Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 |
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Anomalocaris]
    #29608258 -

I'd give it a day or 2 more before thinking something is off. They don't seem like anything is wrong with the pins other then stalling.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Bigworm] * 7
    #29619259 -

Whaddup tub growers, I've been meaning to post over here, I have 3 12 qt, 2 6qt, a gallon zip, and my original Mono tub 66qt going currently.  I just wanted to thank everyone for inspiring me to get back to playing with tubs and pans.  I rocked a Mono years ago, did ok, but I always wanted a rematch with passive systems, so... HERE we are. 

Back story... Once Upon a Time, in a land far far away... there was an old Peace River print that was put to Agar.  I selected 4 areas I liked the most, T1 transfer and the tiniest piece of myc to jelly jars.  I labelled them 1-4 and I kept 3/4 (clean).  The other two were slightly bacterial, would have been an easy clean up, but SLOW so... YA gotta GO! 

Colonized very quickly for being such a tiny piece of agar.  I shook them twice since I started with very little material.  No issues with shaking, and recovered in 8-10 hours, if you don't see anything within 24, it's not good.  So, jelly jars all good, G2G to 4 quart jars, and I did 2 agar drops of 4, and one of the 3rd culture. I honestly expected to lose jars, it happens, but there was only one I didn't like, possible yeast infection, and I jinxed myself.  I was talking about how the filters don't come off, well... it did and needs to be permatexed back on.  I have a couple like this that need repaired, no worries, I have enough jars for about 3 cycles, when I'm pushing hard with edible blocks.  The G2G jars of #4 were so fast, 6-7 days and thats making sure they are colonized all the way.  The agar drops were 12 days, just under two weeks, they were never going to beat the G2G jars.  I dumped the #3 jar, so 6 quarts of TOO much pan spawn. 

Most of these are manure based and 5 days to primordia, and 7 to pins, I cased right over the pins, low spawn rate 1/6 so I wasn't expecting pins already.  Two 12's are 1/6 but the others are right around 1/4. 

The bag, Mono, and the other 12 qt are CV+, I ran out of manure, and I've been itchin' to try nutrients out.  I have seen people using hydro nutrients as well experimenting, part of the thrill trying something new. 

Lets GO... TUB Grows!

 








Edited by MushLuvR77 (07/07/26 12:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29628196 -

:aweoverdose:
Fuck yea MushLuvR77

That post hit me in the feels πŸ₯°


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Dala] * 6
    #29628273 -

pan india did alright in the sb/mono.  no canopy but nice solid mushrooms.  looking forward to doing again!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: stagger]
    #29629162 -

Those are tall, is that the Bisporus or the Pan India, either way, wonderful looking fruits, the stipes and caps are beautiful, wonderful work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29629319 -

thanks, they're India.  was fruiting during a small heat wave and everything was stretching.  I hope they're not too fussy about winter temps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: stagger] * 3
    #29629338 -







All grown in 6 and 12qt tubs, the 12's did the best.  That's about the best I could do without completely destroying the humidity in the tub, you can see with the cracks I was pushing the limit.

You can see here I started figuring out the environment I was working with, tubs are fun, it's where I started and still enjoy them here and there.




Taller fruits, I dubbed them for a day or 2 to finish up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: MushLuvR77] * 4
    #29665626 -

:threadmonitor:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Baba Yaga] * 4
    #29665980 -

I just wanted to comment by saying that I'm impressed by this thread! Its going to be a minute before I finish it but just wow! Awesome content

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: allenii] * 1
    #29673329 -

Just confirming the unmodified tub tek works good for cubes too! I've been struggling to get pans to fruit. I'm doing fruit@Spawn/ unmodified shoebox and it just gets mad overlay. I've had 2 shoe boxes overly, bruise, then a whole lot of myco piss. I'm determined to get these to grow though. Thanks for the Write up Baba, its been very helpful in my journey!


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Lo-Z] * 2
    #29673493 -

Anyone ever throw a box fan on a cycle timer for their pan monos?  It’s what I use for my ziplocks and it helps A LOT with morphology.  Also works on jcm chambers so I don’t see why it wouldn’t for a mono.  I do 3 min every 2 hours.  Fans on low from about 5’ away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #29673497 -

In open room or what


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: bloodssonnew] * 2
    #29673510 -

Yeah, just pointed at the tub(s).  With the appropriate amount and sized holes in the container, it works well to give a boost of fae and rh drop that pans appreciate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29673511 -

Lo-Z said:
Just confirming the unmodified tub tek works good for cubes too! I've been struggling to get pans to fruit. I'm doing fruit@Spawn/ unmodified shoebox and it just gets mad overlay. I've had 2 shoe boxes overly, bruise, then a whole lot of myco piss. I'm determined to get these to grow though. Thanks for the Write up Baba, its been very helpful in my journey!




Are you growing oe of them pans that tend to produce overlay like TTBVI. I have not grown them yet so can't speak from experience. I also do not compress my substrate which leaves it less dense. Just from my experience with what I have grown Id say you could try more FAE right fro the beginning, when I fruit @ spawn I give it as much FAE so the top does start to dry out a little by the time the mycelium starts to appear.

So what faht said could possibly help indeed.

Metabolites are common once the surface it fully covered with thick mycelium. Maybe throw on a casing but overlay doesn't necessarily mean it is not going to fruit. I did a few experiments with half cased tubs or with a tub where I scratche half of the overlay and it didn't make much of a difference.




I can't wait to get a few tubs going as I haven't grown in almost a couple of years and feel out of touch with the matter.


Have you got any photos??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: fahtster]
    #29673513 -

fahtster said:
Yeah, just pointed at the tub(s).  With the appropriate amount and sized holes in the container, it works well to give a boost of fae and rh drop that pans appreciate




:takingnotes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #29673654 -

fahtster said:
Anyone ever throw a box fan on a cycle timer for their pan monos?  It’s what I use for my ziplocks and it helps A LOT with morphology.  Also works on jcm chambers so I don’t see why it wouldn’t for a mono.  I do 3 min every 2 hours.  Fans on low from about 5’ away.



I'm building a heated water tub right now, and I'm planning to use a house fan on a timer for supplemental fresh air.

I'm chosing this route because I need my pan setup to be set and forget since I travel for work.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #29673839 -

Baba Yaga said:
Are you growing oe of them pans that tend to produce overlay like TTBVI.



Yes as a matter of fact it is TTBVI exactly.


Baba Yaga said:
I also do not compress my substrate which leaves it less dense.



This is something I should try. I dont compress it heavily but I do pat it down and level it.


Baba Yaga said:
Just from my experience with what I have grown Id say you could try more FAE right fro the beginning, when I fruit @ spawn I give it as much FAE so the top does start to dry out a little by the time the mycelium starts to appear.



I followed your unmodified tub tek with the sticky tack to create the gap between the tub and the lid (cubes and reishi love it). However it was in a shoebox and not the bigger tub that you used. I did start to use MP Tape to control/ limit FAE when the tubs started to look dry dry. Once the mycelium covered the top I misted it once a d then the whole thing became solid mat of bruised overlay












By this picture I had lifted the tub and cracked the substrate on accident. At that point I gave up on it and chose to start over.



Baba Yaga said:
So what faht said could possibly help indeed.

Metabolites are common once the surface it fully covered with thick mycelium. Maybe throw on a casing but overlay doesn't necessarily mean it is not going to fruit. I did a few experiments with half cased tubs or with a tub where I scratche half of the overlay and it didn't make much of a difference.



So what im hearing here is MUCH more FAE like almost a breeze in the room to cycle the air (in a controlled time cycle)

I was honestly trying to avoid a casing because #ImLazy but if thats what it takes ill have to try it out.

The overlay was about 1/4 inch thick. But the moment the mist hit it, it seemed to started a downward spiral of not looking good. Based off this interaction it almost seems as though they prefer the dryer side of things.

I have a 7qt shoebox and a 15qt shoe'ish box going. Just spawned them yesterday so we'll see how this run goes.


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29673889 -

You can use a fork to till the overlay to restart the surface conditions without discarding the whole grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: langten69]
    #29674001 -

langten69 said:
You can use a fork to till the overlay to restart the surface conditions without discarding the whole grow



I actually did this but it didn't want to grow back over the center, just a few parts along the side. it was easier for me to try to start over than diagnose what was wrong with it. (I've made a dumb amount of LC of all my best plates)

I think it went bacterial over time because it started to smell of slight ammonia a week after i tilled it. Not quite sure what happened. I made a few quart grain run and all the jars looked healthy. I just harvested some cubes from the same grain run. The TTBVI acted much much faster and different than the cubes though. So I'm not sure if it was 1 bad quart out of the 4 I made? All the spawn looked healthy.

I'm still learning though so call it ignorance?


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ PANAEOLUS IN MONO TUBS 3.0 πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29674033 -

Lo-Z said:
Yes as a matter of fact it is TTBVI exactly.





They are notorious for producing a thick overlay and I don't have first hand experience with them so only going from my own logic here.



Lo-Z said:
This is something I should try. I dont compress it heavily but I do pat it down and level it.





That is what I am doing as well and it works for me but since I have not grown TTBVI it cold be something to mitigate the issue.



Lo-Z said:
I followed your unmodified tub tek with the sticky tack to create the gap between the tub and the lid (cubes and reishi love it). However it was in a shoebox and not the bigger tub that you used. I did start to use MP Tape to control/ limit FAE when the tubs started to look dry dry. Once the mycelium covered the top I misted it once a d then the whole thing became solid mat of bruised overlay




How fast does it start to dry out, in an unmodified 30ish quart tub it starts to get light around the 5 day mark.



Lo-Z said:
So what im hearing here is MUCH more FAE like almost a breeze in the room to cycle the air (in a controlled time cycle)

I was honestly trying to avoid a casing because #ImLazy but if thats what it takes ill have to try it out.

The overlay was about 1/4 inch thick. But the moment the mist hit it, it seemed to started a downward spiral of not looking good. Based off this interaction it almost seems as though they prefer the dryer side of things.

I have a 7qt shoebox and a 15qt shoe'ish box going. Just spawned them yesterday so we'll see how this run goes.





The fruiting @ spawn works best when you keep the surface from getting overgrown. The surface should be just not moist enough for the mycelium to
keep growing, it will stop below or just on the surface and will get ready for the moment when it starts "raining". At least that is how I explain it
for myself. How to treat TTBVI to achieve this or if this is even a feasible way to approach them I don't know. Maybe they really do need a
casing.

What I have found though for my grows is that the substrate is not ready to fruit if there is no signs of knotting. I keep looking for knots on the
side of the tub and change conditions once I see a few.

A casing is good to have around though cause it just gives you one more option and if you are lazy then use just verm. It's not the best option but
before I chuck out a non fruiting box I'd throw it on to see what happens and maybe get a hint on how to proceed with the next grow.

and what others said is worthwhile trying too. Have you searched the thread for TTBVI grows yet? There is a search box right at the bottom of every
page of the thread in case you have not noticed it yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mono tub condensation, helpful? Bag or no?
( 1 2 all )
mb13 4,927 20 12/13/14 06:23 PM
by taGyo
* help with mono-tub humidity and FAE!! goddessinpink 5,093 3 08/20/07 01:32 PM
by GoodbyeOrb
* Straw Log vs Mono Tub vs Casing? ShaqAttack 5,137 7 05/05/18 06:18 AM
by liamtheloser
* Form fitted pre-pan inserts for mono tubs mb13 1,570 5 04/07/08 05:37 AM
by myelination
* Mono-Tub vs Double Tub
( 1 2 all )
unknown28 15,250 33 12/17/23 02:13 PM
by TrippHillHooligan
* mono tub rye poo TheStudent 4,095 14 05/05/18 06:17 AM
by bam
* From spore print to mono tub *UPDATE* *First flush pics*
( 1 2 all )
BrainChemistry 11,230 33 11/02/09 04:04 PM
by i like cow poo
* Mono tub Questions kozoko 1,559 1 02/19/08 11:11 AM
by Rickster

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
133,461 topic views. 18 members, 100 guests and 161 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.