Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread
    #2906821 - 07/19/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, i'll explain an odd quark i have concerning my mental state.

It has become nearly unbearable to be alone. I just cannot manage it anymore. When I'm alone nothing will spark my interest. I try to watch TV but nothing ever seems to be on although i pickup every direct TV channel. I try to play games but they don't do it for me anymore.

Now this would be alrite but the boredom i face turns into me asking myself mentally over and over "What am i going to do?" I have to plan the next day over and over in my mind even if i have nothing planned. It got to such a bad degree that i would sit in front of this computer for hours asking myself that question over and over. It felt so odd, i didnt want to ask myself that question but i just could not stop.

Luckily i have been out and about with a group of people nearly every night this summer so it is unable to effect me. One main reason i post here is because it distracts me from the question. I fear though i will soon lose interest in the site. I find myself more and more skipping through posts and threads.

Now this condition is completely gone right now. There is a very marked difference in my mental state when i get this that i can easily sense. Also it is not always "What am i going to do?" it is sometimes other things. It always feels like i am worrying though. I ask the questions in an almost worried way.

Also i have experienced depression and mania in the past. And i have extreme OCD when it comes to RPGs which prevents me from playing them at all.

Anyone have an comments. I feel perfectly normal right now but thought i may as well ask. I'm just thankfull this only occurs when i'm alone.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thr [Re: d33p]
    #2906855 - 07/19/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I feel that way alot. For me it's almost like the feeling, or fear of, getting lost in my own mind all alone. It makes me want focus more outwardly and I get very suseptible to needing people around to feel alright. It's not quite boredom though, more like some kind of existential dissatisfaction. I think what is true for both of us is that we have the need to be stimulated by other people or we are left with some kind of mode of thought we don't like. Sounds like the syptoms of something deeper.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread [Re: d33p]
    #2906885 - 07/19/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone feels that way... that's completely normal.. unless all the types of people that enjoy the shroomery are the ones that all have ADD/OCD complexes

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread [Re: ld50negative1]
    #2906894 - 07/19/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Other people sit in a chair for hours asking themselves a couple of questions over and over? I mean serriously it was bad at one point. I couldn't do anything when alone.

And i feel the majority of shoormerites fit into a category of above average intellectuals with quarks which somehow lead them into the enthogenic lifestyle.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2906905 - 07/19/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

well, i have to flex my muscles in my forearms leading up towards the sky to "feel right" in certain sequences.. sometimes including muscles in my legs and neck.. hehe

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread [Re: ld50negative1]
    #2906910 - 07/19/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

dude, everybody does not do that

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2906920 - 07/19/04 10:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i do that leading up to the sky shit though with muscles and body parts or whatever also haha, maybe it's not the same but it's like that, yeah that's some ocd stuff right there

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread [Re: Locus]
    #2906921 - 07/19/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

no im just saying that its a quarky thing.. not that everyone does it

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2906948 - 07/19/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I get really bored at night. During the day, when I have plenty to do, I don't think about anything and I race through my day. But at night, when things slow down and all there is left to do is paperwork and shit, my mind gets bored, and I hate being alone. I would rather be distracted with other stuff.

I think someone hit it right, that this place seems to have a lot of people that have ADHD. Have you ever been diagnosed with that? I realize that there are other disorders, or maybe it's no disorder at all. Maybe you're just bored.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread [Re: Frog]
    #2906984 - 07/19/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well i dislike going to doctors and getting prescribed anything. I like to keep my mental health record crystal clear.

I do have a great deal of trouble focusing. I barely read anymore which i onced loved. When i read books when i start a paragraph i begin thinking about something else while still reading. I will go through half a page like this and then realize and have to re read. This happens every other page or so. Although it never really happens when reading off a computer.

I was never able to learn a second language because i could not pay attention. It was strange in school, i actually wanted to learn another language but i just couldn't. I also have the same troubles in math but i am very very good at math and science so i ended up teaching myself every year's math text starting in high school.

But learning and schooling is a whole different issue. I was never able to learn the way they taught. They called me gifted, but i just think they teach to slow.

