Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeviation
w0000000t
Growing directly in Containers
    #2898281 - 07/16/04 10:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone, I just had a quick question..

I just had a couple of jars reach 100% today. They took a while but I think I will do better the next time around. I am proud to say that none of the dozen jars showed any signs of contams, so I am feeling good about this.

Anyhow, my question is the following. I was planning on doing a basic rubbermaid chamber with perlite, to hold some small aluminum casings. However, I have been tossing around the idea of just using some smaller sterlite containers and casing them directly .

Anyone have any exp with this? Will the casing stay moist enough? Any opions would be appreciated.

-dev

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Growing directly in Containers [Re: deviation]
    #2898292 - 07/16/04 10:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would look around more on the shroomery site map
http://www.shroomery.org/sitemap.php

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Growing directly in Containers [Re: MAGnum]
    #2899525 - 07/17/04 12:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've used large sterlite containers that are designed for lasagna and have clear dome for serving later. It works fine, but I add a filter to the dome using either several coffee filters or Hepa Vacuum bags. I just duct tape them on, it works fine to allow air exchange yet prevent cross contamination. Humidity stays up, but if vegetation goes on too long they seem to draw out moisture. I solve this by spraying the edges and allowing the water to spread out from the bottom up. I'm open to better humidity techniques. I can see patching in a humidity system if you have probs, but such need is rare.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation