Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
san pedro i.d.
    #3096403 - 09/05/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i dont have a pic for i.d., but i got it at a cactus nursery. the guy who ran it said it was san pedro, the tag says triechocereus pachanoi. there were 3 stalks,  the tallest being 3 feet tall, the second 2 feet tall, and the 3rd being about 6-8 inches.  the 2 taller stalks have 6 points on the star, and 7 stars on the smallest, which the guy said he put in there not too long ago and it was just rooting.
they are a green color, not dark, but not light. they are in star shape, with spines running down each point of the star, the spines are in small clusters about 1-2 inches apart. i looked at other pics of san pedro, and descriptions, and i belive this to be a san pedro cactus.  can anyone ident by that? i have no way to get pics... :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: san pedro i.d. [Re: kontron]
    #3096550 - 09/05/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Probably... get a picture?

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: san pedro i.d. [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #3096737 - 09/05/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i am sure it is. i called ahead and had them hold their last san pedro. when i asked the guy if i could get it, he found it even though it was behind 5 other cactus. none of them looked nearl the same as this. i trust that the tag is right, and hope to have a fun night. sorry i have no pics. i compared it to other pics i have found and it looks exactly alike. even down to the white core. the way the spines are and everything. and i am using mjshroomers tek for extraction. it has been cooking for about 2 and a half hours now, and i will be done shortly.. can't wait.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3097974 - 09/06/04 03:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Were the ribs rounded?

Hope you saved some branch to keep it growing. As you may know these cacti are not the easiest thing to find outside the internet...

And a small cactus bit now could give you a free dose or 2 next year :smile:

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: san pedro i.d. [Re: esin]
    #3099181 - 09/06/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the ribs were a bit rounded at the tips. not sharp pointy things like 45 degree corners. actuially san pedro is very easy to find in s.d., so no worries for me.. although i want my other 2 to grow right now. the trip was not that intense at all. i made the cactus goo, and cooked for 4 hopurs. i kept adding water throughout the cooking and boiling it back down. i started with a 22 inch stalk, and ended up with 6 oz. of liquid extract. i cut the white core out and did not include that in the mixture. i used skin and all..spines too. (mjshroomers tek was used). i made the 6 oz into 2 shots, one for me, and one for my g/f. we made a mint honey tea, and used splenda to sweeten the pot. it didnt work. it was the foulest drink i have ever set my lips upon. not foul enough to stop me from finishing the 16 oz tea mixture. a straw helps get it to the back of the throat real quik.
didnt feel anything for a while. had some energy, felt good, real hungry cause i had fasted all day. maybe 3 hours into it my visuals peaked. not too many. faces turned to skulls. my g/f has a cabinet of old dolls, and all the faces started turning to skulls. one dolls face shifted into 2 faces. lots of stuff seemed a bit 3d like it was made with poofy paint. went outside and the trees looked nice. went back inside. was looking in the mirror and saw my throat slit for a split second. my g/f's face turned into a demon shcik and where ever she looked were black lights coming from her heyes. not black like neon lights, but black like absence of color. sometimes would see things out of the corner of my eye. nothing lasting. just fleeting images. fell asleep about 5 hours into it, feeling it wasnt going to get more visual then this.. was real tired at that point. must have been about 4 am or so. my g/f stayed up cleaning all night. said she couldnt stop cleaning. her trip never took off either.
all in all it was fun. not the most insane trip i have ever had, but it was there. i think i just need to increase my dose next time. felt like a light acid trip that never fully took off. i still have 2 stalks left. a 3 footer, and a small baby that just rooted.
any suggestions to make it more potent????

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3099286 - 09/06/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You can 'dope it', injecting dopamine into the core of the cactus.
There's a method that uses DMSO instead of a syringe.
http://archives.thenook.org/tek/spf_dmso.html

This one trustworthy guy 'ion' at The Nook says he noticed an increased bitterness in his cacti after he started foliar feeding (he uses a lot of N and even Urea - if i'm not mistaken - in his feeding solution).

Quote:

I've noticed my cactus flesh is getting more and more bitter-tasting since I've been feeding this way... even the fresh growth tips have more flavor than they did when I was only root feeding.

I've also noticed that old cacti with grafts on top seem to get really concentrated with bitterness due to the lack of their own tip-growth.

Alkaloid production is a function of time in these plants... the more time an area of the flesh has to remain alive with no real new growth (think about how slow peyote grows), the more concentrated the alkaloids become. This is due to an odd form of nitrogen fixation in the flesh... the alkaloids are nitrogen-containing molecules. So, if nitrogen (in your fertilizer) is directly absorbed by the green flesh, there is a great chance that this will be much more nitrogen than is needed for growth, and that the plant will "fix" it by producing more alkaloids.

experiment:
Taste the flesh of new pups, old growth, and tip-growth on your pedros... you'll see what I'm talking about, and you can even monitor the effectiveness of foliar feeding on your own.

http://archives.thenook.org/tek/Foliar_Feedi.html

[edit: mixed up your post, new reply]

Edited by esin (09/06/04 02:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures