Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac)
    #29632874 -

Hey!!

Penis Envy
Albino Penis Envy
Albino Penis Envy Revert
Burmese PE
Melmac

What variation/strain its more easy to cultivate/grow? And the diference of potency of this types?

Anyone can explain? Thanks!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: mobyhat]
    #29632877 -

Pe likes to blob and can be tricky for noobs xd

ape is slower to fruit and sometimes also slower colonizing grains too from what Ive experienced

Albinos can be slightly more difficult too though coulda been the cultures I had they where more sensitive to temps and was slightly slower than non albinos

And the big fatty albinos that Ive grew where definitely the slowest to colonize grains and also when spawned where the slowest to pin on top of slowest to be ready to harvest out of the cubes I've grown
Couple dozen different types of cubes n like 5 or 6 albinos

Alltogether not that much to compare to lol there's so many different types of cubes people have worked with nowadays

(Hopefully a vet can chime in and give u a answer as to what ones easyest :smile: Mush love xd)


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29632895 -

I've tried growing APE several times and have had a lot of bad luck when it comes to A2G to oats.

It looks great for the first week or so, after a B&S it clumps and stalls :frown:

My first grow, I picked out the clumps and put them in a tub. They actually colonized the sub but then trich took them out :frown:

I buried them in a hole and then put my greenhouse on to of them. I often wonder if there are mushrooms trying to grow under there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: jeffreykite]
    #29632899 -

and Melmac??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: mobyhat]
    #29632976 -

mobyhat said:
Hey!!

Penis Envy
Albino Penis Envy
Albino Penis Envy Revert
Burmese PE
Melmac

What variation/strain its more easy to cultivate/grow? And the diference of potency of this types?

Anyone can explain? Thanks!!




For many years when people said Penis Envy (PE) they meant Sporeworks penis envy (SWPE). This was really the only available cultivar at the time. Albino penis envy was a cross between SWPE and PF albino. For many years APE was the only available albino as well.

Think it would have been maybe 2016 and homestead PE was rediscovered by a persona often referred to as ALF. This line does not have the same issue with blobbing and often produces huge fruits. Many isolated fruiting strains were obtained and still privately circulated.

I have no experience with albino penis envy revert. Seems like just a cube.

Burmese PE is a cross I believe but I don’t know the which PE it was crossed with.

Melmac is a common name for the homestead line as a nod to ALF.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29632982 -

When I first started growing in 2011 I ordered spores from some website based out of Winipeg Canada.

I had a bunch of varieties, but one that stood out was a PE6 line. It just flushed like crazy and had crazy potent fruits.

I lost that line in the 12 year hiatus. I've ordered other PE6 spores but they seem different. I've often wondered if I had some kind of special genetic line.

I'm probably just suffering from nostalgia.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29632983 -

PE6 was inherently unstable and over time degraded back to just being a regular cube.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29633001 -

So...I have nice agars, and colonized grain - the origin is a PE wedge that I receive from this comunity...

The potency and grow capacity could be random? Worst than my Golden Teachers?

With 2,5 to 3,5 grs of my GT I have very nice and amazing trips...

With PE could be to much diferent?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: mobyhat]
    #29633002 -

Some of the strongest cubes I ever grew were PE. Also the weakest cube I ever grew was PE. They tend to be stronger but from spores anything can happen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29633035 -

My agars of PE are from wedge that I ask and receive in marketplace of this forum..

...and PE dont have spores..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: mobyhat] * 1
    #29633079 -

mobyhat said:
...and PE dont have spores..



Some don't, but you can get spore swabs if you are willing to wait until full maturity and cut it up to get to the gills


--------------------
Mycology is my current hyperfixation
Uncommunicated expectations are just premeditated resentments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: mobyhat]
    #29633165 -

mobyhat said:
My agars of PE are from wedge that I ask and receive in marketplace of this forum..

...and PE dont have spores..




:lolwut:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29633246 -

dont understand...

the wedges of PE from this comunity are bad??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: mobyhat]
    #29633289 -

Lmao people have collected rarer spores from true mutants evin like enigma. So... Pe does have spores unless it's specifically a cultivated version someone's selected enough n it's so hybrid it becomes spore sterile or just sporeless xd


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: mobyhat]
    #29633297 -

mobyhat said:
dont understand...

the wedges of PE from this comunity are bad??



PE produces spores but in very low quantity partially because the caps dont develop normally thus dont open fully or at all, but spores can still be collected. Idk if you thought this had anything to do with agar wedges because it don't, you can have cultures on agar that come from strains that produce zero spores and from strain that produce like normal cubes and everyting inbetween :thumbup:


Also "this community" doesnt have growers that all have the one and the same PE culture that that comes from just a single agar plate (of course) lol so your question doesnt make sense


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Edited by Mateja (07/26/26 03:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PE strains/variations doubts (PE, APE, APER, Burmese, Melmac) [Re: Mateja]
    #29633317 -

Yea kinda like what I was getting as and the legend pastywytes explained better

So many different fungi of the same time on so many different generations /clones/selections that evin if u have a bm spore from a vendor that u got 5 years ago for example.


Unless they kept a clone of the original somehow then they probably did some generational growing from spores so 5 years later u order some spores again of same type from same vendor and they grow entirely differently with different potency and speeds

Could be inbred spores and excessive indoor culture and selections could lead to completely different fungi characteristics

And the second half being spores in general are billions of random gift bags kinda.

Could get a bag of shit smells like shit n can't do nothing won't evin fruit.
Could be a weirdo blob mutant or some random cool colored spores or evin impotency or sterility of the fungi there's so much variety in fungi cult scene unless u got a clone from someone I wouldn't compare that clone exactly like it's relatives

I've had 2 different types of enigma for example. Same fungi different spores or clone one would do great with no casing the other I'd case it or it wouldn't do much.
One enigma faster growing completely skips colonizing substrate entirely and acts like the substrate is actually a casing lol and begins pinning 3 days from spawning (this one's also more potent in my opinion though also produces less flushes and fungi in total :0)0

And the other which will entirely colonize the substrate n reqs a casing after that too or it won't do much and then it colonizes casing too then finally pins. Over a month longer to cult++

Gotta love fungi man so unique


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What is the best Strain for a beginner??
( 1 2 all )
dopegud 14,473 20 09/09/03 03:36 PM
by uneasyone
* PES, PESA, and the Amazon DazedSol 1,477 1 06/15/02 04:06 PM
by Champion des Champignons
* PES Amazonian comments? JimBoB 16,800 19 09/07/02 01:19 PM
by pleezr
* P Strain Not pinning strain 3,910 7 04/22/26 04:15 AM
by Captb33
* What to do with these P strain cakes/casings? strain 2,636 1 04/20/02 04:08 PM
by World Spirit
* Mushroom strains.... dimitri8 14,600 11 06/26/04 10:48 PM
by DRSHROOM
* best strain? Broadway 34,800 18 02/09/12 01:52 PM
by Prisoner#1
* STRAIN DESCRIPTION ie the hawks eye psilocybong 10,352 15 04/10/04 12:08 PM
by llamaherder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
209 topic views. 12 members, 141 guests and 167 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.