Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Filter Disc UPDATE.
    #282281 -

dude that is impressive for pint jars, can ya imagine how fast 1/2 pints would be? why not experiment with those too. MAN SIGN ME UP FOR THOSE. I want some.



--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by users_request
    #282379 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by users_request [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #282975 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Filter Disc UPDATE. [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #283081 -

Well, that's cool. I'm interested to see if what you have are normal filter disks or if they are of some kind of high-grade microbiological supply.

Either way, filter disks aren't cheap; So by being able to provide them to the community for a cheap price is excellent and for that I commend you. I just want to make sure that you're being honest and forthright. (I dont like swindlers). After the experimentation is over, and the results are positive, I'd like to get some myself. Keep us posted.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Filter Disc UPDATE. [Re: Kast]
    #283129 -

Yes kast, I have made a deal with dood, he is sending me disks... I will test them, and let the shroomery know how they pan out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Filter Disc UPDATE. [Re: Anonymous]
    #283136 -

damn pavlov, so you where the on that beat me to it. HAHAHa, let me know what you think of it please. I am vary interested in this. I am always looking for away to speedup the process.



--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by users_request [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #286953 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by users_request [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #287178 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Filter Disc UPDATE. 4/6/00 [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #287245 -

It looks to me like you packed too much into your jars. The more substrate mass, the more water must be used. It's usually only in small increments, but a little water can make a big difference.

You can shoot sterile water (I recommend buying distilled water) into the jars pretty safely. Assuming you have a glove-box or something similar to provide a semi-sterile environment.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by users_request [Re: Kast]
    #287334 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Filter Disc UPDATE. 4/6/00 [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #287530 -

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty reliable method assuming you have more than enough filter disks to play with. Usually, those things are quite expensive.

I usually fill rye/grain jars a little bit over half-way IF IT'S STEEPED. If the grain is not steeped, I use about 1 cup per jar. If you're using Ball type jars, I fill the steeped grain until it's even with the top of "a" in "Ball".

Damn, I'm drunk, I hope that makes sense.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Filter Disc UPDATE. 4/6/00 [Re: Kast]
    #287551 -

Just gotta throw in my experience here. . .
Birdseed never worked better than ~50% until I got both the FP lids and FP filter discs. I don't have brand names to compare, but damn it made a big difference. I suspect that even minimally contaminated jars still colonized fine [maybe better] with the filter disc and a ~1/2" hole in the lid.
Preparing BS jars is simple, predictably successful [for me] using proper water amount [just until first seeds float] or steeped seeds [no extra water].
It seems that the filter discs are a great investment.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by users_request [Re: Kast]
    #287867 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Filter Disc UPDATE. 4/6/00 [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #287996 -

The only problem I can forsee is that if you dont offer them for a cheap price, people aren't going to be willing to provide a name/address when they can order confidentially from FP or MP. But it's hard to tell.

Has anyone had success with cutting filter disks and placing/taping/glueing a small piece over the 1/2" or 3/4" hole in the lid? I think I remember reading this somewhere a while back, I should've paid more attention. I wonder if silicone glue would be strong enough to hold up under pressure cooking.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Filter discs as cheap hepa filter? L3D 1,846 5 06/23/01 12:51 PM
by Anno
* question about innoculating with filter discs... smills 2,535 10 04/01/02 11:51 PM
by smills
* NEW FILTER DISC TEK!!!! spaceboots 5,404 15 10/16/06 10:30 PM
by Westnile
* Filter discs and plastic lids si1988crx 2,474 11 03/26/03 09:17 AM
by george castanza
* Filter Discs doop04 1,947 6 02/15/05 11:30 AM
by PooPs
* Filter Discs vs. Coffee Filter BlueBus 4,108 9 07/03/02 08:59 PM
by BIGSWANG
* Filter discs and sterilization meathead579 1,896 6 07/08/02 04:11 PM
by C12H17N204P
* Problem with Micron Magick Filter Discs??? Supershrooomer 2,076 5 11/27/01 12:03 PM
by upupup

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,581 topic views. 12 members, 56 guests and 167 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.079 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.