Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
Re: The Great Azure challenge..
    #291237 - 04/12/01 08:36 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Im in....this is a wonderful idea....help eachother, spread the seed, etc. etc.

Nushroom....that looks like a good spot, make sure it stays humid. Are you going to do alder spawn? I think that I am going to do dung/aspen shavings and then spawn a mass of alder chips. The best part about these is that once they fruit (usually fall after setting the bed), they can continue to fruit for up to three years with marginal maintenance (protection from frost, and seasonal introduction of fresh wood chips.)

How great would it be to grow out a whole shitload of spawn, like massive amounts, and just bury them EVERYWHERE. Under every rhododendron you can find....

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
    #291926 - 04/12/01 09:06 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Raw Maple sap added to malt agar would make a good additive when isolating a strain.
Sucess with azures outdoors doesn't seem to be dependent on the competency of the cultivator(although it does help). Creating spawn that's healthy isn't hard to do. Getting the right weather for maintaining the spawn and then primordia initiation seems to be the biggest challenge...

InvisibleNuShroomPharmerII
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: oOjonahOo]
    #291927 - 04/12/01 09:09 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleaaron

Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #291972 - 04/12/01 10:28 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Reading from back to front: Ps. azurescens, Ps. cyanescens, Ps. bohemica, Ps. subaeruginosa,Ps. weilii.
The beds where made with Pasteurized wood a 55 gallon drum, gas burner, shredder and hardware cloth basket.

------------------

Pack of smokes is for size.

------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: aaron]
    #292033 - 04/13/01 12:25 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I'm getting all the help I can, Workman and anyone else who wants to guide me  :smile:

This should be exciting and rewarding. I find things that you put a lot of effort into make the reward so much sweeter... I sincerely hope we can all be success stories in our little adventure in cultivating this potent shroom.

Now I just need my shopping list for Walmart..... I will have to plant a flower bed ( a big one) to do this... It will be put on my roof of my loft apartment, so its important I get guidance since this will be somewhat unique.

My plans so far is to plant soil in this bed, cover with wood chips (types I'm not sure of yet), leave the edges open, plant some flowers in the middle.....

This is advice from Workman, I hope everyone can help me in my quest... I will promise to photograph and document everything so we can make this a step easier for the cultivators to follow.

Thanks aaron for those pics, looks impressive, too bad I didn't live close to you! :wink:

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #292035 - 04/13/01 12:29 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

we all have some pretty good ideas and im pretty sure all of us will get the babies to fruit. azure, i heard sap is bad for mycelia. but that maybe just somebodys opinion i dont know i heard it from somewhere on this site. and to arron--5 beds is going to be crazy! make sure nobody finds them, are they in a place like your backyard or are they in woods where people/ animals could have easy access to them?

p.s. just found two air conditioning units at Lowe's for around $150 each. they both have air control on them so that means all the air that comes in is going to be fresh HEPA filtered cold 40 degree airflow. that sets the weather mimicing! i need insulation i can put on the walls. something that would be easy to spray down with lysol.

B Leu B oxo

--------------------
" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#292053 - 04/13/01 01:02 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

By the way, aaron, you are my hero :wink: ..... If I stumbled upon these bed I would probably have some kind of seizure!

You have my upmost respect for your mad scientist work!

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: Thor]
    #292475 - 04/13/01 04:51 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

is ryw grass seed good to start spawn out with?

B Leu B oxo

--------------------
" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

Invisibleaaron

Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: Bleuboxo]
    #292651 - 04/13/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Spawn for beds; 4/1 parts - wood / ground grain or seed is best. type of wood, grain or seed is not that inportant for Spawn.

To Thor thanks,
and 5 beds fruting at the same time can induce seizures.

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
    #292746 - 04/14/01 12:38 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

i thought it was, all this talk oin alder chips and pinecones....i must have been wrong then! that saves me alot of money!

B Leu B oxo

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#292756 - 04/14/01 03:32 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

You better show us pictures of those beds coming to fruit! ...... i need a good seizure right now  :smile:

Offlineamanita
addict
Loc: UK
Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: Thor]
    #293155 - 04/14/01 06:15 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Looks like some nice experiments! Please do keep us posted... So far, it seems very difficult to fruit Ps. azurescens or Ps. cyanescens indoors, yet, it is realtively easy to grow a patch outdoors. The proper environmenral conditions are essential for fruiting. Perhaps the casing should have some bacterial and plant flora, e.g. clover and grass, with Rhizobium type bacteria present, since I have only ever seen azures and cyans fruiting in outdoor soil amongst plants, alongside paths, etc. They definitely help keep the casing moist and may also have stimulatory effect on the mycelium. Cold shocking seems essential too, but that's not a problem for those of us lucky enough to live in a temperate climate:)

Offlinesemilance
journeyman
Male
    #293196 - 04/14/01 07:59 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Yea im up for a challenge and i'v already got my prints.
I'm thinking of using hawks magic finch seed formular, with hickory chips (the kind for bbq's) included when i steep the finch seed. Then i will spawn 2x 25litre buckets with lids containing silver birch chippings(its the only chippings available to me at the moment.).
Once they have collinized i will put one in a bed under a holly bush as a patch and the other i will case with coco fiber and grass seed and leave outside here in the north uk, so what do you think ?, will it work ?

--------------------
When freedom is outlawed only the outlaws will be free !!!!!!!

Invisibleaaron

Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: semilance]
    #293379 - 04/15/01 12:48 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Look's ok, but read this if you have not seen it, some good info.there.
http://www.sporeworks.com/azure.html

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #293804 - 04/15/01 06:29 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

well, i won some prints. im happy. and greatful. i wont back down either, these arent going to sit on the shelf.
I went to the sporeworks page on growing azures, i pretty much knew the basics already. easy to colonize, hard to fruit indoors, easy to fruit in abundance outdoors.
i pretty much know what im going to use for bedding. i have plenty of maple birch and alder. my backyard is an acre of overgrown and dead alders surrounded by rasberry bushes.
seems whenever i see a really nice patch in the wild (in photos) its growing in this type of area. im going to draw up a few ideas and post them soon, id be happy and greatful (again) if experienced azure growers could offer their advice and knowlage, i want to do it my own way tho, trying a bit of the best with a few of my own ideas in a few different beds. then ill expand on what works best. i know its gonna work, the challenge for me lies in making it work well. ive seen alot of results, when they are big they are HUGE. buit theres alot of small success' too. im excited :) this is a privilage from god and the sporeworks :)

always wear a condom

the northern lights have seen queer sites
but the queerest they ever did see
was the night at the marge of lake lebarge
i cremated sam mcgee.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #293811 - 04/15/01 06:45 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Right on Mitchnast, I hope all the winners also partake in this challenge..... I'm ordering my spores very soon. :smile:

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #293813 - 04/15/01 06:46 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Yo yo yo, I'm down with the azure posse:D

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #293830 - 04/15/01 07:21 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: The Great Azure challenge.. [Re: ralphster44]
    #293834 - 04/15/01 07:27 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

You're welcome in my outdoor bed anytime Ralphy baby;)

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

OfflineKevin
IES
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #299472 - 04/23/01 03:09 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck. I have to do a 750 word first-draft that's  due later today. Instead of doing it, I wrote this 805 word explanation of my plans to grow. I wish I could turn this in... :wink:

"I ask a mirror... "am I....god?", a mirrior replies. "God..... I am!"" -- Mitchnast

--------------------
"Is it a mile walking, or a mile driving?" - dobie

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag