Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I found these today on a pile of stable shavings after a modest rain. This I my first ID request, so I hope I have included everything.
Habitat: I found it growing on horse manure and whatever horse people use as bedding for their horses. A couple of the mushrooms in the five or so I got were growing as a cluster.
Cap: It was a brownish yellow when I picked it and almost looked greenish with the brown manure in the background. The scans you see are about twelve hours old and they have become a beige yellow. The largest cap (I got) was about 3 cms across.
Gills: Deep brown gills. The gills were not attached to the stock. (They could have been adnexed but it did not seem like that when they were fresh. Sub-close spacing. (When they were fresh, it seemed like at the outer edge of the cap, one long ridge was interspersed with one short one.) When I twisted off the stock on the mushroom I was to use for the sporeprint, it pulled away easily.
Stock: The diameter was about 4 or 5 mils on the largest specimen, going down from there. At the top of the stock, just before it met the gills, there were some striations. I am not sure if that was from the spores falling on the stock. The stock on the largest specimen was almost 4 cm long.
[url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-35/335042003-Annulus: Nothing I could see.
Thanks. This is my first LBM id, so your opinion/suggestions are particularly welcome.