Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechronicle
philosopher
Male

fruiting chamber & pinning cake opinions (with pic)
    #2829042 - 06/25/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

this is my first time growing, i ran into some trouble with green mold and cobweb on the first batch but the second was alot better, and for a week now ive been waiting for pins to start coming and today i opened the lid of my chamber and there were atleast 6 nice sized pins all around the cake. you can only see a few but anyway how is my fruiting chamber looking? id just like a few general opinions or advice, thanks.

Edited by Magash (06/25/04 08:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: fruiting chamber & pinning cake opinions (with pic) [Re: chronicle]
    #2829067 - 06/25/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Looks fine. (fixed up your pic a little)  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2829733 - 06/26/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

keep us updated on how those are turning out.

Offlinechronicle
philosopher
Male

Re: fruiting chamber & pinning cake opinions (with pic) [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2829838 - 06/26/04 03:33 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

its been about 7 hours now and they have all increased in size and ive counted 12 of them with several more potentials on just that one cake with the rhizomorphic threads growing out of it (top one). ive taken pics with my cell phone but i dont have a data sync cable so tommorow night ill take another with my digicam. isnt the average growth time around 72 hours, give or take? im probably going to dunk almost all of my cakes after birth since this one has yielded such good results so far, i only count 1 pin on one of the other cakes, i cant wait til they become nice and plump!

Offlinechronicle
philosopher
Male

#2832081 - 06/26/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well, im into the second day since the pins began and wow there are currently over 14 growing on it with more sprouting up constantly (most on the lower edges), theres even a lil baby pin *steadily* growing where evidentily a piece of mycelium thread grew out so long that it basically detached from the cake and created its own small lump with a few pieces of vermiculite (shrug). i think the pin is growing because there is one thick strand of mycelium connected to the tiny little blob that its growing out of, i doubt it will fully mature though just because of the tiny little thing its growing from. i tried taking a pic but my camera isnt exactly the best quality so i just took a snap of the growth of the original pins in the above pic. ill update again in a few days or whenever they triple in size.

Offlinehugo
tuna fish

#2832326 - 06/27/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

is that just a tubberwear with damp perlite chamber? looks cool though hope your second try works out for you mate =]

Offlinechronicle
philosopher
Male

Re: fruiting chamber & pinning cake opinions (with pic) [Re: hugo]
    #2832520 - 06/27/04 04:08 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

this is actually my first try, the cake that is pinning is from the second batch that i made a week or so later, i have cakes from my very first batch that are in the chamber right now too but they have yet to pin. anyway yeah its a rubbermaid container w/ damp perlite heh pretty typical but im still proud of myself for succeeding my first try even though some of the jars got contams. they are looking very perky right now, ive even discovered several that i hadnt noticed before that were growing down and into the perlite where i couldnt see it before. also, i neglected to label the jars with which strain had been inoculated (lipa yai or mazapatec) and im actually curious now as to which they are, though i think they are maz.

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#2832683 - 06/27/04 07:08 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Lookin good chronicle! If I might make a couple of suggestions for your next flush,or maybe your next grow.... Try dunking your cakes overnight and rolling them in sterile vermiculite and then adding a little bit of a verm cap on the top. (this is a tek developed by Magash and believe me it works wonders for making cakes pin like hell!) ---Also it helps speed growth,IMHO,if you cut the light back considerably once they start to pin. It just seems like they grow faster during the dark portion of the light cycle.

Good Luck,
MYKEY

Offlinehugo
tuna fish

Re: fruiting chamber & pinning cake opinions (with pic) [Re: Mykey]
    #2833126 - 06/27/04 10:54 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mykey said:
Lookin good chronicle! If I might make a couple of suggestions for your next flush,or maybe your next grow.... Try dunking your cakes overnight and rolling them in sterile vermiculite and then adding a little bit of a verm cap on the top. (this is a tek developed by Magash and believe me it works wonders for making cakes pin like hell!) ---Also it helps speed growth,IMHO,if you cut the light back considerably once they start to pin. It just seems like they grow faster during the dark portion of the light cycle.

Good Luck,
MYKEY

where can i find the tek?

do i dunk before i birth?

thx for the info

InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
Re: fruiting chamber & pinning cake opinions (with pic) [Re: hugo]
    #2833237 - 06/27/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The Dunk + Roll tek and the dunk Tek is in the FAQ (PF Tek - Birthing to harvest section I think), not much to them really, pretty much what mykey said.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

Offlinechronicle
philosopher
Male

#2835061 - 06/27/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

mmmm they are growing nicely

Offlinechronicle
philosopher
Male

#2844668 - 06/30/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

heres the result!!!! im eating them tonight! YAY!!!

Edited by Magash (06/30/04 07:35 PM)

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
    #2844839 - 06/30/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

why don't you wait to start the "feast" until you get a print. remember man... reduce, re-use, recycle. other than that good job man!

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Offlinehugo
tuna fish

#2844847 - 06/30/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

patience is key =]

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in teh Northern... Flag
    #2845253 - 06/30/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

do you need a spray shield for that setup?Can anyone provide me with a link to cultivating P. Cubensis in a Tupperware/rubbermaid container.Whats easier,the aquarium with spray sheild,or the rubbermaid?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder