Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
SHIT
    #2927767 - 07/26/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So lacking horse poo AND money, me and a friend decided to go down to the local horse farms and scoop some poop.

We go to this one house and theres a MOUNTAIN of old newspapers, and inside it looks like people moved out, but there are 2 horses in the yard.

So I hoop in the yard with the horses, scoop up as much as I can, and bag it  :wink:, and every now and then it seemed like the horses were a little bothered by my presence, then while scooping the big one runs at me, I get scared and hop the fence , and my friend says...." he was just running around the yard, not AT you,.........hop back in  :tongue: "

I do, but then the smaller horse comes over , and my friend says , lets make friends with them, so we stay on the outside of their yard and fed them  some grass, and let them sniff and lick us a bit, then I take the rest of the poo and head across the street  :laugh: :thumbup:

Over there we find people having a barbaque, and we ask for poo, just sort of like that....... "hey can we have some of your horse poo thats been sitting in the sun for awhile"  :smirk:

"sure" says the lady of the house..... "we have piles bigger then cars behind the barn"  :thumbup: "its ten years old"

So at this point I think , SCORE  :thumbup: , and then when I get back there I realize that poo after ten years, is dirt  :tongue:, and then she says.... "there also a fair ammount of bark mulch in there"  :sad:

"OR theres this other large pile", so she shows us and its HUGE full of poo that all the pefect age, the only thing making the poo "unpure", high quality straw thrown on top  :thumbup: :heart: :laugh:

She asks , "so what are you guys growing anyway, vegtables" and she smiles, in a suggestive way, so I assume shes talking about pot, and I say....."no, mushrooms actually"  :smile:

So after we are done working on the mound of poo we thank the family, say or goodbyes and walk down the road with a full (under the sink style bag) and a full balck garbage bag of PERFECT poo  :laugh:

YA, its just shit, I know, but I am poor and its FREE  :thumbup:

Plus it was fun getting it.

You know in a town with so many horses, like mine, I think poo will always be easy to come by, hell the other day there was a HORSE PROTEST, people filled the roads with theri horses to protest the killing of a horse rider and driver, and lack of laws regarding horses and roads etc etc  :mushroom2:
Happy where I'm at. :thumbup:

Psilo :laugh:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: SHIT [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2927781 - 07/26/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

haha, cool. I was half expecting to hear that there was gonna be lots of mushrooms growing on a pile or something.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2927808 - 07/26/04 02:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a fun outing! :laugh:

I live out in the country, so there's lots of horses and riders around, and sheep, and chickens, and llamas, and even some bison. It's nice...

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: SHIT [Re: Papaver]
    #2927825 - 07/26/04 02:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i like the llamas.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Invisiblephalloidin

#2927836 - 07/26/04 02:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

One night I was out in this cowfield by myself picking shrooms. The cows are always gone at night, and no one lives on the property. I'm in the middle of the field when I see something moving fast towards me. My first thought was that it was a bull and I was about to get gored. I run top speed towards the barbed wire fence, scared shitless. I figured I my best bet is to try and jump the fence, which is about 4 ft high. I approach it at an angle to do a Filsbarry (sp) flop style jump. Better to scratch up my backside than risk having a testicle ripped off. I glance back at the last moment and see that its a horse. Being a city boy with little experience with farm animals, I'm still a bit scarred of this rather large animal, but the lack of pointy horns is somewhat reassuring. Anyways, long story short, I befriended the horse and it followed me around as I gathered the mushies. I think it was even trying to eat them out of my hands as I gathered them. I was rather sad when I finally left. The poor thing seemed lonely.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: SHIT [Re: phalloidin]
    #2927845 - 07/26/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Neat Stories! :laugh:

> The cows are always gone at night

I wonder where they go? Perhaps, they have graveyard-shift jobs in town...

--------------------

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: SHIT [Re: Papaver]
    #2927871 - 07/26/04 03:12 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah its weird, there was always plenty of cowshit, bet never a single cow. It was really an ideal field for picking. My two biggest fears were being gunned down by a crazed farmer or being gored and trampled by a bull. I never expected to see a horse out there.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2928089 - 07/26/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

now that's the type of story that helps start the day off right! :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2928161 - 07/26/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice story Psilocybeingzz, and good luck with the poo.  I assume you are doing an outdoor grow.  I hope it works for you!  I wish it were more humid where I live. And that there were less potato bugs. :frown: 

And Mr. Tryptastic, that was a great story too.  Aren't horses great? I would love to someday have a communal farm in the mountains of Hawaii with horses and mushrooms and all sorts of magical plants and fruit....

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: SHIT [Re: kaiowas]
    #2929832 - 07/26/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It was fun to live those moments, especially with my baked friend telling me to hop back in when I thought the horse was pissed off at me. I had to laugh,as I hoped back in  :tongue:, "fuck you Ken, why  you why dont you hop in and ride the fucking horse,............. how about that tough guy???"  :lol:

Good times :thumbup:

And Phishgirl, outdoor??? whats that?? :wink:

Swim likes collecting rubbermaid containers :wink:, he then stacks them , puts them in a dark place, and check to make sure they are warm. (85f) :grin:

Swim doesnt want to ride the ferry to the next town over to get poo from his borthers horse, and besides, Swim grows alot of different plants and cacti.

Organic growers are always looking to score some free "shit" :wink:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (07/26/04 07:16 PM)

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
    #2930351 - 07/26/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i'm lucky,gotta farm down the road that has a free manure sign on their lawn all year round!
I will be taking advantage of that pretty soon

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: SHIT [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #2930730 - 07/26/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have to ride about 10 blocks :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract