Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Meditation...any experts in the Pub?
    #2959535 - 08/03/04 10:51 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've been trying to meditate lately. I do the technique in which I follow my breating. I am sort of wondering if I am doing it right. For instance, after about five minutes I sort of sink into this mellow daze of...well, awareness, like I am sinking into myself. Is this what is supposed to happen?

I can't do it for very long yet, but I enjoy the feeling afterwards.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Meditation...any experts in the Pub? [Re: MOTH]
    #2959540 - 08/03/04 10:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yep. just progress in the time you spend doing it and things could get more intresting too.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2959549 - 08/03/04 10:57 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yep yep yep!!!

it's defiantely to increase your conscious awareness

what do I mean by this?

if you close you  eyes for like a minute, notice what you "pick up"

what I notice is that you'll be able to pick up on more sounds....

now think if you were in a place devoid of light and sound.

you would pick up on bodily sensations.

it's just about sharpening your mind so you can pick up on the finer energies around you.  meditation is conscious focusing, and a lot of it is about settling down that rational mind and ego (the thousand voices going in your head) 

we focus on breathing because that is one of the easiest things we can focus on.  you can also do it by staring at a lit candle, but I tend to close my eyes so there's "less input"

when you calm you rational mind down, it will be you in control of your ego, and not the other way around. this will lead to an increase in energy, while lowering your blood pressure which makes you healthier. 

so like when you felt scattered...that means that all you ahve to do is meditate and you wont feel as scatterbrained anymore.  then you can go about doing things in a more effecient manner. 

I know I'm rambling here so I'll stop right there.

most of all...enjoy the silence.

good to see you're trying  :laugh: :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2959551 - 08/03/04 10:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ifyou've ever taken shrooms...and you meditate...you'll know the pleasures of a silenced mind .  :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Meditation...any experts in the Pub? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2959552 - 08/03/04 10:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've been interested in trying this for a long time...that post got my interest real piqued, too, kaiowas...
The Tibetan Freedom center is right near where I live and they give meditation classes led by buddhist monks...I think I might have to try that.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Meditation...any experts in the Pub? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2959563 - 08/03/04 11:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Cool post, Kaiowas.  I was definately picking up on the way my body was feeling, it was like I could feel inside of my skin.  Now I feel pretty happy that I was doing it right and got that effect.  :smile:

I've been thinking about joining a meditation class of some sort too, OneMoreRobot.  There's a few monestaries here in this city, I think.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Meditation...any experts in the Pub? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2959565 - 08/03/04 11:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bellylard said:
yep. just progress in the time you spend doing it and things could get more intresting too.

Could you explain further? What sort of experiences have you had while in meditation?

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2959568 - 08/03/04 11:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I love to meditate on shrooms- amazing!

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2959580 - 08/03/04 11:07 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would advise to take a class. Also get a meditation cushion. I really enjoy zazen- sitting meditation.

Here is a nice link about zazen.

http://www.mro.org/zmm/meditation/

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2959591 - 08/03/04 11:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've come up with my own version of meditation. I usually roll my eyes around, trying to focus them at different points. The best seems to be at my nose. It stimulates open & closed eyes visuals, although it probably takes some practice to get it to work. I find some drugs can REALLY help the process, but it can be done sober.

As it increases in intensity, you might find it to be a little overwhelming and your breath naturally stopping. It's perfectly normal, and its good time to practice breathing technique. It's like holding your breathe, except focusing it inward. Really hard to explain. There's the idea of "prana" or breathing energy. Probably the best way to describe the technique.

Meditation is very tricky because it's hard to explain exactly how to do something. I think most techniques come up with phrases or terms to help edify it, but in the end it's about doing what works for you. Don't be afraid to experiment.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2959609 - 08/03/04 11:17 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I should add that yoga asana is one of my favorite ways to meditate too. My husband went to this yoga studio in Austin- it looks like a great one:

http://www.yogayoga.net/studios

Check it out if you are interested!

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Meditation...any experts in the Pub? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2959629 - 08/03/04 11:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Cool, they have loads of times open to go. I didn't realize there were so many different types of yoga. How do I know which type would be the best for me?

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2959645 - 08/03/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

try em all!  I myself prefer Ashtanga but they are all wonderful. :smile:  Is it at all close to you?

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Meditation...any experts in the Pub? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2959690 - 08/03/04 11:45 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It's not far away from me at all.  I'll have to try and get my husband involved in this.  Thanks Phishgrrl.  :heart:

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2959696 - 08/03/04 11:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've gone into paraysis and had intense body vibrations and was in a state of bliss almost.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Meditation...any experts in the Pub? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2959698 - 08/03/04 11:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Intense...what changes have you noticed in your everyday life since you've been meditating?

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2959707 - 08/03/04 11:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

none....i dont even know what i was really trying to achieve when meditating....

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2959711 - 08/03/04 11:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

posture is also a key aspect of meditation.

seriously guys...next time you shroom, silence the mind. if you do that correctly, you shouldn't want to say (or even think) anything for a good two hours. it's that much fun

as a friend of mine said "silence is my favortie form of music...;)"

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#2959737 - 08/03/04 12:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

My thoughts get alot louder and active while shrooming so it will be a fun and challenging experiment to try this weekend.  :thumbup:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2959743 - 08/03/04 12:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

that's what I noticed before too.  I used to have tons of thoughts swarming around, and then it was like....what...huh....and then nothing and I was like

OOOOOOOHHHH!!!  cool!!!!  :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub