Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
When I Dream a Lot - Some Observations
    #2558808 - 04/14/04 12:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hi, I have found that every year I have periods when I dream extremely often and I like it much!

I am a university student since 3 years and I live 2000 kilometers from my childhood home and my parents. I visit them around 3 times per year, for around 2 weeks.

And every time I do so, I dream at least 2 super cool and detailed dreams per night. I was on such a vacation till last sunday and I had recorderded in my dream journal 25 dreams, all of them super enjoyable and detailed stories . They are very various , no unifying theme, from meeting old friends till fighting zombies  :devil:.

So, I wonder, why does this happen only during these vacations? I have some theories
-I sleep in the room where I was during all my high school years and this brings back childhood memories
-the presence of my parents might also bring childhood memories
-the fact that I am in vacation and live in a much more relaxed way, no stress at all , might ease my sleep
-i do not smoke weed at all, during such vacations i am entirely drug free(and normally i smoke several times per week), perhaps cannabis inhibits dreams

So, please comment, do u have also such dream marathons , why do u think it happens so, does weed inhibit dreams, how can I have dreams absolutely every day, will this be good, etc.
Peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: When I Dream a Lot - Some Observations [Re: gotmagog]
    #2558847 - 04/14/04 12:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

It's probably the pot. I quit smoking pot about a month ago and I am constantly having dreams now. I used to dream on pot too, but I just didn't remember them afterwards. I think there are some dream inducing herbs that you can take before going to bed. You might want to check the Ethnobotanical forum.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2558912 - 04/14/04 01:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I used to keep a dream hournal, and I really got the hang of it, I was getting pretty close to lucid dreaming (where you can fully control your dreams) but the last dreams I had were very very vivid.
I would say all 4 of your theories are true and have some affect on your dreams. Try to write dream journals when youre not on your vacations, you will remember your dreams better and better for everytime you dream.

There is something very weird about dreams, when my dreams got close to lucid I felt like the characters in my dreams really were real people, abstract characters but still pretty real and encountable. For instance, this one dream I had (and I think I was controlling it a bit) I asked this guy in a huge airport/mall type of place if he could direct me to heaven. My idea was to visit heaven and see if that is possible during my dreams, and well, the guy I asked took this huge green foam finger (like the ones you get at football games) out of his pocket and pointed it upwards, then he smiled at me like he thought it was funny and that I asked a very apropriate question. I didnt know how to take that message, and I still think there just might be something about this dream. I have some half proven theorie that you can encounter spirits through your dreams...
well in the dream I told you about I went looking for an elevator going up, it was there, but I didnt find it somehow and somehow got distracted by some girl...weird dream....

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Edited by filthysock (04/14/04 03:34 PM)

InvisibleComfortably_Numb
FriendlyStranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Here (not everywhere)
Re: When I Dream a Lot - Some Observations [Re: filthysock]
    #2559272 - 04/14/04 02:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
Yeah I used to keep a dream hournal, and I really got the hang of it, I was getting pretty close to vivid dreaming (where you can fully control your dreams) but the last dreams I had were very very vivid.

It's lucid dreaming, I'm sure that's what you meant.

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: When I Dream a Lot - Some Observations [Re: Comfortably_Numb]
    #2559408 - 04/14/04 03:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

In one of my dreams I "almost" had it lucid.

In the dream I was trying to read a billboard for a new movie, and the letters just danced and I could not get any new inforamtion from it.

I have read that this is a sign that one is dreaming, the inability to read text, but I could not begin to change things after this realization, i just noticed this and went on to go somewhere else. I hope I will find a nice way to stay more in controol...

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: When I Dream a Lot - Some Observations [Re: Comfortably_Numb]
    #2559432 - 04/14/04 03:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Uh yeah, lucid, thats right, thanks man :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: When I Dream a Lot - Some Observations [Re: Letto]
    #2559657 - 04/14/04 04:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MMerletto said:
It's probably the pot. I quit smoking pot about a month ago and I am constantly having dreams now.

Definitely the pot.. I never used to dream (or at least never remember them), when I smoked every day. Now I smoke maybe once a month and I have really vivid dreams (always lucid when I take a nap!), remember them well... I really should get a little notebook so I can write them down. And when I visited the States this summer and smoked every day, I stopped having dreams...

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2559687 - 04/14/04 04:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah... I've noticed that when you wake up from sleep, the sooner you sleep or take a nap after that the more vivid/lucid the dream gets.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub