Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
LUCIDITY!
    #2851893 - 07/02/04 05:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey everyone. Does anyone lucid dream? How long are they for you in the dream. I've just started trying, and i actually got two very good ones today after waking up early, smoking some weed and going back to bed a little later. I had to really think about it a lot as i was drifting off, which is hard because at least for me, thoughts float around a lot when i'm falling asleep.  :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: LUCIDITY! [Re: Hrethic]
    #2852028 - 07/02/04 05:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I've attempted to plenty, but only succeeded once. It's something I would really like to explore more, but never seem to get around to doing it.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2852248 - 07/02/04 07:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ive had them a couple times, try take a little cue card and write on it AM I DREAMING? and keep looking at it every so often.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #2852257 - 07/02/04 07:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

all of the ones I chose to remember are lucid dreams...

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Re: LUCIDITY! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2852729 - 07/03/04 12:17 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well that's the strange thing, I can't choose anything, except when i'm actually in it. I can't even remember half of them: today one didn't pop back into memory until i was wide awake about and hour and a half after i woke up. They're fricken incredible when they actually work... :mushroom2:

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #2852744 - 07/03/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

most every morning. sometimes only a few minutes sometimes seemingly forever till i get so freaked out i get up. its neat, but can be oen of the most scary things i think. once the alarm goes off its all ruined, but i usually lay semi awake for hours in the mornig before i need to get in gear.

anyone notice that its usually about something really real and relevent not only to you but to that generall time in your life as well?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Re: LUCIDITY! [Re: kadakuda]
    #2852759 - 07/03/04 12:41 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

For me no.. but that's because they've all been about 10 seconds long. I loose the dream after that... i have to be in a weird state for it to work... rested, yet asleep. My mind's gotta be fully aware, but my body completely relaxed, which is really hard. :mushroom2:

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#2852763 - 07/03/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes the dream will fall apart if you get too excited about the fact that you're lucid dreaming...you've gotta stay calm.

Here's a great site:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/1/index.html

and I've got tons of texts on lucid dreaming on my other computer, but it's not connected right now so I'll have to post them some other time.

--------------------

It will never come true

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: LUCIDITY! [Re: Hooty]
    #2853087 - 07/03/04 03:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm curious, i have had this image of a long long time ago. it was i guess a dream when i was like 6 or something. i can still to this day smell taste see and feel everything, its as real as the computer in front of me. really fucked up, but it is so far fetched i know it cannot be real. so real, but so obviously not. i love our minds, be neat to learn more about this type of thing.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineJuggler
The Pothead ofAll Time.

Loc: East Coast
    #2853602 - 07/03/04 11:04 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I lucid dream all the time..

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Re: LUCIDITY! [Re: Juggler]
    #2854054 - 07/03/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, i hear it's much easier for some people. I'm getting better at relaxing to the point of near drifting off, it's that gateway between awake and sleep that i keep falling off. :mushroom2:

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#2854196 - 07/03/04 04:31 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I got my other computer up and running but I just realized all the text files I've got on lucid dreaming are far too big to post. If you want them PM me.

--------------------

It will never come true

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2855582 - 07/04/04 06:08 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hrethic said:
Yeah, i hear it's much easier for some people. I'm getting better at relaxing to the point of near drifting off, it's that gateway between awake and sleep that i keep falling off. :mushroom2:

for me at least, lucid dreaming doesn't work like that.  My lucid dreams are always precipitated by periods of total non-lucidity.  I don't hold onto my consciousness all the way into the dream, I wake up within it.  i think thats the way it works. 

The only method that really makes any difference for me is to make a habit of questioning whether or not you are dreaming during the day.  if you do it enough, you will create those pathways of memory, which will become available during the dreamstate.  Your brain will randomly select the "check for dreaming" program one time, and you will, and realize that you're fucking asleep in your head.  I'm so conscious when that happens that I remember where I am sleeping, and understand the fact that my body is paralyzed in bed, while I am free to roam in my brain.

As much as I am annoyed by the Matrix movies, the best analogy that I can come up with is this, to me the state of lucidity is like knowing that you're in the matrix.  You know its not real, and that you theoretically can do whatever you want, if you can muster the zen or chi or whatever you call it.  My lucid dreams are almost always spent probing that threshold of power, seeing what I can do, change, create, etc.

I always try to make DMT appear, so I can smoke it and trip.  I've never been able to, but I did eat San Pedro once in a dream and had a mescaline trip (I've never eaten mescaline before, so it was probably drawn from my memories of shroom trips, everything was so REAL, and stunningly bright and beautiful)

not to hijack your thread, but I'm super into this stuff, so i'll just put a post I made at another website forum here, cause its related.
reading about lucid dreaming in any form helps you get there anyway, so here's my recent dream:

I'm not too experienced with lucid dreaming, I have probably had about 8-10 in my entire life, most of them lasting only a minute or two. This morning I had one of the longest and most realistic/solid/lucid yet. I don't remember exactly how I gained lucidity, I just remember finding myself in my house, but realizing that, in reality, I was sleeping at my girlfriends apartment. Lucid dream, allright! First thing I wanted to do was take a hallucinogen to see if I could induce a drug-free psychedelic experience (I'm somewhat experienced with psilocyibn mushrooms). I tried to create some mushrooms or DMT out of thin air, but wasn't able to. I remembered that there is some mescaline-containing San Pedro cactus growing at our house, so I ventured into the garden and found it there. I was so lucid that I doubted the fact that I was dreaming, and was hesitant to cut down the cactus, for fear of ruining my dad's prize in real life. I reassured myself that I was dreaming, and cut a foot off the plant. I had to consume the entire thing, so I decided to see if I could manipulate reality a little bit. Sure enough, I was able to condense the thing into a little juicy ball, which I consumed.

