Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Manchurian candidate
    #2979360 -

Anyone see this? It was pretty intense.. overall great acting, decent plot.. I rate it 4/5...I also must admit Meryl Streep was sexy in a scene, YIKES never thought I would say that about such an old woman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2979987 -

Just on a side note, I saw that new tom cruise movie, Collateral, last night and it fucking sucked monkey balls.

Carry on.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2980014 -

I saw the village a couple days ago

A lot of people think it sucked, but the twist was definitely interesting

I'd give it a 3/5


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2980043 -

has anyone seen the bourne supremacy yet?

i just watched the bourne identity for the first time the other day and overall i liked it.

i'm sure i'll wait till it comes out for rental cause i'm poor, but just wondering how it was.


--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."


Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2980185 -

ooh! that's the one i want to see. the bourne identity was pretty cool...so i'm thinking i'll like the bourne supremacy too.


--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2980270 -

The original version of, "The manchurian Candidate," was very good; especially, when framed within the political climate of its time. If you're a student of history, then I highly recommend the original.

However, I'm staging a personal, "wait 'till it comes out on cable," boycott of the remake, as I do with most remakes. I'll not cross that picket-line until Hollywood gets some class, and starts hiring some writers! :laugh:

PS: I'm an old coot, who's also against the colorizing black and white films... :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: Papaver]
    #2980521 -

i had to write a paper on the original 'manchurian candidate', it was very good!:thumbup:  i hope the re-release gets more people to check it out.


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2981122 -

I just saw the Bourne Supremacy last night and I thought it was a great movie.  Very entertaining.  :smile:  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: TheDude]
    #2981393 -

Yeah, the original film was a Cold War masterpiece. It's right up there with, "On the Beach," and, "Fail-Safe." It was also highly intertwined with its contemporary political climate. Here's a couple of pieces of trivia about that...

"Prior to commissioning of the book as a movie, Arthur Krim, the then President of United Artists and Finance Chairman of the Democratic Party, is known to have felt uneasy about its subject matter. President John F. Kennedy, as a favor to his friend Frank Sinatra, called Krim to let him know that he had no objection to a film version being made.

After John F. Kennedy's assassination in 1963, the film was pulled from circulation by owner Frank Sinatra, who was concerned that some would draw parallels between Lee Harvey Oswald and the film's brainwashed assassin. (He had also heard a rumor that Oswald saw the film before killing Kennedy.) After nearly 25 years, Sinatra relented and allowed a re-release in 1987."


Although, I was born in the sixties, I didn't get to see the movie until after the Berlin Wall had come down...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Manchurian candidate [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2984711 -

I knew nothing about the original so I was quite impressed with this whole thing.

Somebody was telling me that John Kerry could indeed be the real deal. I naturally told him Bush could have beat him to it


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* shooter was a manchurian canidate Doctor Sponge 649 15 01/14/13 03:21 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Dem. Presidential Candidate Martin O'Malley apologized for saying "All lives matter"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
qman 8,012 253 07/25/15 05:35 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* Google’s plan for quantum computer supremacy musiclover420 426 14 08/31/16 07:22 PM
by 404
* Shroomery Party Primary Election Home Stretch Free for All Candidate Question Bombardment Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
ballsalsaMDiscord 14,390 167 11/03/15 07:11 PM
by makaveli8x8
* The Bourne Identity - The Bourne Supremacy felix 791 5 07/05/04 01:34 PM
by Ripple
* "Most corrupt/bigoted candidate of all time": A rant morrowasted 155 2 10/18/16 01:48 PM
by specialpeopleclub
* Why Donald Trump and Bernie are the Only Sensible Candidates.
( 1 2 3 all )
Webster10 3,846 40 01/11/16 02:24 PM
by ballsalsa
* Marginalizing Political Candidates starfire_xes 345 5 05/22/11 06:02 PM
by starfire_xes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
869 topic views. 3 members, 9 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.