Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home.
    #3048520 -

Pretty damn good. I'm trying to eat healthier, and fruit has worked well for me in the past. Here's a recipe I just came up with:

1 skinned & deseeded guava
1 handful of blueberries
A couple tablespoons low-fat vanilla yougurt
half a scoop vanilla ice cream (In this case, Friendly's chocolate chip after I took some chocolate chips out)

A blended together with organic milk added inbetween blending it. Just enough to make it more liquidy.

It tastes much better than those bottled smoothy drinks and is probably cheaper too. Anybody have any other healthy stuff they make?


--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: Twirling]
    #3048774 -

hmmm, can I have some :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: Twirling]
    #3048783 -

The title of this thread really REALLY made me start craving a blueberry muffin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: MOTH]
    #3048808 -

Coffee is pretty low in calories.. plus it gets you wired!    :drinkcoffee:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: Twirling]
    #3049082 -

guava is my favorite.


--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: stefan]
    #3049296 -

stefan said:
hmmm, can I have some :grin:



Sure! As long as you don't mind me putting some rum in! Now that sounds uber-healthy.


--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: Twirling]
    #3049337 -

Twirling said:
stefan said:
hmmm, can I have some :grin:



Sure! As long as you don't mind me putting some rum in! Now that sounds uber-healthy.



mmmm, its like an ORGY in my mouth!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: Twirling]
    #3049444 -

This thread should be in the CA forum... Maybe Ripple will move it, but...

2 ripe bananas
4 ice cubes
1 fresh egg
2/3 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup light cream
1/3 cup sugar (or to taste)

Blend well.

Makes 24oz of the bananaiest banana milk shake ever.

Add 2-3oz Bacardi 151 rum if you want to get buzzana.  :nut:


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: TM]
    #3049502 -

99 bananas would do better in that smoothie.


--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: TM]
    #3049538 -

TripMeister said:
1 fresh egg



Raw egg? Isn't there something dangerous about that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: Twirling]
    #3049560 -

Naw!

As long as it's fresh and has been kept refigerated, no problem.

I've been doing these for years and never had any indication of a problem.

Actually they are quite healthy (other than the obvious cholesterol).


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: TM]
    #3049577 -

Oh, so like farm fresh, but not Super-market fresh then?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: Twirling]
    #3049592 -

All I buy is supermarket eggs.

They're fine.

You know that mayonaise is 70% raw egg, don't you?

EDIT:

Whoops... 30%


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Edited by TripMeister (08/25/04 05:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A blueberry-guava smoothie I just made at home. [Re: TM]
    #3049835 -

I'll have to try that then!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* learning to make smoothies hobbitxkillyou 952 10 04/28/06 03:46 PM
by pod3
* Anyone make a good smoothie?
( 1 2 all )
InTheFlesh714 2,299 29 10/13/06 03:21 AM
by InTheFlesh714
* Fruit Smoothies RandalFlagg 683 6 07/08/07 12:10 AM
by truekimbo2
* Smoothy Recipies Dickhead 2,159 14 06/16/05 02:54 AM
by flowstone
* Homemade Smoothies CherryBomM 799 6 01/23/06 08:41 PM
by AliceDee
* Smoothies Cepheus 386 2 12/17/06 06:52 PM
by hoopershroomer
* . z_x_x_z 481 4 05/28/05 09:31 PM
by ToolTroll
* do you like blueberries or blackberries better
( 1 2 3 4 all )
sucklesworth 7,281 71 03/16/05 07:38 AM
by sucklesworth

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,525 topic views. 5 members, 77 guests and 190 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.