Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods * 1
    #29679748 -






First ever grow with school B+ and that goldantacher tried multiple innoc methods I have 2 rice bags currently showing amazing signs of inoculation as well as my jars but I also made 2 jars of liquid culture “broth/nutrient” I would like any and all opinions and or advice for me long term I understand the g2g method and what not but I just don’t have a pressure cooker large enough for that atm I need advice on when to break and shake I have 36 grain jars currently inoculating just to prevent contam and have my highest chance of success with multiple controlled setups


--------------------

Edited by MrEntheogenic (09/27/26 01:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: MrEntheogenic]
    #29679752 -

Quote:
I understand the g2g method and what not but I just don’t have a pressure cooker large enough for that



Why would you need a bigger pressure cooker to do grain to grain? Obviously could be done between small grains jar too.

Or maybe you mean you don't have a still air box big enough?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: MrEntheogenic] * 1
    #29679755 -

MrEntheogenic said:
I also made 2 jars of liquid culture “broth/nutrient”



So, if you made the LC using spores, people here will tell you it's not a reliable method. Spores are dirty, so if you drop them into water the chance you multiple some bacteria or mold is pretty large. What is more reliable is to start spores on agar, one or two drops of a syringe, and then transfer from this agar to LC and grain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #29679758 -

What size is your PC?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #29679762 -

To answer both of your questions, regarding the G2G method, I’m primarily looking for information on scaling up from half-pint jars to larger containers, such as 32 oz jars. Specifically, I’m trying to understand the best approach for sterilizing approximately two-thirds of a 32 oz jar while minimizing the risk of contamination, especially since I don’t currently have a pressure cooker large enough to accommodate that size. I’ve also outsourced my liquid cultures, and I’d be happy to provide the company’s information to anyone interested in learning more about them. Based on the research I’ve done so far, everything appears to be going well, but my main reason for posting is to learn more about the G2G method from a bulk-scale efficiency perspective. I’m also interested in learning about the best methods for maintaining sterile materials for longer-term storage so they can be readily available whenever I’m ready to begin another research project. Thank you in advance for any information, advice, or resources you can provide!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: langten69]
    #29679763 -

It is 6qt


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: MrEntheogenic]
    #29679773 -

You can tilt your jars diagonally, and pc them separately. I realize this will take time but its possible. It is how TC Stipe n Cap does it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29679789 -

I personally wouldn't do g2g unless I was making my own inoculant and could verify that it's 100% clean. Even a single mold Spore or bacteria will cause problems in a g2g. It needs to be 100% clean which in my experience is a lot harder to achieve than most people think.

Unless you're perfect with agar I wouldn't do any kind of expansion or Corner cutting methods. You'll just end up wasting a bunch of materials and frustrated


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29679793 -

You can wrap your tools that you want to keep sterile inside of aluminum foil and PC them and just take them out of the foil when you need to use them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: MrEntheogenic] * 1
    #29679798 -

Welcome! Glad to see you getting into mushroom cultivation:):mushroom2: it's a super fun hobby. You will find the greatest level of success and satisfaction with this hobby by learning to make and utilize agar. It will also be greatly to your benefit to read and follow the hitchikers guide to the shroomery. It will take your mushroom cultivation game to a whole new level. Best of luck and please keep us posted if you have anymore questions along the way:hug:

I've attached links for the following below. Happy growing!:mushroom2:

Agar tek
Hitchhikers guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: Agar Wedge]
    #29679824 -

You might look into unicorn bags if you want to get the max amount of grains at once in your smaller pc, it will fill the space better than individual jars. If you have some inoculant that you're quite confident in, would be a good candidate for larger bags.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #29679850 -

Thank you for the advice I’m not too confident honestly just yet I’ve been pretty bad about keeping everything in my SAB covered with 70% iso shells horrible and obviously I can’t flame sterilize cause it’s a literal bomb haha but I just want to risk contam very little


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: Agar Wedge]
    #29679852 -

I’m thinking about ordering agar plates any recommendations?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: MrEntheogenic]
    #29679859 -

The cell treat 100mm x 15mm plates are great, I used them for a long time. Can get a 500 pack for around $90

Personally I prefer the pyrex 100mmx15mm these days, less waste and saves money in the long run. They are excellent. Though they are more work and costly. Though many use cheaper borosilicate brands without issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: langten69]
    #29680343 -

Thank you! All the diy methods say do not do this I shall give it a try next run


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: MrEntheogenic]
    #29680354 -

Gonna be contrarian, I vouch on sauce containers 3.25oz in volume, for agar.





I do 70ish in one sitting with 1000ml of agar.

Test any LC you consider doing on agar before innoculating grains.

Were those all brown rice? White rice?

I would focus on jars that fit your PC best rather than try to go big or go home, 6qt is a small one.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Ever Grow Tried Multiple Methods [Re: Huskies]
    #29680381 -

Here is my source i was talking about

Stipe n Cap definitely knows his shiz

Stipe-n Cap said:
Liquid Culture









Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pre-made grow bags AllyKat 5,177 2 08/08/08 10:17 AM
by nonwo
* how do I grow shrooms with out spores stwangetweezer 2,967 15 07/11/02 01:17 AM
by PsilosKube
* first timer, myco bags or reg PF Tek method?? gonzosthompson 3,384 4 10/08/02 06:09 PM
by Audi0
* Old Timer's method Dvoid 3,739 12 05/09/01 09:33 PM
by Hippie3
* The InKe Method InKe 2,013 8 12/21/01 12:32 PM
by SexWizard
* Methods of Growing..! nestafy 1,714 3 08/12/01 11:53 AM
by mrshrums
* The InKe Method InKe 1,025 1 01/14/02 05:47 PM
by pleezr
* PLEASE HELP WITH SHROOM WIZARD'S CASING METHOD!!!? ERaSMuS 1,528 2 06/12/01 09:48 PM
by egolesss

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
150 topic views. 18 members, 178 guests and 292 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.