I woke up shortly thereafter, but managed to fall back asleep and continued the dream.

As I descended back into the dream world, I was outside of my house, and definitely under the influence of the mescaline I had eaten, although I'm not sure if I was aware of that fact during the dream, or if I"m extrapolating that now based on the imagery. The world had the colorful, crisp, hyper-real clarity as seen through the eyes of a psychedelically-augmented individual. Blue sky, bright sun, the most beautiful array of plants everywhere, it was one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen. I was lucid, and free, and very excited.

This was when the fighters arrived. As I walked up my street to explore this beautiful dream-world version of the real world, a white van with no windows pulled up. I 'looked' into the van, shifting my perspective in a way difficult to describe, it was like a movie camera-shift. Inside were two people I know from the real world who have had authority over me, and who I dislike. 'why is my psyche showing me these guys, what are they here for?' I thought. Terror struck, I realized they were here to fight me, to ruin my lucid dream. They didn't like what I was doing, as trite as it sounds, they hated my freedom in the dream world. Typically in a dream, when I encounter a foe, I attempt to escape by running away. I never have the balls to fight them, for my dream-enemies are seemingly omnipotent and extremely terrifying. This time, for some reason, I stood up to the bastards. I started punching and kicking them, and though my punches landed quite softly against their bodies, they were startled to see me fighting back. they hadn't expected this. suddenly, I went out of my dream body and created another perspective. I was backing away from the fight, as they continued to battle the old 'me.' They were fighting a now-defunct version of me, I was quickly escaping in a new body. I hopped into their van and shifted into reverse, worried that they might jump into the windows and give me more trouble. They were so shocked at what I had done, they just stood there, already defeated, even as the van accelerated so agonizingly slowly.

i'm goin to bed :smile:

--------------------

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Re: LUCIDITY! [Re: Noviseer]
    #2856205 - 07/04/04 01:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nice man, thanks a bunch! Yeah, you definitely didn't hijack the thread, any and all of that kind of stuff i'd love to read about. Like you, i could definitely getting "super into it", so the more stuff to read the better. Take it easy everybody. :mushroom2:

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

#2858486 - 07/05/04 12:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Woohoo!! Woke up at 4 this morning, started to play the guitar (it's hard, but i started to get the hang of it) and tried to fall back asleep. What i got was me "waking up" in my living room at home (i was really sleeping at my friends house). So i decide that i want to try and fly around. I morph out of my house through the roof, and start to fly backwards away from the planet. It goes really slow at first, and i can see everything, my town, my city, country and then the planet finally shrink away. Then i start to really pick up speed. I'm going through worm holes, seeing UFO's with giant jet trails going just as fast as i am zoom by me. I head outside of our galaxy and start really cruising. By this time i've realized that whenever i take a sharp turn i can actually feel myself turning, like you do in a car and get pushed to one side. I finally decide that this was enough, and i head back into the galaxy and our planet. The only weird thing was that when i got back i was in some kind of a mech suit...but hey, i'm not complaining. :mushroom2:

Edited by Hrethic (08/17/04 01:33 PM)

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#2859043 - 07/05/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

awesome man....congradulations.

--------------------

It will never come true

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

#2859229 - 07/05/04 05:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have been kind of trying for the whole winter, but had but one supershort lucid dream where i was for 25 seconds like :wtf::thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleKthxBye
bandito furioso

Loc: bottom of the noob barrel
    #2859715 - 07/05/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Its happened twice but every time I realize I'm dreaming, the world disperses into grey mist and I wake up.

--------------------
I know what he wants: a drag of smooth tobbacco blended with the finest Turkish Turkweed. Here, have a toke on me you dumb beast.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: LUCIDITY! *DELETED* [Re: KthxBye]
    #2859812 - 07/05/04 10:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
Re: LUCIDITY! [Re: blink]
    #2860123 - 07/06/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i have em every now and then, usually I wake up after it happens too...just silly stuff, like driving a car, and kissing girls, ie. i see a pretty girl in my dream, then I think, "she's hot", then I think, "hey this is my dream, I can do whatever I want with her!"

then I wake up straight away...

Noviseer talks about feeling high in dreams, I get that a lot, usually just smoking pot, but some special occasions tripping on acid or shrooms...and once on e which was the most realistic, even when I woke up I felt kind of buzzed. Whenever this happens it's not lucid, just a normal dream...

It's so interesting eh, I guess people will be able to trip without actually ingesting anything, sometime in the future.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

"Waking Life" is a great movie to watch, one section talks all about lucid dreaming...

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Community >> The Pub