Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: DorkWithTheHair] * 4
    #29658278 -

@DWTH ever catch the melon snatcher?



Here we have catnip ready to dry and store over winter. 




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: space daddy] * 1
    #29658413 -

Cats and their nip are rarely kept apart for long :smirk:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: Asante]
    #29658478 -

My kitten has been nip'd out all weekend. And I do have a plant I need to get in the ground.


--------------------
:mafioso:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: MoonLit] * 2
    #29663491 -

Part 1 for my hot madness honeys recipe.  Drying my peppers.


--------------------
The better guide to grow mushrooms.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Beware the power of one.  The power of two. The power of many.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: space daddy]
    #29663594 -

space daddy said:
@DWTH ever catch the melon snatcher?



Here we have catnip ready to dry and store over winter. 







No, no I did not.  I've no more nascent melons to snatch, unfortunately.  Thinkin' it was prolly a rabbit, tho.  We've seen a few of the little buggers around the neighbourhood and those little turds will eat just about anything that ain't nailed down or spicier than Satan's asshole.

I figure that next year will see improvements to the new planting area in the form of chicken wire fencing.  Also, found a place that purports to sell that kick-ass self-fertilizing corn, which ALSO happens to be the correct colour (purple).  They even got some other interesting and/or rare seed varieties like Jadu'i melons which are native to the West Bank.

If'n I get the cash, I'd definitely like to at least get them two.  Especially the latter, just to give a little, personal "fuck you" to the IDF by propagating Palestinian plants.  Is it incredibly petty?  You bet.  Do I care?  Nope.  Will I eat the shit out of 'em and give the preserved seeds to anyone who wants 'em?  Damn right I will!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: DorkWithTheHair]
    #29664033 -

If the purple corn wasn't so bland it be better.


--------------------
The better guide to grow mushrooms.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Beware the power of one.  The power of two. The power of many.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: vicepope]
    #29664117 -

Ah, but how is it nutritionally?  You can cover up a lotta flaws w/ a bit of seasoning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: DorkWithTheHair]
    #29664800 -

DorkWithTheHair said:
Ah, but how is it nutritionally?  You can cover up a lotta flaws w/ a bit of seasoning.



Depends on the crop yeild and what your comparing it too. Example i grow golden baton each year which nutrients .
"medium ear or one serving (about 1 cup) of Golden Bantam sweet corn provides approximately 99 calories, 3.5 grams of protein, 2.4 grams of dietary fiber, and 21 grams of carbohydrates. [1] (https://davidsgardenseeds.com/products/corn-sweet-golden-bantam-12-row-100-non-gmo-heirloom-seeds)Key Nutritional Breakdown (Per Serving)Calories: ~99 kcalTotal Fat: 1.5gCarbohydrates: 21gDietary Fiber: 2.4g (supports healthy digestion)Protein: 3.5gSugars: 6.8g (naturally occurring) [1] (https://www.google.com/search?q=product&prds=pvt:hg,productid:5060944900186204601&ibp=oshop), [2] (https://davidsgardenseeds.com/products/corn-sweet-golden-bantam-12-row-100-non-gmo-heirloom-seeds)Vitamins and MineralsVitamin C: ~6.2 mg (7% Daily Value)Folate (Vitamin B9): ~36 mcg (9% Daily Value)Potassium: ~270 mg (6% Daily Value)Antioxidants: Contains carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin, which help protect and promote eye health. [1] (https://davidsgardenseeds.com/products/corn-sweet-golden-bantam-12-row-100-non-gmo-heirloom-seeds), [2] (https://www.google.com/search?q=product&prds=pvt:hg,productid:5060944900186204601&ibp=oshop)

Purple corn nutrients are harder to find.  But..
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924224426003158
I need to be able to stand the taste otherwise I'm just adding sugar to it and im already cheating my diabetes when I eat corn anyway.


--------------------
The better guide to grow mushrooms.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Beware the power of one.  The power of two. The power of many.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: vicepope]
    #29664910 -

Ahh, yeah.  Though, I wonder if the variety you had wasn't meant to be a flour corn (and just got harvested before it dried and set) and not an off-the-cob eatin' corn.  I think the one I linked was meant to be the latter, but I can't be certain; the site does tend to make that distinction, though.  But, yeah, I really don't wanna be addin' sugar to shit just to make it palatable.  That ain't the reason I'm trying to grow my own food!

At least until I try my hand at growin' my own sugar cane, lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: DorkWithTheHair] * 5
    #29666445 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: Kyhunter.B] * 5
    #29666673 -

Biggest single harvest of Reapers, yet!  Ohhh, and there's so many as well as Pepper X that are just achingly close to maturity!  Maaaaan, this is gonna be my best year yet for spicy bois!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: DorkWithTheHair] * 6
    #29668414 -

The tomato glut has begun. BLTs with basil on toasted garlic potato bread with garlic mayo and butter taste good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: The Tao] * 1
    #29668678 -

I've been gutting and dehydrating mine.  Ferment the guts to get the seeds and keep the dehydrated maters in a jar w/ a silica gel packet for long-term storage.  Now, I can not only keep growing Norfolk purples w/o buying more seeds, I can cook w/ em whenever I want!

The dehydrator is the gift that keeps on givin.  Just remember to put the mater halves on a paper towel lest they stick.  Had that happen.  It was a right bitch to clean up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: DorkWithTheHair] * 3
    #29668721 -

Eating them, giving them to neighbours, dehydrating and roasting them up then freezing. I only wanted 4 plants but ended up with 13.
And reusing old Petri dishes to ferment the gel off the seeds helps keep the yellow jacket away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: The Tao] * 2
    #29673875 -






Rainy day flowers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: space daddy] * 7
    #29673878 -

i think i did too many plants im drowning in tomatoes and peppers :blush:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: mushboy]
    #29673932 -

they look great, are those yellows bonnet? I think i wanna do them next year.

do you guys have a favorite mato for sauce/marinara?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: mushboy]
    #29674105 -

:ohwow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: JW123] * 2
    #29674536 -

yah yellow bonnets. i have a rich family history of cultivating bonnets in haiti(and being killed during slave rebellions)

for sauces i use either san marzanos or romas. for sandwiches black krims are the best. sweet 100s, sun sugar, blue indigo cherry toms for salads

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2026 Gardening Thread [Re: mushboy] * 4
    #29674834 -

:takingnotes: thanks man, gunna try them krims maybe too.  we dont really grow them every year, like this year was just 1 cherry tomato plant, but we'll try to have a variety next year...same with chili peppers,  did sweet reds this year instead:awesome:...nice haul!


picked some melons today

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need some advice: Organic herb gardening Penguin 1,156 3 05/24/04 08:38 PM
by Muppet
* Vegatable growers thread. (Spring is coming)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Loki 15,556 60 08/03/04 12:55 PM
by Loki
* . z_x_x_z 1,095 4 05/17/05 03:17 AM
by felix
* Vegetable seed swapping thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Raadt 89,870 131 09/29/25 11:58 PM
by vicepope
* garden reference link eric_the_redS 712 3 11/18/04 04:50 AM
by kadakuda
* sorta wild style garden, species help kadakuda 993 2 11/20/04 12:05 AM
by kadakuda
* The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread
( 1 2 3 all )
Remy 10,266 40 03/25/08 12:39 AM
by Psychoslut
* Poultry (and livestock) Raising thread :-) Paid 3,581 15 12/26/08 11:13 PM
by Brainiac

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
5,650 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.