Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Syringe w/o Glovebox
    #2825432 - 06/24/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Im sure this isnt a revolutionary idea or anything,but I thought I would put it out there for anyone who in new to cultivation or just anyone who hasnt gotten around to making a glovebox yet.

If you think ahead a little when you are making prints you can easily make yourself some nice syringes with a fair amount of confidence. So here it goes...

1. Materials
a. half pint mason jar with a metal lid
b. piece of tyvek
c. tube of high temp silicone
d. Nail (something to poke a hole in the lid with)
e. pressure cooker
f. nice shroom cap of your choice to print
g. syringe
h. lysol (Oust air sanitizer is a good thing to use also)
i. scalpel or exacto knife (some sort of flame sterilizable blade)

Step 1. Preparing the jar
a. Use the nail to poke a hole in the lid ( near the edge,about 1/8" from the ring makes drawing the spore water out a little easier)
b. Squeeze a nice little blob of high temp silicone onto the hole in order to make a nice self sealing port that will go through pc'ing with no problem.
c. Cut a piece of tyvek that will fit snuggly into the bottom side of the lid. (tracing the mouth of the jar onto a piece of tyvek and cutting it out makes a perfect fit)
d. Place the tyvek inside the lid and screw it onto the empty jar.
e. PC the jar for about 45min at 15psi

Step 2. Making the Print
a. Prepare a nice clean work space by cleaning the surface with lysol and spraying the air (preferably with Oust since lysol doesnt atomize sufficiently to attach itself to and kill airborn contams).
Wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap (disposable gloves and a quick rub together with 70% isopropyl alcohol is best) and your ready to print.
b. Unscrew the lid of the jar,but dont remove it yet. Place it upside down onto the sterile work surface.
c. Use a pushpin or some other tool that you can flame sterilize to spear the cap and slice it off of the stem as close to the gills as possible. (sterile blade)
d. Quickly remove the jar and place the cap onto the tyvek on the inside of the jar lid and then screw the jar back down into the lid.
e. Let it sit overnight. In a clean area remove the cap and screw the lid back on again nice and tight.

**Now you have a sterile print on tyvek inside the jar.

Step 3. Making the syringe

a. First of all you will need to boil some water for about 10 min and then suck up a syringe full and let it sit for a few minutes and shoot that water out into another container(anywhere but back into the boiling water) ...Repeat this a couple of times and finally save the water in the syringe and let it cool completely.
b. When the syringe has cooled down place your jar and syringe on a clean surface (clean hands goes without saying I hope)
c. Wipe the lid and self sealing port with 70% isopropyl alcohol and give it a minute to evaporate.
e. Flame sterilize the needle and wipe with a clean paper towel soaked in alcohol and stick it into the port and squeeze the water into the jar. DONT TAKE THE SYRINGE OUT UNLESS YOU WANT TO RE-STERILIZE THE NEEDLE. With both hands hold the jar/syringe combo and shake it like hell for a minute or two and then draw out the spore water and your done. **This is where the tyvek makes it easier because the spores dont adhere as well to it as they would if you made the print in the bottom of the jar. A little shakin' and they will come right off into the water.

**You can ,of course,prepare a few syringes and inject their water into the jar to get a few out of one print if you wish. Just remember to sterilize the needle between every insertion.

Well thats it! It reads like a lot to do,but it is actually very simple in practice!

Good Luck!
MYKEY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDr. Greenthumb
HipHopHead 4Life

Re: Syringe w/o Glovebox [Re: Mykey]
    #2825441 - 06/24/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mykey v. Magash
Round 1 Fight!!

:smile:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2825470 - 06/24/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Why do you put the print on tyvek instead of on the jar? :confused:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: Syringe w/o Glovebox [Re: KaptKid]
    #2825476 - 06/24/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The spores stick really good to the glass and make it hard to get em to bust loose and mix up. They dont stick to tyvek as well and come off easily when you shake the jar.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Syringe w/o Glovebox [Re: Dr. Greenthumb]
    #2825492 - 06/24/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Naw, mine uses a glovebox. I like his idea.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: Syringe w/o Glovebox [Re: Magash]
    #2825535 - 06/24/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Magash! Dr.G's reply had me thinkin I posted something that you had already written out. I thought yours used a glovebox,which is still the best way to go IMO. I was just thinkin of people who dont have one.

MYKEY

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2828175 - 06/25/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

haven't I read a similar tek somewhere?

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck