Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
Agar
    #3007951 - 08/16/04 01:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

this knomish elf i know (50% gnome 50% elf) in the parallel universe colonized agar with liginous species mycelium and wanted to know if he should cut a wedge and put it under/inbetween soaked, (boiled prior) cardboard or to put it into PF cakes? if in cakes should one put it on top of the dry verm layer or in? please explain in depth, how to put the agar into cakes or to the best of your ability. thanks.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: Agar [Re: OOISI]
    #3008236 - 08/16/04 05:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

if you want a isolation from agar in a pf jar i have no idea how to get it past the dry verm barrier. if you made grain jars you could eaisily transfer a few wedges because there is no dry verm on top.

if you really want what is on the agar inside of a PF jar, i would transfer a wedge to a Karo jar and make liquid myc. syringes, then you could inject through the verm barrier.

hope that helps a little

--------------------

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #3008240 - 08/16/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Mostly people cut many small pieces and place them into pced grain jars, then shake to mix. no verm layer.
I preffer to add agar pieces to pced fine wood chips, of the sort youll end up colonising.

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: Agar [Re: Loki]
    #3008289 - 08/16/04 07:10 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

my 'theoretical' brother sterilized some pf jars in a sauce pan. he then added Ps Cub (Hawaiian) agar wedge, just put ontop of the dry verm and his are just about fully colonized! So i was wondering if it could work with woodlovers too, anyone else done this.

Loki when adding agar wedge to sterile woodchips do you have em in a container for a certain period? if so made from what,for how long, how much woodchips and how often do you add water? with a mister? sorry for the bombardment of questions

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3009414 - 08/16/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Woodlovers will thrive when using myc syringes. I've done Ps.cyans PF style with sawdust/wheat bran then transfered a little to ziplocks with moistened cardboard pieces (9"x9") these were "filed" into a small bin and placed in an 65-70 degree area to colonize. Once colonized they were "sandwiched" between alder chips in my woodlovers biodome and placed in a cold bedroom (50-55F.) Yields were disappointing but made up for it in intensity!

The tube was cut to 8in. above substrate level BTW

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

#3022093 - 08/19/04 04:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I soak the chips in water for 12 hours, the drain, pc in a glass jar 3/4 full, water content holds fine after the soak ing, I then cool, add agar wedges and leave to colonise, shaking at 20% colonisation as you would grain.

They take from 3 weeks to just over a month to fully colonise for me.
i then add the spawn to the same type of woodchips, but unsieved, so containing larger chunks, allow to colonised outdoors, and fruit naturaly in the garden.

This is a bit of a long read, but its what i do with the wood chips once colonised

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...part=1&vc=1

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Agar [Re: Loki]
    #3022150 - 08/19/04 05:01 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How are the woodlovers tripp compared to cubbies? Differant or same?

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Re: Agar [Re: OldSpice]
    #3022161 - 08/19/04 05:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Different, closer to liberty caps imo.
Stronger and more mental than cubensis i'd say.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale