Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Fruiting Chamber and Sterilization
    #969609 - 10/17/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm about to growing some more shrooms, EQ this time. I've been growing for about 2 years but it was more of the neglect method. My questions are: 1. I got the needle and syringe seperatly. Whats the safest way to go about putting the needle onto the syringe in terms of sterility? Would I need to wipe it with alcohol or something before hand and if so will the alcohol harm the spores? 2. Gimme your thoughts, designs, and opinions on the best type of fruiting chamber. Tell me how you fruit yours and whether you case em or grow em as cakes. Thanks in advance...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Fruiting Chamber and Sterilization [Re: TinMan]
    #969623 - 10/17/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

for the syringe- put it together then boil it in hot water for 20 minutes.

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Fruiting Chamber and Sterilization [Re: MsPacMan] * 1
    #969626 - 10/17/02 03:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

for the fruiting chamber- it depends.

jars- in a 20 gall. aquarium, or tupperware container, whatever... 1 in of damp perlite, then a black piece of trash bag or something dark so it wont reflect light off the white perlite, then the jar. Then some sort of light over a covered lid and fan it out once a day. this is your cheapest, easiest bet. or you can put a jar of water with an aquarium bubbler to keep the humidity. get a humid. and temp. thermomter from wally world---15 bucks.

casing- im not too sure about the set up...but you can do it in a similar way, in the aquarium with a covered lid with a light over it. good luck.....

this could use a lot more suggestions.
de-=-

Edited by MsPacMan (10/17/02 03:34 PM)

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Re: Fruiting Chamber and Sterilization [Re: MsPacMan]
    #969842 - 10/17/02 04:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The syringe already has the spores in it... do i still boil it and if so, do I boil it with the needle cover on?

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #969883 - 10/17/02 04:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The needle should still be in the sterile wrapper. Under clean condition, swab the nozzle on the syringe, open the needle package & insert it on the syringe nozzle.

Simple as that.

Do not boil the loaded spore syringe. Unless you intent to kill the spores.

6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#970066 - 10/17/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Check out the 'Grow Log" forum, there's about 6 hours of good reading with excellent photos! How many jars do you want to do? How much do you want to spend?

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Re: Fruiting Chamber and Sterilization [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #970173 - 10/17/02 05:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey... I'm not a newb you know. I have read through all that time and time again. I was just wondering how you do it if you dont use the neglect method. Besides... I am also not an expert, but there are things that aren't directly said in the FAQ...

Invisibleeltardo
spork it
    #970881 - 10/17/02 10:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No offense to you MsPacMan, but I'd suggest fanning more then once a day.  In my experience (remember, this is just my experience and opinion  :smile:) you should fan ~3-4 times a day depending on the number of cakes you have in there and the size of the chamber.  Just something to keep in mind, different people do things differently.  hehe  :laugh: 

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Fruiting Chamber and Sterilization [Re: eltardo]
    #970910 - 10/17/02 10:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with ^^^^^^, fanning needs to occur more than once a day, unless you have some other means of air exchange, i.e. a humidifier.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Fruiting Chamber and Sterilization [Re: Skikid16]
    #970985 - 10/17/02 10:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Under normal consistant inside & outside temp circumstances, the raccoon has been pretty happy with a 30 minute air exchange every 6 hours set on a timer. When fruits are starting to jet up & get large fast, every 4 hours to insure a very high humidity. You want to treat them teenagers right, so they mature into something you are proud of. :grin:

But the size, temp, humidifier & other circumstance is differant in everybodies system. So, what works for one, may not for another. You just have to tinker with yours, until you find out what works for you. :smirk:

6T  :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds