Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
unexpected growth
    #3040423 -

I took out the jars I used last time, and cleaned them all with dishwasher detergent. I then filled them using PF tek (whole rye grain + vermiculite). I didnt have time to steralize right then, and i left for about 24 hrs. When I got back, to my suprise every jar was filling up with mycelenium growth. It looked a bit different than usual, there was alot of pins, and long stringy mycelenium as opposed to the fluffy looking stuff that usually forms.

I decided to steralize them anyway, figuring it will kill the current growth and I would start fresh. I did this and when they came out, all the old growth was still visible but its a dead looking brown color. I then inoculated them all w/a syringe.

Im just wondering if the dead growth will affect my cakes in any way?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3040431 -

whoa damnit i did that but then i used rubbing ach wonder if it was mushies or contam


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3040495 -

did u put spores int he cakes? or did mycellinium magically pop up?


--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.


_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.


Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3040549 -

magically popped up. This dishwater detergent may not be anti-bacterial is my only guess.

This stuff def didnt look like contamination, it was white strands with alot of long skinny pins.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3040570 -

In a matter of hours?....I don't think so....you got pics to prove it?


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #3040606 -

read my post carefully. It took about 24 hours, and yes I do have pics. I steralized every jar except one, I wanted to see how it will end up. Ill upload pics in a few minutes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #3040675 -






Sorry pics are crappy, I took them with my cellphone camera. the mycelenium growth is spread evenly in this manner all around the jar. The pic is 24hrs after I filled the jar with substrate. I didnt sterilize, and I didnt inoculate. Notice how stringy it looks. Any ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3040698 -

w/pins?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: budro1]
    #3040847 -

Looks like there is a whole cake in that jar...Did you forget to take the old cake out before you washed the jar? haha

Doesn't look real.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: VesicaP]
    #3041055 -

I had old cakes in there, and I never washed the jars after it was done about 8 months ago. When I pulled the jars out, it has little pieces of mycelinium still left over on the sides of the glass. I washed every single one of them tediously though with 'Ultra Joy Concentrated Dishwasher liquid'. It doesnt say "anti-bacterial" that I can see on the bottle. It just amazes me that so much happened in 24hrs, and not to just 1 jar, to all twelve.

I cooked 11 of the jars to sterolize them, because I was afraid if I didnt, they would all eventually go bad. I kept one of the jars as it was though, just to see how it would end up. The ones I cooked, all the white strands turned brown. This shouldnt affect my little project should it?

And yes, there is TONS of pins, thats what makes it look different from the times Ivce done this before. Long stringy stems with little dots for caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3041139 -

that is a nasty fungus that will not benefit your project, I am trying to find the link for that particular fungus to show you, I will post it as soon as I find it again....

the way you describe it is just like the pictures of the fungus that I saw, it grows extremely rapidly and has super tiny stems with tiny dots for pins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: cisole]
    #3041153 -

hmm, is it bad?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3041191 -

Hah, those strings are the germinated rye. I've had that happen when I let rye seed soak too long.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3041226 -

24 hours? huh. why waste the time of this forum with you contams. Dump that shit out and try again! Or better yet, eat it!

:machinegun:  :lurker: :murder:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: ]
    #3042485 -

I wanted to know if the ones I boiled and inoculated will be ok?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3042528 -

theoretically i would say they would be fine, but then again you never know...

Personally I wouldnt have inoculated them, hope it turns out ok


--------------------
is it life that keeps us going, or us that keeps life going?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3042910 -

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:3stooges: :shrug: :bitch: :bitch: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :badcomputer: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
:chainsaw: :drumming: :drumming: :drumming: :egg: :idea: :hook:
:jesus: :jesus: :jesus: :laser:


:captain:


--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.


:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: KaptKid]
    #3051806 -

huh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3052274 -

those are roots lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: unexpected growth [Re: kaky711]
    #3052298 -

did you simmer your grains before putting in the jar??? And that isnt really PF tek btw.


--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

  Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* unexpected growth insanity_420 724 5 10/21/04 09:58 PM
by insanity_420
* What are these stringy things on my casing called? mikey420 1,960 9 06/06/03 06:40 AM
by koraks
* VERY stringy myc. SteppinRazer 861 2 11/22/01 02:34 PM
by doomsday
* 8 days, no signs of growth.. discman1 952 9 08/24/04 06:10 PM
by UncleMike
* Jar growth pattern EMM 1,607 7 01/05/02 01:56 AM
by felix
* Fast growth in my cakes? MushroomFriend 2,060 19 12/20/04 03:39 PM
by NOS4A2
* Re: Stringy Mycelium Lizard King 4,699 4 07/11/00 12:36 PM
by Anonymous
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,575 24 03/19/05 07:45 AM
by scatmanrav

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,203 topic views. 10 members, 91 guests and 171 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.