Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroom God
Narc

Loc: Upinya Island, Bombay
Dung Brothers Kit not working... Please help!!!!
    #308458 - 05/03/01 11:37 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

OK, the scoop:

Inoculated a single bag of rye grain (the other contaminated with wet spot- badly). Took about 2 weeks to fully colonize. Mixed it in with the compost from the kit, took about a week or so to colonize. Well, that was almost 2 weeks ago.

Now the kit is just sitting there doing nothing. I've lowered the temps to about 68 F and still nothing. I have given the kit fresh air a few times a day (not fanning per se) and still nothing. There is a thick layer of water "dew" on the top of the compost, and water regularly pours down the sides of the container, soaking the mycelium on the sides. I highly doubt that pinning can commence in such conditions. I don't see how this kit is supposed to work as is.

I have followed the instructions carefully, and the kit seems to be doing nothing. The holes are all uncovered, and it's very dry in the room the kit is in.

Should I case this shit so that at least there isn't a 5 inch pool of water (exaggeration) sitting on top of the compost? Should I scratch the top?

Anyone with any advice? Ryche....?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Dung Brothers Kit not working... Please help!!!! [Re: Mushroom God]
    #308461 - 05/03/01 11:40 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

dont fuck w/ that stuff it grows itself.... dont fuck with the temp. dont fuck with the water content... read the posts on people who have had the kit be4 you ... your problems seem to be identical to theirs... good luck and peace

Give a starving man a fish and he'll live , but teach him to fish and he'll never starve again.

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
Re: Dung Brothers Kit not working... Please help!!!! [Re: BrownPastures]
    #308580 - 05/03/01 02:53 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Just give it time and don't mess with it.

"Ha ha" -- Nelson

"Never trade or buy from DXMHEAD420... he ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds