Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: JMF / GT Round 2!! [Re: NoCopsPlzThx]
    #27954631 -

NoCopsPlzThx said:
Hey, I see it now! That is so rad, thank you! It's really good to hear from another new mycologist.

Brand new an super eager to try everything lol.

I checked out some of your threads. I see you dove straight into everything like I did. I've spent hundreds of hours reading mycology related threads, papers, watching videos, and discussing with anyone who will listen!

That is what got me started as well.  Lots of reading on how after learning about the benefits of mushrooms.  I wish i had more people around i could actually talk to about it lol


I've got everything on deck to get spore and clone material from these fruiting cakes. Between petris, souffle cups and gladware, I have plenty of kit for working cultures. I'm still learning implementation as I go, to a large extent, but feel that I've got a solid grasp of the process.

Nice!  I am currently starting from spore 2 ways. PF and Agar.  The Agar has germinated and I did my first round of transfers today.  Still early, but i wanted to save as many henetics as possible so i can explore them all.  I now have about 50 petri dishes with mycelium on them.  Still super small amounts, but time fixes that.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how your next grow turns out. I know I'm new too, but please don't hesitate to ask if I can be of assistance.

I am looking forqard to it too lol. I will reach out if i have any questions. 


Have a great weekend, m8!

you as well!






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JMF / GT Round 2!! [Re: SymPlayTon] * 1
    #27955599 -

OI!!!





Beautiful sight to start a beautiful day! Thanks again for all the knowledge, my friends. Some cute little fruits with nice solid, firm stipes! This cake seems to have skinny fruits, the other one has fatter stipes. Multispore, quite interesting. Funny, my receptors dont mind either look.

:allseeingeye:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JMF / GT Round 2!! [Re: NoCopsPlzThx]
    #27956336 -

So today has been pretty awesome. These fruits must have thought this was a wedding venue because they are all removing their veils! :mushroom2:

I notice this time I have no "fuzzy feet" and my stipes are much stronger, denser, and only slightly hollow. My last run, the stipes were tubular and stringy and almost all had "fuzzy feet". I'm also noticing Same genetics, so I'm thinking my conditions are much more controlled and optimal this time.

So, this cake had 6 fruits come off it today. Would you all dunk again now, or should I wait until harvesting this cluster?



I'd dunked the last 3 GT cakes yesterday and rolled today. The SGFC is reaching its optimal occupancy now.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JMF / GT Round 2!! [Re: NoCopsPlzThx]
    #27956974 -

Wow! Piltzintecuhtli must have visited last night. I'm pleased they approved of my sacraments. I need to come up with a strategy for getting some spore prints. I've read the 2nd flush should generally have fewer, bigger fruits. Hoping that's the case!! The largest ones hadn't dropped spores yet.

I'm wondering how long after the veil breaks do the spores usually start falling? I'd like to obviously let the caps grow in size. If they do sporulate inside the FC, are they still able to be used for printing?



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JMF / GT Round 2!! [Re: NoCopsPlzThx]
    #27960544 -

Took first 3 flushing cakes out of the dunk today and their verm coat was still absolutely flawless. I'm not sure why I see even new cakes with a horrid looking verm layer. My verm adhered beautifully. I think it's to do with how fine it is, plus I didn't wet the verm immediately. After rolling, I let it set up for a few hours before spraying it. Furthermore, I'll use as fine as mist as possible and keep the nozzle 2-3 feet above the surface. The right front cake was harvested and is now dunking. The pins on the dunked cakes have taken off!

7g dry so far after 4 cakes first flush.

Edited by NoCopsPlzThx (09/22/22 07:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Greetings! JMF / GT TriCake SGFC check-in NoCopsPlzThx 474 11 08/22/22 12:07 PM
by NoCopsPlzThx
* All Of RR's Notes (Advanced Mycology) Notes/Links I Liked dumbfounded1600 36,298 10 05/20/23 12:59 AM
by johnukguy
* Tx and GT mini Double Tubs, Harvest Time! Rated XXX
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Hattori Hanzo 36,840 154 10/15/08 09:27 PM
by Bugs
* JMF in fruiting for 14 days
( 1 2 all )
apacket 5,612 23 08/23/22 01:25 PM
by Smellyhobbit
* First time grow Purple Mystics and JMF Dekeology 5,273 9 08/23/18 12:17 PM
by Caps McGee
* B+ (Round 2)
( 1 2 3 all )
Boris 4,587 46 12/29/08 02:35 PM
by Boris
* JMF and PE origins 2022 update. who knows the real stories? madhatt3r 687 9 08/25/22 12:52 AM
by schpat
* Discussion for the different looks of the GT
( 1 2 all )
kykeon 4,455 24 12/02/18 11:00 PM
by canid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,994 topic views. 13 members, 59 guests and 311 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 17 queries.