I also feel everyone could use a medical dose of amp. Gosh i am such a good student on amps. The notes are so extensive and it really does make you hunger for information.

--------------------

bang bang

Edited by d33p (07/19/04 11:29 PM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2907049 - 07/19/04 11:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You don't have to go to a doctor.  I have studied ADHD quite a bit over the last 10 years.  4 of my 5 kids have it and I have it.  From what you wrote above, I would say most likely you have it.  Don't get a diagnosis.  Doesn't matter.

But you could go read about it and see how people handle it.  I'm still trying to figure that one out.  :grin:

ADDers are very undisciplined, usually due to an under-developed frontal lobe.  It's difficult for us to force ourselves to pay attention, to do what we need to do.  But we can do it. 

I remember when I was in college, and I had to study.  I would sit down to something I enjoyed first, because at least that got me sitting down.  Then, while I was still sitting, I would finish the thing I enjoyed and get started on the harder stuff, the stuff on which it was harder to concentrate.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#2907234 - 07/20/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like Bi-polar disorder aka Manic derpression. Get your brain chemistry balanced with the right meds and live a happier life. Otherwise, enjoy things how they are cause this type a thing isn't fixed on pyschiatrists couch.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2907254 - 07/20/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

sir tripsalot, why do you think it sounds like bipolar disorder? I think it sounds like a bored ADDer. But I'm curious to know your reasoning.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2907290 - 07/20/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've experienced both depression and mania in the past. I can assure it is not either of those occuring.

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2907397 - 07/20/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

See, ADHD is on the same spectrum as the bipolar disorder and can mimic it.  It's a very difficult diagnosis to make.  But I just don't think that you sound bipolar, based on what you wrote.  But I am also not a doctor.  (Hear the disclaimer?  :grin: )

I was misdiagnosed with bipolar.  It's an easy misdiagnosis to make.  ADDers go up and down, too.  Holy shit, do they go up and down.

And none of it is a disorder, anyways.  I hate calling the way our brains work a "disorder".  Mostly, people with ADHD, bipolar, Asperger's, schizophrenia, autism, all of which are on the same continuum, are pretty fucking smart.  And much more interesting than "nondisordered" people. 

Most of my kids are "disordered".  :grin:  I'd rather have a bunch of disordered kids than a bunch of ordered kids.  Hmmmm. 

Well, anyways, I have been raising kids for 26 years.  They are all really fun.  They are so smart.  I don't know any more who is the parent and who is the kid.  One of my kids joined this forum.  You will all have to guess who it is.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2907649 - 07/20/04 06:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

We are built to conquer the environmemt, solve problems, achieve goals, and we get no satisfaction or hapiness unless we have someone to share with.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread [Re: Frog]
    #2907698 - 07/20/04 07:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I think people with some mental disorders can usually be very smart and interesting people with other special talents. I think what "lacks" in the mind in some areas is made up for in other areas. Or maybe it's what lacks that causes the greater aspects, I don't know. But many people with mental disorders have great creative or artistic minds, etc.

--------------------

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2908363 - 07/20/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Like Frog said, sounds like a bored ADDer to me. Especially since you said amp helps you focus. It seems like everyone would benefit from a little speed, but a lot of people just feel speedy and weird on it, not focused.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#2910930 - 07/21/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I wasn't implying that this behaviour points to Manic depression, but MD's do weird things as well. My family members that are Bi-polar do strange things as well when they are off meds other than just Mania and Depression(reading the dictionary, stop wearing prescription glasses cause they think they dont need them and refuse to use a computer altogether. Just to name a few) .

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2911005 - 07/21/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It has become nearly unbearable to be alone. I just cannot manage it anymore. When I'm alone nothing will spark my interest.

I would say clin. depression based soley on that. Obsessing about what to do would logically follow if you cannot stand to be alone, or at least i'd think so.

One of the hallmark signs of clinical depression is loss of interest/pleasure in activities.

Correct me if you are not feeling down, that was just the impression that i got from your post.

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale