Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
LBM id please
    #3043058 -

I found these today on a pile of stable shavings after a modest rain. This I my first ID request, so I hope I have included everything.

Habitat: I found it growing on horse manure and whatever horse people use as bedding for their horses. A couple of the mushrooms in the five or so I got were growing as a cluster.

Cap: It was a brownish yellow when I picked it and almost looked greenish with the brown manure in the background. The scans you see are about twelve hours old and they have become a beige yellow. The largest cap (I got) was about 3 cms across.

Gills: Deep brown gills. The gills were not attached to the stock. (They could have been adnexed but it did not seem like that when they were fresh. Sub-close spacing. (When they were fresh, it seemed like at the outer edge of the cap, one long ridge was interspersed with one short one.) When I twisted off the stock on the mushroom I was to use for the sporeprint, it pulled away easily.

Stock: The diameter was about 4 or 5 mils on the largest specimen, going down from there. At the top of the stock, just before it met the gills, there were some striations. I am not sure if that was from the spores falling on the stock. The stock on the largest specimen was almost 4 cm long.



[url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-35/335042003-Annulus: Nothing I could see.

Thanks. This is my first LBM id, so your opinion/suggestions are particularly welcome.

Edited by wallace (08/24/04 06:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LBM id please [Re: wallace]
    #3043424 -

That looks very much like your other post; they are probably the same mushroom, some inactive possibly poisonous species of the genus Agrocybe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LBM id please [Re: shroomydan]
    #3043705 -


this is cool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* non-active LBM id please wallace 1,450 3 05/02/05 01:08 PM
by ToxicMan
* second LBM id please wallace 1,171 4 08/25/04 07:16 AM
by wallace
* another LBM id please wallace 1,434 6 09/21/04 12:24 PM
by mjshroomer
* LBM ID in Pacific Northwest liquidblue32 1,621 5 07/14/05 12:30 AM
by ToxicMan
* LBM ID...Psathyrella or Psilosybe? Anonymous 1,736 6 11/25/02 02:01 AM
by Dobie
* LBM id please wallace 1,197 6 09/18/04 08:08 PM
by cosmicsea
* Today's LBMs (ID please) *DELETED* caller11 2,937 15 11/15/03 11:56 PM
by floccopus
* LBM ID help xIcy 1,405 10 02/21/05 02:18 PM
by xIcy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,134 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 37 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.