Nature, as Nature ecompasses all existence (being natural). I think many people speak of "nature" as if it were only the flora and fauna of earth, and in many cases not including humans. We are definitely a part of it all, though.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: "Fractal" metaphors/Fractal logic? [Re: trendal]
    #2961571 - 08/03/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Well you got me thinking :wink:

Success!

Quote:

Maybe the search for sympathetic response that humans express is a result of our dissociation from each other, consciously?

It is certainly food for thought.

Quote:

I've had the same thought as you (I think) about the multi-layered reality of existence. "Templates"?

By "templates" I mean.. well, let's see.. you know how in fractal art, each of the "units" of the repeating aspect of the fractal each follow the same basic guidelines, while deviating slightly in form? I consider the "static" traits to be the "template" basically.. if that makes any sense.

OfflineCECILOFS
Stranger
    #2961930 - 08/03/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Your "templates" idea sounds a bit like Morphic Fields - you might want to do a bit of reading on those, it's a really great idea. The idea is that for each level of life there is a template or field that guides how that level of life works. But the fields are in constant flux depending on what happens on that level. So for example, the idea that "once someone has thought something, someone somewhere else will be more easily able to think the same thing" means that the new idea is being somehow incorporated into that field, which then becomes subconsciously accessible to other people.

It seems the general gist of what you are saying is "As above, so below". i.e. The same patterns occur in nature (and extending up into our minds and imaginations) on many different levels. This creates a fractal pattern of existence (see also: The Holographic Universe), wherein each "level" reflects the next, or each level is a microcosm of the one above it. If you think about it metaphorically and symbolically, you can, I think (though it's possible I'm just deluding myself), gain quite a profound understanding of how this is all working.

I also reccomend you listen to some of Terrance McKenna's lectures, because he goes into this idea and raises some very interesting points. Off the top of my head, I think "The Light of Nature" series, "Nature is the Centre of the Mandala" and possibly the "Tree of Knowledge" series deal with this concept.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #2961991 - 08/03/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That was great stuff you put out there cecilofs. I know it as frequency mapping, the concept is the same. It all sort of leads to the hundreth monkey syndrome if anyone is familiar with that experiment.

Jaques,

I wish you discussed a little bit more about what inspired the post or what your goal was. That was the only confusing part. :lol:

Sounded to me like you were realting humans to tuning forks. In lots of ways we work exactly like that which is why sound and vibration healing works so well. Harmonic resonance is the phrase.

Regarding people and making a sympathetic connection, I experience it to be simply when your bodies song/vibration resonates with anothers. What happens is a feeling of amplification as the energy is double amplified. if it's good energy it feels great and for sure people seek that feeling. Thats why birds of a feather flock together.

I suppose you could really complicate all of this if you wanted too.

Realting to others, feeling understood, being in sync with someone, all of that just feels good. Perhaps it eases the feeling of separation on a deeper level as well as was suggested.

I also think I would like to hear more from you on what inspired this and what the vague goal of understanding is- that would help to trigger more focussed discussion.

Am I in the ball park on what you were getting at?

It is a very interesting topic.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2962788 - 08/04/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This is very intriguing, Jacques.

If you are more interested in the other side of the analogy you presented, you should read up on Sympathetic Vibratory Physics. I'm not too familiar with it, but I know it's out there and is being studied. (imagine a tone that is played that resonates and ultimately shatters a glass)

You are proposing that humans have sort of an overtone series of resonant relations?
By overtone series, I mean this: In music, there is a valveless trumpet that used to be used in Classical music. It could only play the notes on the overtone series because those were the only resonant pitches available. These I believe also coincide with a Note and its upper resonant tones. Or you could think of it in space= a musical tone could resonate in a room much stronger than others (a bassline where one note sounds much LOUDER than the others, or seems to vibrate the walls and your insides)

Sorry if I'm going waaay too tangent on the musical application, but I think it is important.  It is the frequency response of our consciousness that makes any human interaction either pleasant or unpleasant.

"We're on the same page"

Any situation in interaction with someone else where you feel attuned to what the other is discussing, whether it conjuring up new ideas, or "resonating" with your own beliefs, could it be possible that you are sympathetically vibrating consciously?

To expand on your 'fractal' idea, I can imagine it as zooming out from a close view of a repeating fractal.  I (one piece of the fractal that repeats infinitely forwards and backwards) am apart of a larger form of the same piece that I am, and attached to that is you(another piece the same size as me).  Maybe you are zooming out, further realizing your "interconnected fractal nature" :wink:

Dude, sincerely, thanks. You've sparked much conversation in my head. If I hadn't already given you 5 shrooms, I'd do it again

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #2963206 - 08/04/04 04:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes we do seek a sympathetic response - but do you never post in order to challenge yourself, desiring the opposite side of the argument to come and force you to question your reality map?

I do wholeheartedly agree tho, with the main substance of your post.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: "Fractal" metaphors/Fractal logic? [Re: Blastrid]
    #2963273 - 08/04/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Blastrid, it sounds like you're the closest to being on the same page as me on this one.. you didn't get too indepth in the musical application of it, because therein lies the "template design" in a manner that is relatively easy to access and apply.

I will get back to everyone in depth a bit later, I have to go to work very shortly.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: "Fractal" metaphors/Fractal logic? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #2963277 - 08/04/04 05:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I guess you could say "the point" is that we are inseperably part of nature. I was trying to illustrate a pattern that co-exists across one of the biggest divisions many humans have always tried to fabricate: the division between self and non-self.

The point is basically that I find this kind of patterning to be an indicator of the lack of existance of this division.. and I thought it "practical" enough that it might get others thinking about it.

So the idea was simply to get others to consider it as an indicator of the wholeness of all things.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #2963345 - 08/04/04 07:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

patterns within patterns within patterns within patterns within patterns

dance dance dance dance dance

energy flowing - endlessly the cosmic serpent eats its tail and gives birth to the cosmic serpent

we are nature, our industries are nature, our pollution and wars are nature - and our ascent to the stars will be nature.

I am enraptured :sun:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#2964457 - 08/04/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for honing in on the foucs- you are after template talk. I'm still figuring out how to switch out templates to bring me back to 20 20 vision. I hate wearing contacts. Some spiritual friends say that is cheating and I have to figure out what caused the near sightedness on a mental and emotional level to give me the template for the 40 40 vision and work from there. I use to think that way, but I also beleive if we can figure out short cuts, then they are ours to enjoy, that that is a part of the game, working smarter not harder.

You want to prove to these guys that we are interconnected to all things through template talk huh? Good luck. If I can figure out something to support ya, I will. I've just come to accept that they have a right to beleive in separation if it serves them best and that I feel best just pushing the enevelope with like minds who already share in the same understandings.

Through the hundreth monkey syndrom, they will figure it out someday.

And yet, wouldn't you love to get your hands on a nobel prize for being able to prove a lot of this meta physics stuff scientifically or develop the award winning theory?

That would be cool! Like John Nash in a beautiful mind. His theroy kicks ass! Maybe you will do it someday Jaques. I support ya in that.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#2964496 - 08/04/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I wanted to add to what I wrote in the above as Bridging the gap to understanding oneness is a NOBEL cause. Templates are really a part of the morphongenic field that creates physical forms.

The first replyer here brought up holograms. I would go that route for demonstrating how we are all truly one/interconnected. I have a cool article on holograms I will post. Maybe it will give you inspiration to take off from and add to it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (08/04/04 02:52 PM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #2964528 - 08/04/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Like energy attracts like energy.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#2964890 - 08/04/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I posted the hologram article. I think the fractal demonstration you wish to use is found in the holgram. The article explains how even the tiniest particle contains a hologram of the whole. You'll appreciate the read as it has a lot of scientific research backing and may be able to tie your message together up into a neat and concise summary that is easy to understand with some info from it and your own vision.

Cool Topic!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#2965336 - 08/04/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
You want to prove to these guys that we are interconnected to all things through template talk huh? Good luck.

It's important to note I am definitely not trying to prove anything to anyone. I'm simply throwing out a topic for discussion, in hopes of reeling in like-minded individuals such as yourself for discussing it with.

And it worked, quite perfectly at that. :smile:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#2965411 - 08/04/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

he he he Cool!  :wink:

Wish I wasn't jetting out of town tommorow for 10 days. Lots of great convos goin on here. It looks like a handful understand the material in the Holographic Universe article I posted so they can get a lot of this too.

I personally don't think it's that far out. These are the toys I like to play with every day- he he

I get the oneness stuff. What I want to work on is the template replacing I talked about in the above. I read it can be done, with the help of our energy body guides.

Doing all of that traditional work for physical healing is a drawn out drag, ya know, figuring out the mental emotional cause and correcting it to correct the physical stuff. getting to the cause is a pain let alone correcting it. I think it should be enough to say, i deserve wellness and perfection in this area and thats that. Thats the goal of the other work anyway.

With the quickening quickening so we can get onto to the next phase of existance, I know we will be figuring out quick change template maneuvers for healing physical stuff. That is working with the morphegenic fields. There is very little out there on it and no one who knows much of anything so all I have to go on is guidance and memory of my higher self for now. I know we can, and it can be applied to manifesting anything after that- just got to remember the how.

Maybe we can bounce ideas around and trigger new insights or something. I'll put more focus on it when I get back, and give it more thought while I'm gone.

What more is your interest in this besides making a logical case for our interconnectedness will all things?

I bet you're being triggered to remember how to work with the morphegenic fields to for quick manifesting too. I bet lots here are.

Should be fun, but where to start. When I get back, I will just throw a shit load of ideas out there in a morphing post.

Nice to have found you like mind. :hug:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (08/04/04 06:52 PM)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#2965867 - 08/04/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I bet you're being triggered to remember how to work with the morphegenic fields to for quick manifesting too.

It is a possibility!  :grin:  :biggrin:

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2965977 - 08/04/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've been right there with ya, man:

Two threads interwoven.
the fact that they are interwoven does not matter,
the only thing that matters is the
intricate patterns that they weave as one.
That is why fractals are so beautiful.
One step always leads to another.

I wrote that on my 2nd 13 hours of stomach wrenching meditation :wink: :wink: when I understood the connection between the behavior of fractals and the behavior of the Universe. Fractals (the patterns of chaotic order) can be seen in any naturally, and many unnaturally, shaped objects.

Fractals helped me form my own theory on consciousness and evolution. I believe, our consciousness is dumped into a infinite sea of information and picks certain limited parts of the information (dictated by the brain's capacity through evolution). I think the information is represented as all forms of vibrational frequency's. The more information our brain can withstand the more evolved the brain. If you havent noticed: there is a natural hierarchy to the evolution of the brain, and I think as we reincarnate we are reborn as some form of consciousness climbing that hierarchy. Why do I believe in reincarnation? Well if everything is just a pattern of vibrational frequency's (energy), then our consciousness must also be another form of energy. Well where does energy go when it dies? It doesnt die it assumes different phases as stated by basic laws.

Know what I mean? Or am I explaining it too chaotically?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #2967864 - 08/05/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The significance in my mind is that fractals are basically "self-repeating" patterns. That means that each part, no matter how big or how small, is representative of the whole. This is true also with holograms, (i.e. scientific theories about a holographic universe). If everything is essentially self-similar, would that fall in line with the biblical contention that "God created man in his own image"? Likewise we use D.N.A. essentially as the vector through which our physical body is expressed. D.N.A. is pretty much the same for all living things, and we see living things comprised of ratios like phi (golden mean, golden ratio) in the same way that galaxies spiral and waves break upon the shore. The universe is known to each of us differently, but certain themes seem to run through us all.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2968314 - 08/05/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"The fact that 'two humans tuned to similar frequencies of thought' react to each other the same way 'two strings tuned to similar notes' react to each other raises a lot of questions in my mind."

I don't know if I like this comparison.. If I pluck the G string on a guitar, the G string on my friend's guitar speaks up a bit too - I understand that.
However, when I tell Ted that his mother is a dumb bitch, and Ted doesn't agree, he still speaks up. With people, often a louder response is gained by DISagreeance.. That would be like me plucking the G string and hearing a B note come loudly from my friend's guitar - that just doesn't happen. :wink:

However, I do understand what you mean. Fractal geometry is somewhat new to us humans, and the more I look for it the more I see it on all scales and in all realms of existence.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom