Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Where should I post to ask questions?
    #29678767 -

I posted on the nooby forum about some contamination, and nobody responded:sad:

Heres my post

It was a pretty simple contamination post with some details, but it got barely any views and no replies. But now I have more questions that need answering. Like, I think I'm going to sift out the unhealthy-looking grain and spawn whatever's left into shoe boxes. Obviously, I have no idea if this is a good idea or a waste of substrate, but I think imma do it anyway.

Quote:
My question is, Ive heard from everywhere that there should be a healthy layer of water droplets over the surface of the substrate as the primordia grow, but I wasn't noticing that? So I grabbed one of my tubs, tub #2, and sprayed all the dry parts of the tub and a little directly at the air/substrate.



- From my journal entry of my most recent grow
My theory on this question is that my bulk substrate isn't wet enough. It's actually pretty dry.

I think that's all for now. Also, if there are any good write-ups on the "introducing fruiting conditions" thing with just a bunch of general juicy information about transitioning from primordia to pins, that would be cool too.
THANKS


--------------------

My current grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: Gree]
    #29678772 -

Right Here mate. You'll get far more replies there.

Welcome to the shroomery!


--------------------

Edited by SkanskKorv (09/26/26 08:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: Gree]
    #29678803 -

Gree said:
I posted on the nooby forum about some contamination, and nobody responded:sad:

Heres my post

It was a pretty simple contamination post with some details, but it got barely any views and no replies. But now I have more questions that need answering. Like, I think I'm going to sift out the unhealthy-looking grain and spawn whatever's left into shoe boxes. Obviously, I have no idea if this is a good idea or a waste of substrate, but I think imma do it anyway.

Quote:
My question is, Ive heard from everywhere that there should be a healthy layer of water droplets over the surface of the substrate as the primordia grow, but I wasn't noticing that? So I grabbed one of my tubs, tub #2, and sprayed all the dry parts of the tub and a little directly at the air/substrate.



- From my journal entry of my most recent grow
My theory on this question is that my bulk substrate isn't wet enough. It's actually pretty dry.

I think that's all for now. Also, if there are any good write-ups on the "introducing fruiting conditions" thing with just a bunch of general juicy information about transitioning from primordia to pins, that would be cool too.
THANKS



Sorry that happened! You can also directly ask most people who are more experienced directly, and we'd be happy to help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: tbone8352]
    #29678808 -

Also, here is a great place to start with bulk. The Easy AF teks are ... well ... easy as fuck!

https://www.shroomery.org/13986/Simplified-Cultivation-Methods-Easy-As-Fuck-link-list-Trusted-Culvator-links-and-methods-and-other-cultivation-info


--------------------
"You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, 'Look at that, you son of a bitch.'"

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29678811 -

MODERN FRUITING CONDITIONS

And if you think your substrate is too dry, you can add water by pouring it around the edges of the substrate and it will soak in within 24 hours, then drain the remaining water

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: Gree]
    #29678902 -

The Noob forum is rarely used, except by accident or by being referred there from very old posts. I wish authors of those posts would edit out any reference to the noob forum.

You are posting now in the correct place right here in Mush Cult forum making your own personal thread.

There are a lot of issues with your grow. I can tell you have read a lot here already. But I suggest you read more starting with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery.

I do have questions for you. Did you inoculate your grain with a spore syringe? That is not recommended. It can work and sometimes does, but a very high contamination rate is likely.
Best to inoculate with clean mycelium on agar.

Do you use agar? Did you sterilize the grain your self with a pressure cooker or buy it premade?  Do you even have a pressure cooker? If not there are other methods.

These are some of the things you have to consider when starting a grow. 

Welcome to The Shroomery. Ask any other questions related to your grow in this thread. No doubt we will be able to help you out.


--------------------
The Combo Tek - Easy grow method for newbies and pros alike

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: veggie]
    #29678908 -

I had a look at the bag in question and I'm gonna suggest it's bacterial. The growth pattern is very much indicative of that even though the grain appears reasonably well hydrated. Insufficient sterilization is my guess. Guess the guy running the grain decided to clock out a few minutes early.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: langten69]
    #29679040 -

I'm reading this right now. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. I definitely want to try the water thing. I'm not sure if you saw the grow log, but my tubs are at the primordial stage right now.

These pictures are from about 2 days ago. More primordia have formed since then. Would it still be smart to pour the water at this time?
Thanks again :takingnotes:


--------------------

My current grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: SkanskKorv]
    #29679134 -

Thank you:hug:


--------------------

My current grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: tbone8352]
    #29679136 -

When you mean directly, do you mean like PM them? That's kinda intimidating lol, or like reply to their post and stuff?
Also, I'll check out that link you sent in the other reply. THANKS BRUDDA:takingnotes:


--------------------

My current grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: veggie]
    #29679145 -

Oops, I accidentally replied to the wrong one!
Edit:
I did inoculate my grain bags, and I also sterilized them as well, using a PC. I thought my process was pretty decent; I've run the PC like 3 times. I failed pretty badly the first time, and then the next 2 were better. My mom really hates it when I run the PC, so I haven't in a while. I probably should soon tho lol, if I'm gonna wanna keep myself in this hobby.

Honestly, for the spore syringe thing, I don't really remember; I ordered a bunch online before I knew the difference between liquid culture and spore syringe, and I had a couple of both. I remember because some of the syringes had black clouds and some had white. But recently I have been studying up on the topic and have a basic understanding of the difference, and I regret buying spore syringes.

Thanks:rockon:


--------------------

My current grow log

Edited by Gree (09/26/26 04:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29679156 -

Well, yeah, I was the guy "running the grain" lol. I'll have to go extra long next time; It's been a while. I think I did, like, an hour and a half on the PC, if that's what you mean by running the grain?


--------------------

My current grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: Gree]
    #29679254 -

Gree said:
Well, yeah, I was the guy "running the grain" lol. I'll have to go extra long next time; It's been a while. I think I did, like, an hour and a half on the PC, if that's what you mean by running the grain?




Yeah I meant the length of the PC run. You definitely need to up that time, I would do 3.5 hours for a 4 lb bag (not sure how much you were doing but 90 mins was definitely not enough) myself. One of the drawbacks of bags is you can’t just increase the pressure to short the time a bit. 17 psi is the highest I would dare take a bag, too much risk of pinholes past that.

Try and use the quote function to reply to multiple people in one post. It’s “technically” against the rules to “bump” your own post in a 24 hour period. It’s rarely enforced but considered to be good etiquette.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29679317 -

:takingnotes:

Oh shoot, mb i didnt even know about the quote feature. I'll start using that from now on, thanks!


--------------------

My current grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where should I post to ask questions? [Re: Gree]
    #29679498 -

Gree said:
When you mean directly, do you mean like PM them? That's kinda intimidating lol, or like reply to their post and stuff?
Also, I'll check out that link you sent in the other reply. THANKS BRUDDA:takingnotes:



Yeah just DM people if you can't seem to get questions answered. Worst thing that would happen is we're busy and don't reply!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: I know this belongs in hunting/general questions, no one replies over there tho. Anonymous 931 6 05/18/00 10:26 PM
by Anonymous
* A QUICK QUESTION....NEED FAST REPLY PLZ MushroomBoy123 1,298 10 05/23/02 09:33 PM
by MushroomBoy123
* another simple question phishphan 704 5 03/31/02 06:37 PM
by Roadkill
* newbie questions - & - special thanx juggalo 998 3 02/11/02 05:04 PM
by Anonymous
* humidity question for casings
( 1 2 all )
cbull 4,399 33 05/27/02 07:01 AM
by indicaz
* newbie questions pt.2 Anonymous 1,306 8 06/16/02 03:06 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Questions from a beginner please read. JustinJG 1,435 10 10/07/01 11:07 PM
by Abudiwa
* Deleted posts?? Shamrox 708 7 06/30/03 02:51 AM
by angryshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
165 topic views. 10 members, 114 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.